The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

WOW Vickie that's amazing.

Another day out with my girlfriend, so who knows how many points I had

cereal[5]
vegetable and cheddar panini with coleslaw and crisps[??]
banana bar[1]
moo banana milk[2.5]
cous cous tagine[6]
1/2 a naan bread[2]
icecream[3]
=19.5 plus whatever the sandwich had *sigh*
back to normal tomorrow!

So I am off to Sainsburys today, to get my weekly supply of shopping as I start this today. I always start a diet/detox on a sunday e.t.c Dont ask why..:haha: I have gained 5lbs back of the 74lbs that I have lost, gutted. But its my own fault, I have been comfort eating and the like. Do any of you ladies, eat the Weight Watchers ready meals? Thinking of buying a few just to keep in the freezer for emergencies.

:wave: welcome ER!
I keep a few WW readymeals available. Really handy for lunchtime, or even dinner if I've been bad at lunch :lol: My fave is the Beef Hotpot :munch:

so first week = DISASTER, I have PUT ON 0.8kg !!!

I can't believe it as I have been sticking to my daily allowance of 18 points, have been having breakfast & lunch every day, whereas previously I would sometime not have breakfast. I didn't think I had lost anything as the food quantity / quality was the same as pre WW and within my points allowance

Admittely I have done ZERO exercise this week, as I work 8 - 5pm behind a desk and then dont have energy or time to workout with a very busy 1 year old to also look after.

Whats gone wrong ???? - did anyone not see any weight loss in week 1, but then did in subsequent weeks ?

Help please

I can't believe it as I have been sticking to my daily allowance of 18 points, have been having breakfast & lunch every day, whereas previously I would sometime not have breakfast. I didn't think I had lost anything as the food quantity / quality was the same as pre WW and within my points allowance

Admittely I have done ZERO exercise this week, as I work 8 - 5pm behind a desk and then dont have energy or time to workout with a very busy 1 year old to also look after.

Whats gone wrong ???? - did anyone not see any weight loss in week 1, but then did in subsequent weeks ?

Help please

What time did you weigh hun? Because your usually heavier in the evening, and also have you been following portion control too? Big hugs hun, dont worry that really isnt a big weight gain. Things like, being near that time of the month can also cause weight fluctuations but its not real its just the water retention x

Help please

What time did you weigh hun? Because your usually heavier in the evening, and also have you been following portion control too? Big hugs hun, dont worry that really isnt a big weight gain. Things like, being near that time of the month can also cause weight fluctuations but its not real its just the water retention x

Thanks. I weighed myself first thing this morning, before breakfast which is how I have always done it. I've eaten the same things and generally same size portions as previous - maybe thats where I am going wrong ?. I've just finished my AF so maybe thats it.

I feel a bit disheartened really, as I've read lots of posts from women mentioning they've lost 3 - 5 lbs in week 1. I would have been satisfied if I had maintained, but to GAIN just makes me :growlmad:

So I am off to Sainsburys today, to get my weekly supply of shopping as I start this today. I always start a diet/detox on a sunday e.t.c Dont ask why..:haha: I have gained 5lbs back of the 74lbs that I have lost, gutted. But its my own fault, I have been comfort eating and the like. Do any of you ladies, eat the Weight Watchers ready meals? Thinking of buying a few just to keep in the freezer for emergencies.

Good luck, however to lose 74lbs already - you're obviously doing something right !.

Not sure on the WW meals, - we don't get them in the local supermarkets over here. Not sure if you can buy them online.

Would be interested to hear from other ladies as to how effective they are - especially the snacks, as I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so would be nice to see some snacks which are also low in points.

weigh out some of your regular portions, i'd pretty much guarantee they weigh more than you'd think (I was shocked anyway!) Particularly the likes of cereal, rice, pasta etc - for a while i was counting points too low for the portion i actually took.

:hugs: don't be disheartened though. Our group leader reckons some people have a 2 week cycle too... so it'll take til next week maybe to show on the scales.

I buy the Rich Toffee Bars @ meetings sometimes and yep - they are lush!
The Cranberry & Orange ones are nice too (both 1.5pts).

Tesco Light Choices Raspberry bars are really tasty and only 1pt.

Pink and Whites (you know the mallow inside wafer things?) are only 0.5pt if you need a sugar-fix!

Hmmmm what else?! WW cookies are nice, once you get onto the taste of them.

:hugs: TTC_Lady I agree with what the others said, a lot of things could have effected your weight and I'd definitely measure all of your foods out to see if you have the points right etc. I was shocked when I first started at how much over a serving size most of my foods were

We have different foods here but I do find the skinny cow ice creams to be good (not sure if you have them there?) and I've tried the WW cakes (lemon and chocolate) that were also really good. Some of the 100 calorie packs (again not sure if you have those there) are pretty good as well

I bought some scales after my first meeting and when I weighed a portion that I thought was 2 points - it ended up being 5.5 points! I was really shocked about it but its taught me to make my portion sizes smaller or allow more points for certain things!

I buy the ww cookie bars which are 1.5 points - I'm a sweet tooth too and they're gorgeous! You can also buy strawberry sweets (they come in lots of flavours actually) and the whole box is 0.5 points - they'll be quite good as an emergency thing in your desk!

I buy the WW pizza's too - they're 7 points and are really nice. I've been pleasantly surprised with all the meals & food cos they are nice and I would buy them anyway! One of my friends can put up to 5lb on when she is due or on!

thanks. I never thought about portion size to be honest. I may have been underestimating my points. Do I need to buy special kitchen digital electronic scales ? Or would regular ones be sufficient.

I don't use special scales just a cheapy kitchen scale that measures out the ounces for meats and cheeses etc. and I use cups to measure out my other foods

thanks vickie.
I think i need to do some more background reading on WW, points allowance, portion control etc in order to get familiar with this.

TTC are you going to meetings or anything?
If not it *might* be worth going to even just the one to get the file full of info (about a tenner to join - no obligation to return!) I tried following WW without any of it, but found i only really started to lose when i had my file for reference :hugs:

ooops just noticed you're in germany - not sure how it works there! but i'm sure you have books/something available specific to you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->