The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Hi :)

Im joining WW tomorrow, So that will be my starting point! .. Im joining with my friend also whos about the same weight/hight as me!...

Im really hoping it works for me! Iv also gone mental on buying the actual WW products and it will be my first week so dont want to get it wrong...

I currently have about 14 WW frozen meals, a couple of fresh, 4 tins of soup, 2 packs of yogurts, jelly sachets, a pack of there biscuits, bag of chips and there new spring onion mash! .. ooo and a mini garlic bagette! but that was out of date, only relised when i was unpacking my shopping so that will be going bk!:growlmad:

also do they have any products you can buy at the meetings? some yummy cereal bars? as i dont eat actual cereal?

abd also LOL... I drink tea, so if iv got this right its 0p for the tea, I dont have sugar so thats 0p and the milk is 2 points for half a pint of the red? so for my tea it be 1 point as i would only use a quater of the pint ? .....

what do they give you in your first meeting when you join? Im hoping to lose at least 5 in the first week!

Thanks everyone for reading! ..Am i allowed to add what i eat to here to make sure its right?

:hi: Welcome CLH!

I don't attend meetings so not sure. But here they don't sell to many weight watchers products. I do however now have a general idea of what to look for when I am buying and have found plenty of non-weight watchers products that are low in points. Not sure if they sell them there but here they have Fibre One bars that are kind of like a cereal bar? And only worth 2 points (though our points are different as well)

you can certainly add your food here :) Some people find it helps them keep track of their points if they post here

Thanks!

I just put Fibre One bars into google and the imagine that came up for them iv never seen so im guessing no.. but we have loads of eqivalents ..

Im really excited to start WW, sad i know! LOL

I have about 49 pounds to lose! .. and i want to lose at least half of that by xmas if not more!

Thanks so il start adding my points on TUE, offical start day!

Hi.... Welcome to WW.

Didn't you start cambridge recently aswell ?, how'd it go ?

The weekend is over so tomorrow I can weigh and meassure my food again :)

Today I had:
cereal[5]
ww bar[2]
vegetable and mozarella panini[10?]
pasta with quorn bolognaise[6.5]
dried fruit[1]
=24.5??

I made some pumpkin puree earlier because I want to make pumpkin bread but I'm only using half of the puree, so will maybe add some of it to my porridge in the morning and see if I like that :)
Pumpkin is a 0-point veg here

not sure what pumpkin is here, should go look at that. We froze some of our pumpkin puree that we made last weekend, will hopefully have a chance to make pumpkin bread again soon....maybe for Thanksgiving

Hi.... Welcome to WW.

Didn't you start cambridge recently aswell ?, how'd it go ?

Umm well i done it before and lost 10lb in 2 weeks... then i stopped as it was costing me £50 a week and I just couldnt afford it for another week.

I did start again, only done about 4 days but lost 4lb in those days, but i gave in and had chocolate and just havent done it since.

I thought I would start WW, see how i get on with it as it seems good with all the points...

How come in different places the points are diff? like the pumkin, free werever RainbowMum lives but maybe not were vickie lives?

Just wondering ....

UK WW and US/CA WW have different ways of working things out. no idea why, but they do :shrug:

How weird, you would think that they all work so they would just have one way of doing it :shrug:

Oh well... Since this is my last day before i offically start im just chowing down a pack buttons :winkwink:

I have about 49 ish pounds to lose to be where i want to be...

CLH Red milk is skimmed isn't it? Its only 1 point for half a pint and 2 for full pint. I only know because I drink it too - I allow 1 point a day for my milk!

Good luck! I go to meetings and they have cereal type and chocolate type bars there which I think are really nice!

the US/Canadian system seems to be slightly different than the UK :shrug: No idea really why it is that way but it is

Hope you all have a good day! :)

Tracking:

porridge with pumpkin and raisins(this was quite yummy actually)[5]
crackers[1.5]
soup and bagel[6]
crackers[1]
hummus, rice cakes, veg one hard boiled egg white(just threw the yolk away as that's where the points are)[3.5]
tiny slice of pumpkin bread, I weighed it[1.5]
=18.5 :)

so today i purchased some electronic scales and you are all correct , I was over estimating my portions.
Today I had
Breakfast
oats so simple porridge with semi skimmed milk
Lunch
Cup a soup tomato
2 ryvita sesame seeds
Bowl of grapes
1 banana
Dinner
half pack pasta n sauce with salad
Muller rice - vanilla

......17.5 points

I'm hoping if I eat healthy and correct portions within my points allowance ill actually lose some weight this week - if not then i.m at a loss what to do

Fingers crossed.

Hey ladies how are we?

I have had a crap week.really fallen of the wagon. Most part is i'm exhausted with 3 poorly kids and not being able to cook many meals or exercise.I've tried to reign it in but i think i've only lost 1lb or so plus its my af.Feel such a idiot but it has been a hard week.

Does anyone have any simple meal ideas for one?

official weigh in is wednesday eve so 2 days to try to shift a bit more x

oh is it important to eat breakfast every day?

I think it's important to eat all of your meals so your blood sugar stays normal.

:hugs: Hope the kids feel better soon

hmmm generally if I'm just making something for me I'll make a tortilla or pitta pizza (whole wheat tortilla or pita bread, 1 ounce of cheese and 1/4 cup of pizza sauce) sometimes I add mushrooms or ham if I have it around

not sure what pumpkin is here, should go look at that. We froze some of our pumpkin puree that we made last weekend, will hopefully have a chance to make pumpkin bread again soon....maybe for Thanksgiving

I just made some pumpkin bread this afternoon and the entire loaf is 31 points, so I'm going to try and cut it into 10 equal slices. It's more "bread-y" instead of loaf cake type pumpkin bread I used to bake in the U.S.

quick question, how much exercise do you do ?

I work FT now and dont have the motivation, energy to do any real exercise in evenings. So the only exercise i get is walking around the office, hoovering , cleaning around the house. I do try and get to my zumba class each sat which is 60 mins and a good overall body workout.

Just interested to hear how much you workout alongside doing WW as there are some amazing weight loss stories here and im curious as to how much is due to eating less / better and how much is due to increased exercise. I know thats a combination of both will yield bettter results, but would be interested to hear about your routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->