The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

:rofl: You two and your McDonalds. I worked there a few summers and can say I'm not fond of the place :rofl: guess that's a good thing

Hmm.. Reminds me sorta of a granola bar, but more fattening I presume? LOL!

Well - have done good today! :) Still have 6.5 points left. Might share a bag of popcorn with my OH.. Need to keep this motivation! LOL. I really hope switching my weigh in to Saturday mornings helps!!!

:yipee: for another good day!

I surprisingly had a good one to, I thought Hannah's fall would totally make me eat (emotional eating, I was quite upset for several hours) but I resisted :wohoo:

Good job Vickie!!! I probably wouldn't have done so good!!! LOL.
I did resist this choccie desert my mom offered me though! She forgets I'm dieting - unless ofcourse I'm trying to cheat without her offering?! :rofl:

I've had a day before WI this morning and i'm up 1lb :( My own fault though! Plus, :witch: is definitely on her way! :argh:

Hi all,

Im joining you on saturday after going to a meeting.

I have done cambridge for 12 weeks and lost 4 stone..i only have a stone and a half to go to target so going to do it through weight watchers as im fed up of not eating.

I want 2 be at target by my birthday 21st sept, if I stick at it is that enough time 2 lose a stone and a half?

Weight watchers is new to me so will be on here quite alot asking for advice.

Seems like you are all doing well with it. Have read some interesting recipes that I would love to try.

Has anyone got any weight watchers cookbooks? As Il be cooking for myself my husband and our 2 children Im looking for a family friendly cookbook to follow if anyone can recommend any.

Louise x

Welcome PM! :)

If your only wanting to lose 1.5st by Sept that's more than enough time. They average between 1-2lb a week, however, if you've never done it before you tend to lose more quickly although it does tend to slow down after a couple of weeks...

I've got 2 cookbooks but can't remember what there called - i'll have a search for them. If you sign up to the weight watchers board they tend to do recipe swaps etc on there.

Good luck!

Welcome PM! :)

If your only wanting to lose 1.5st by Sept that's more than enough time. They average between 1-2lb a week, however, if you've never done it before you tend to lose more quickly although it does tend to slow down after a couple of weeks...

I've got 2 cookbooks but can't remember what there called - i'll have a search for them. If you sign up to the weight watchers board they tend to do recipe swaps etc on there.

Good luck!

Thank you. il take a look at the board thanks 4 the tip :thumbup:

Thank you.

Sorry I have more questions.

When you go to your first meeting what usually happens? I have a voucher for free registration and free meeting.

Do you get a pack which explains everything? Do you get a points book or have to buy one.

Also I saw on the website that you can buy the points calculator etc. What has anyone bought? Do you find it helpful. What will I need to buy at my meeting?

I jumped straight in and bought the monthly pass (works out cheaper) but if you've got the voucher for free reg and free meeting, i don't think you've got to pay anything the first time but obviously the week after you will. I'd take some money just incase though.

I'm not sure about getting a pack but you'll get a folder (i think) that explains stuff and you'll get a paper calc sort of thing, not very easy to use to be honest. Although, if you do stay to the meeting after (which they advise you to do) they usually take the time after to speak to the newbies and explain how to do it and whatnot.

I bought a starter pack which contains a journal to track everything you've eaten, eating out guide so you can eat out and it'll tell you the points for most places and also a shopping guide. I also bought the pocket calculator and it's a godsend! I take it everywhere....even shopping so i can work out points in the supermarket then if it's too high, i don't have to buy it and can go for a lower option. I think all electrical items have gone down to half price this week so you maybe in luck! You'd need a decent pair of scales to weigh your food out, doesn't have to be the WW ones. I don't have those but have been considering some!

Thank you. Il make sure I take abit of money with me then and if things are half price il get em. My bathroom scales are rubbish they are half a stone out so may have to invest in some.

Will def by the calculator then. and maybe the starter pack :blush:

so far my day is going ok...just that bit of cheesetoast was completely un-neccessary

cereal bar(1)
choc milk and toast(5)
cheese toast(2)
soup & crumpet(1.5)
=9.5

dinner will be rice, quorn and loads of veggies in tomato, so should be low point. I weighed myself this morning and was down 3lbs from last Thursday which is surprising as I had a rubbish weekend, guess I'll see tomorrow morning

If your going to the meetings don't buy any home scales- you get into the habit of jumping on them a few times a day and it completely upsets you when it shows your not doing well :haha: Well, does me anyway! I wish i'd not got mine.

I meant kitchen scales to weigh your food out :)

Welcome Proud Mommy!

Had my WI today and I've lost 2 lbs. Woo Hoo! I'm just so very excited that it's working, even after being out of town all weekend.

Doing well today.

Whole wheat English muffin with egg whites, peppers, onions and tomatoes. 2 pts.
Apple 1 pt.

veggie burger with WW cheese, mustard, tomato, and a salad with LF dressing. 5.5 points.

Snack of carrots. 0 points.

I still have 11.5 points left for dinner and another snack.

Proud mummy!

U get a folder for free which included basics points for popular food and a table to work out points. if you buy a monthly pass you get a free welcome pack which has a book off all the foods you could ever think of and there points values!!

If you wait for your monthly pass to come thruoght the mail you should get a money off voucher for a calculator.. so worth getting! xxx

Tracking for the day

banana 1.5
Cereal Bar 1.5
Pate 2
toast 3

so total was 8 points just after lunch.... going well.... then :(

I took Holly with a friend to a resturant with soft play centre attached, we didnt really want to eat just wanted to use the soft play so we ordered some nachos to share while she played... I just looked on the website for the nutritional information and
Nacho for 2 are 991 calories PER SERVING! so thats half of them with 23g of saturated fat!!!! EEK!!!
So they were 20 points just on there own :dohh:

Therefore:

Today = Fail!!!

hey guys I've been off WW rly :blush: weighed in this morning and I STS so not too bad but im a bit angry with myself for having a break. I could have lost a few more lbs.. nevermind.

Least you managed to STS, Blah! :)

Well done parkgirl :)

WI for me tomorrow - whatever the outcome is i'll take it on the chins :haha: and start all over again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->