The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

:rofl:
Nothing would stop me from climbing if I had a really bad chocolate craving... :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: well if I can't see them than hopefully I will forget they are there, though I do still have 7 points left for the night..............:rofl:

it was pretty good though not very angel food cake like in my opinion :rofl: Stan loves it though and so does Hannah. it tastes pretty good though the top was a bit burned :| it was sweet but not overly so

I can't decide if I want to get the online membership....
I have my own book where I keep track of points, etc.. it's basically just like the sheets they give you at the meetings...
What else is there on there?
I have all the momentum info on paper, like all the stuff they give at meetings, I have not only a slider for the points, but I also have a little pocket calculator that I can take to stores, etc to get the points for items... Just duno if it's worth the money when I already have so much.

What do you think?

I don't think it would be worth the money for you tbh

The thing I used the online system most for is looking up points values and tracking what I have for a day. Sometimes I do surf through the recipes but really you can google and find a lot of these recipes either, plus sharing on here, and your cookbooks etc.

I do like the online system because I don't have the tools you have. Plus it is very simple for me to find foods quickly and enter my totals for the day, really convenient for me.

oh and the online thing does have where you track your weight and loss etc. and some good points and info on it. but not something I use daily. also has a forum type area but again not something I'm ever on, I don't have the time :haha:

and I'm DYING to try this recipe since I saw it https://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/prt/recipe.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=65351

going to buy the stuff for it on Friday :rofl:

I actually have a WW calculator that a friend gave me. It helps for looking for munchies and whatnot at the grocery store. :)

I am such a scatterbrain though, I totally need to have something do the "work" for me. Plus, actually enrolling in it is forcing me to be accountable, whereas before if I fell off the wagon (so to speak) it didn't really matter because I wasn't officially doing it. Although Nat, if you already have the gist of stuff and understand it I'd save yourself the money.

Although the online thing is good for recipes, but I'm sure you could use Google for that!

Sooooooo I had my dinner! I had a 1/4 size portion of pad thai, one vegetable spring roll, and beef and chicken stir fry, and a 1/4 cup of plain rice. That equaled out to about 9 points or so! :happydance: I was so happy! I drank water instead of the mango bubble tea, and will do some more time on the bike tomorrow to make up for today.

I had 2 glasses of wine though, so that brings up my points for today to 25.5, I should've been at 23. Not too shabby though, for eating out! Not to mention I can use my flex points for the extra 2.5 points that I ate today.

I'm so afraid that I'm not going to have lost any weight by my weigh in next week. :cry:

:hugs: you will! I find that I don't lose the first 5 days or so, and it tends to fall off a day or two before weigh in :shrug:

Well done on the food! Sounds like you did great with everything but the wine ;) Eating out can be very tricky!! :hugs:

23 points, I'm at 29 so can't imagine having only 23 (though I'm sure as I lose and they lower I'll get used to it!)

and my dinners are generally by far my highest points, generally around 10

After this I am done with eating out for a bit! :haha: Well, I say that now. Wine and beer is definitely my weakness. I like it, but I don't *have* to have it, like I *have* to have my morning coffee, iykwim?

I had friends who saved their flex points for the weekends and would go out and get smashed. I'm not a fan of getting drunk, I just like a glass or two here and there. Although when I was younger I was all for going out and getting wasted. Ha ha ha, how times have changed!

dr. peppers were the hardest thing I gave up, but I had to because they ate away so many points!

I tend to use my flex points on the weekends though it's more that we're out and about so we eat out more. I'm going to try not to use them for a few weeks though as I was really bad going to Red Lobster on Saturday :rofl: Of course I say that now and we're supposed to go see Stan's dad next Saturday and they usually have way to much food and try to push it off on you!

Be strong! :thumbup:

So I was hunting around this morning and I had one of those variety packs that you get with the Quaker instant oatmeal. The apples and cinnamon ones are only 2 points, where the others are 3! So I had one of those, and swapped out the sugar for stevia (its okay, I still prefer sugar though!) so my coffee and breakfast was 3.5 points this morning!

Gonna have to do some more on the bike today :wacko: to make up for last night. I'm somehow skeptical that the points were accurate!

the first week is the hardest by far! I was skeptical, didn't think I'd lose anything or that I'd do it right, but I did and you will to. You might not lose as quickly as I did because I have a lot more to lose, but you will lose! :)

for breakfast today I'm having a bowl of raisin bran with 1/2 cup skim milk which will be 2.5 points! :)

Everything will get easier as you go Tiff! It's a huge adjustment at first when you're used to eating whatever, whenever!

I jumped on the scale pre-maturely this morning... shouldn't have done that... was up 2.6lbs, all from having a cheat day on Friday?! Jumped on again about 45 minutes ago before my shower, was was only up 0.8lbs... That still sucks, I indulged a little too much Friday, but since then I've been good as gold, even been limiting all salts and sugars too just because I knew that I had to be good if I was going to be bad on Friday! It's such a downer though because anytime I have a day like that, I feel like I'm permanently gonna be a whale if I can't ever indulge... :hissy:

Oh well..

For breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal - I use the Weight Control stuff Tiff! It was the Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar or whatever... 2pts, it has like 6grams of fibre in it which is really good! I had a pear as well, and then ofcourse my bit of milk with my coffee! so 4pts so far!

Tonight the biggest loser is on, so I gotta make sure I have enough points left for my popcorn and pretzels tonight! :rofl: I gotta watch a show about morbidly obese people who NEED to lose weight, and I sit there and eat the whole time! :blush:

Vickie - do you not like Diet Dr.Pepper? Atleast that way you can have some, but without the points! And diet pop does count for some of your waters.. I think 4 coffee, tea, diet soda, sugar free juice (like crystal light), milk, etc. count towards your 8 glasses per day. And the rest should be straight water.

:hugs: Natalie maybe it's still water retention from the salt in what you ate? I know the time I ate pizza on my b-day I went up a pound but lost it 3-4 days later.

never been a fan of the diet stuff. And since I've quit cold turkey most days I don't even really want anything other than water. I have been making juice and once in a while I have that

I *love* the Crystal Light Strawberry-Orange-Banana stuff. It doesn't even taste diet to me! :happydance:

Curious, how do you count points for milk in like, coffee or whatnot? I've only been able to find things for whole or 2%, but we use 1% (and are going to switch to skim today). We're about to get our groceries and shopping stuff done!

Going to pick up a food scale, and an electronic weight scale too. We have a regular one but I don't trust it, I have to adjust it every time I step on it.

We're bringing our WW calculator to the grocery store today too, so hopefully we'll come out with some good options!

I don't drink coffee so I'm not sure but when I use milk I just measure out what I'm using and than look it up. The points thing doesn't have "skim" milk but does have fat free so I go by that one. I'm not a milk drinker at all so I really only have to do this when I eat cereal

we have a regular scale though I now kind of wish I'd bought an electric one. :lol:

good luck shopping.

Some things I've found that have been good and filling (and simple): fajitas (I actually use the cowboys steak for this) with whole wheat tortillas, but make sure to compare brands and if you can there is a weight watchers brand that is only 1 point per tortilla, some of the other whole wheat tortillas are 2 points per tortilla! turkey and chicken burgers are also a new staple in the house, we use half the meat for burgers and than the next day I use the other half for meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs. Pasta sauces the healthy choice stuff is only 1 point per half cup. Make sure to buy the low fat cheeses, will save you loads of points. And of course the whole wheat pastas. Loads and loads of veggies about half our plates now consist of vegetables!

We also like making the crispy chipotle potato skins from the WW site and the au gratin potatoes.

It's 1/2cup of Skim milk is 2 points. I say 1 pt for my coffee, but there's no way I use 1/4cup in it! But sometimes I have tea in the afternoon, so I just say 1pt just incase!

I have one of the digital Weight Watchers scales! Got it from Wal-Mart. It has like 4 users in it, so you can calculate your BMI, and a bunch of other things, mind you I don't like those numbers, so I just use it for the actual weight!

My biggest tip is looking for stuff with High Fibre, because it keeps you fuller longer, and that helps bring down the point amount because Weight Watchers is about the filling foods! And like Vickie said, definitely compare brands. Fat free sour cream in the No Name brand is 0pts per serving, but other brands of Fat Free are 1pt! I don't know if you and P shop at No Frills a lot, but a lot of the Blue Menu stuff is really great too! We use the angus meatballs! It's 4pts for 6 meatballs!

If you can do salad, we try and have one with every meal. Just as "filler" I guess! I use mostly Fat Free Italian dressing because it's 0 pts for 2Tbsps, and it counts as an oil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->