The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Drinking green tea helps you to not retain water I found.

quiet few days in here!

Hope everyone is doing well :) I made a homemade spaghetti sauce last night so am going to eat that for dinner tonight :munch: hopefully it's good

hey :hi:
thats sounds nice vicky
we are having lasagne tonight.
ive been super lazy the past few days and just having ww ready meals for lunch but went out today and had veg soup.

Hi all sorry I haven't been about much my laptop has broken I'm afraid so updating via mobile currently! My current weight loss total is 13lb but my loss has slowed badly the last 3 weeks I needs some tips to boost it next week any ideas?

well done annie!thats fantastic:happydance::happydance:

are you drinking plenty of water?i find this is my biggest weakness.

how many points are you on?you could try doing faststart for a week to give a little kickstart again:thumbup:

how much has it slowed down? Sometimes mine goes down to .5 loss for a couple of weeks and than goes back to 1.5-2 pounds. If I do a lot of walking than every once in a while I get lucky and have a 3 pound loss now

Hellooo all may I budge in? :blush:

Just started following Weight Watchers two weeks ago - so far not bad! Lost 13.5lbs up to now :happydance:

Can't deal without noodles though! From what I've seen they're all really high in points. Anyone know any no so high?

hi kate!
well done on the weight loss!:happydance:

i love noodles too.
when i make a stirfry for lunch i use amoy straight to wok noodles
they are 2.5 points:thumbup:

:hi: Welcome Kate and well done on your loss so far! :happydance:

what kinds of noodles are you talking about? I don't eat much other than pasta noodles and now use the whole wheat ones which aren't horrible in points

Well done Holl!

So I had a note through the post today from my Leader saying well done so far but that I need to up my points to slow down my weight loss to 1-2lb per week. What do I do now? I know 18lbs in 5 weeks is a lot, but the thing is was 255lbs when I started so I didn't think the 1-2lbs per week thing really mattered at this stage as my body will lose faster as I'm so overweight? It's not as if I haven't been eating properly because I am, I dont eat all my points every day but only about 1-3 points less than I'm allowed depending on what I've been doing. I get a lot of exercise at work (I walk around 7-10 miles per shift and do 3 shifts a week) and so far I haven't actually eaten any of my activity points but I thought they were optional anyway? Is it going to harm my weight loss in the long run by losing quickly in the beginning, I thought it slow down in a month or so anyway.

Dom, I'm with you- bring on the weight loss! I started at 213.5lbs last Tuesday and I lost 5lbs by my weigh in date (Tuesdays- doing it on my own w support from different forums) and today I'm down a total of 7.5lbs (I get "weigh in" obsessed.) I know when I lost my weight before (about 8 yrs ago) I dropped it quickly and I ate my points (then started at 32pts I think, little to none exercise- and lost about 50lbs in 3mths). Your leader probably wants the 1-2lb drop to help ensure you keep it off, but everyone loses differently so I'm not sure what course of action for you to take right now- I guess whatever YOU feel comfortable with as long as you follow plan. *shrug* :) great job on your loss so far by the way!

Well done Holl!

So I had a note through the post today from my Leader saying well done so far but that I need to up my points to slow down my weight loss to 1-2lb per week. What do I do now? I know 18lbs in 5 weeks is a lot, but the thing is was 255lbs when I started so I didn't think the 1-2lbs per week thing really mattered at this stage as my body will lose faster as I'm so overweight? It's not as if I haven't been eating properly because I am, I dont eat all my points every day but only about 1-3 points less than I'm allowed depending on what I've been doing. I get a lot of exercise at work (I walk around 7-10 miles per shift and do 3 shifts a week) and so far I haven't actually eaten any of my activity points but I thought they were optional anyway? Is it going to harm my weight loss in the long run by losing quickly in the beginning, I thought it slow down in a month or so anyway.

I started at around 250 and lost very quickly for about two months before it tapered off....first few weeks I lost 4-5 pounds at a time, than 3-4 pounds for the next 4 or so weeks, than 2-3 before I finally settled in at 1-2 pounds

I think the reasoning behind her wanting you to lose more slowly is because it's healthier and you have a better chance of keeping it off in the long run. Also when you lose to quickly your body isn't burning fat but muscle (it goes into starvation mode so stores fat) BUT I do tend to think that like me because you were higher to begin with and have probably made the same drastic changes to your diet that I did that this is the reason you're currently losing at a faster rate than what they say you're supposed to

Thanks guys when I say weight loss has slowed I had 2 weeks of stayed the same in the last 3 weeks with a 2lb loss in the middle! I think I'm
doing ok this week I've tried to use a few more points as I think my body was clinging to my weight as I have had some low point weeks! I really hope I can get my stone sticker this sat when I weigh as I would be please with a stone in 9 weeks!

I think u should do what u feel comfortable with Dom
how many points do u under eat by? X

Thanks girls, at the moment I dont think that the rate I'm losing is bad but then I dont want to harm my long term goals so I'm having a look into 're-feeding' days to see if that will help somewhere down the line.

I might have a chat to the doctor to see what he thinks, I've got to go and have another diabetes test soon anyway as I had it when I was pregnant.

It's difficult, because I'm trying to chang my habits and I dont consider myself to be 'on a diet' and part of that is not eating for the sake of it so it feels odd to have to push to get up to my points allowance iykwim? I've got 4.5 points left today, I had 7 left on Monday (I was really busy, only had a glass of milk at breakfast as I hadn't done shopping yet, then had WW and had to do shopping so didn't have lunch), 1.5 left on Tuesday and none yesterday but with my activity points I've got 27 points saved this week already and I'm working Sunday as well so will end up with another 6.5-8 points from that shift. I think next week I'm going to give myself the full 4 daily activity points on the days that I'm working and see what happens then.

the journals here were moved because the new area is more private (not viewable to guests) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->