The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Rant Rant Rant RANT! :hissy:

I'm so freaking annoyed!!! AGAIN!!!

So my Mom calls and is talking about the menu for tomorrow's dinner. She's mentioning the pasta dishes and even though I've told her a thousand times that I will not eat pasta she keeps going at me, and at me, and at me about it.

Convo went something like this:

Mom: But why? You can eat pasta, I've seen [Mom's BF who does WW] eat it, and she gets a very decent amount!

Me: Yeah, but [Moms friend] has like 8 extra points a day to spend. I have to be more careful

Mom: Well you can have a little bit [in an annoyed voice]

Me: Yeah, but for the amount of points it costs it isn't enough to fill me up. Then I'll be hungry after and have to eat even more. It just isn't worth it to me.

Mom: But I made it so you can eat it!

Me: Thank you, but I really don't want it.

Mom: [muttering to herself] Well, maybe I can put other stuff in it and everyone else can eat it

Me: That's great! Make it however you want! Don't feel like everyone else has to suffer just because I don't want it. Thanks for thinking of me though!

Mom: I don't get why you can't just eat a bit of pasta. It isn't going to hurt you.

And that's how the convo goes. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her that it isn't something that I personally want to spend my points on she gets so irritated with me. :cry: She's been semi following WW as well, but isn't really losing and will go up more than she goes down. I finally got exasperated and told her today that while I might not eat pasta atm, I'm losing weight and that's what is important to me.

:cry:

Then she turns around and goes on and on about how she's proud of me and how she wants me to lose weight! :wacko: I told her that I didn't think so as she's pretty pushy with the pasta.

FFS. Why can't it just be "Oh, okay! Well its here if you want it. :) " and that be that? NO, she has to argue and get annoyed because I am not eating how SHE wants me to.

:cry:

:hugs: Tiff that must be a really difficult situation. If she's anything like my mom she thinks what we were having before (when we lived with them etc) is perfectly healthy and well-balanced when in reality it's really not :hugs:

:hugs: Tyff. My OH can be like that sometimes....so bloody frustrating!!

So today I had:

raisins(1.5)
porridge(3)
Soup(0.5)
Sandwich(4.5)
Crackers(1.5)
Chocolate Mousse(1)
Fish, Cous Cous & Veg(4.5)
=16.5 so far even though it feels like I've been eating all day.
Managed to make grilled cheese for the 2 year old I look after and not eat 1/4 of it like I usually do ;-)
Luckily I don't have Easter plans so no chocolate for me to eat :)

2.5 pound weight loss for me this week. Not great, considering it was my first week and that's when most people lose tons of weight. But...it was Passover and we had four large family meals, so I guess I shouldn't have expected more.

2.5 pounds is alot of weigh to lose in a week... :D well done

Well done Capital! Great loss!

I went 11.5pts over yesterday - ooooooops! :blush: But....it was first day back on track for probably about 4-5 days so it wasn't too bad considering...:rofl: I'm back on it today, after sorting madam out earlier i'm going to get some breakfast in a mo (yes, i know at this time :rofl:) then i'm going to bake later on but WON'T eat the mixture...:haha:

Hoping for a good day today - i feel 'in the zone' so to speak :lol: Good luck today, everyone :)

Great job CC! :hugs:

So I 'officially' weighed in this morning and yep, 3lbs gone this week! Bringing me up to a total of 17lbs gone.

:cry: Honest to god I never thought I'd shed even 5lbs. I'm so happy that its working!!!!! :happydance:

i was so bad this morning.. i had some cadburrys caramel choc... :blush: but it works out 1 pt per piece.. but i was like 8 pts under yday cuz i felt sick at dinner time.. and i had about 8 pieces.. does that still mean im over my pts?? or just even now? :wacko: sorry if im not making sense lol

If you've had points spare from yesterday then class those chocs as yesterdays points and just have 18 for today - that's if your still doing the 18pt thingymibob? :lol:

That's probably what i'd do anyway :)

I think your points are just that. It doesn't matter what you spend them on so matter as they are there, so if you were under 8 points at dinner but ended up eating 8 points worth of chocolate afterwards (to me) that would mean you're even.

I remember my friend mentioning how you could blow say 20 points on McDonalds breakfast, but then if you don't want to be going over your points you're stuck eating 0 point foods (veggies and such) for the rest of the day. :)

It may be different over there though! :hugs: Mmmm, chocolate.

i think 8pts worth ofr choc was worth it lol..

but way in is in 3 days gotta be strict for the rest of the days so i dont weigh up heavier.. but had a sneaky weigh in this morning and looks like 2lbs loss this week.. hopefully 3 by monday

Well done Capital and Tiff!!! :happydance:

I'm so happy the plan is working for you Tiff :hugs:

I had a sneaky weigh in today :shhh: and am finally under 220, hope it stays there tomorrow ;)

I think your points are just that. It doesn't matter what you spend them on so matter as they are there, so if you were under 8 points at dinner but ended up eating 8 points worth of chocolate afterwards (to me) that would mean you're even.

I remember my friend mentioning how you could blow say 20 points on McDonalds breakfast, but then if you don't want to be going over your points you're stuck eating 0 point foods (veggies and such) for the rest of the day. :)

It may be different over there though! :hugs: Mmmm, chocolate.

I just wanted to add something into the discussion. I think you're partially correct on this...

If you are meeting your points allowance and if you are eating all the servings of meat/protein, low-fat dairy products, fruit/veggies, and healthy oils every day...only then can you spend the rest of your points on chocolate, chips,etc.

I had a friend in high school who was doing WW. She had a junk addiction, but not a big appetite. So every day she would have a hot chocolate for breakfast, a slice of pepperoni pizza for lunch and either a large cookie or chocolate bar to finish. She usually would have oven baked fries for dinner. And that's it. Did she meet her points? Yes. Was she losing? Yes, usually. Was she "allowed" to spend her points like that since she wasn't going over? I'd say that the WW folks would say "NO WAY!!".

So I think that you can eat whatever you want, so long as you're fulfilling the WW program's daily food choice requirements.

Anyone have other thoughts? I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but open to disagreement!

No I agree, I do think WW is about following a healthy/balanced diet. the good thing about the program is that it allows for these slipups or cheats as we call them and doesn't penalize you for it (if that makes sense?)--which is what I think what Tiff meant more or less. But eating unhealthy foods all the time no I don't think that's what the program is about. :)

Thanks Vickie! :hugs:

CC, no I think you're right. :mrgreen:

I imagine the whole point of WW is to train people to make healthy choices all around, so balanced meals and whatnot too?

Although C-R-A-Z-Y that she could survive off of eating that little. :wacko: There's no way I could do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->