The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

natalie the online thing has a different total for skim milk :huh: it's like 2 points per whole cup. Odd

I'm starting to wonder how I'll do when I have next to no points - I know that's a ways off, but I started at 28 points, and now I'm at techincally 26 points, but from day one I've been using 25 as per my MIL... She said that at the meetings they said you can use 2-3 points less if you WANT to and are having problems reaching your points target each day, but that if you do use the lower range, you have to stick with it, and not feel like having more one day and using the full amount ,etc...
So I've been on 25pts from Day 2..
How hard do you think it's going to be getting down to next to nothing? My mom is on 18 a day, and she has to eat such small small meals because otherwise she uses too many points. Her lunch each day is usually like a can of broth (0pts) and then a serving of goldfish (2pts)... Talk about boring....

Really?? I like that number better!! :rofl: I'll have to re-check our book! That's how we've been doing it from day 1...

:shrug: that's what it says, but it's fat free milk and I assumed it was the same as skim? there's not really an option for skim milk on there

18 points sounds horrible! I was thinking about what I'd eat if I had that few points on the way to sign class and it wasn't pretty :rofl: but maybe it's one of those things because the points gradually decrease that you adapt and get used to it?

:confused: How is a can of broth and some goldfish crackers a good meal? Yikes, I'd cry. Although I suppose its more and more veggies? :shrug:

I think we got the same little kitchen scale that you guys have Vickie! It was the only $20 one, the rest were digital and like $60!!! :shock: Holy was grocery shopping a NIGHTMARE. We had to bring Claire as both of us were going and she had a total meltdown while we were out. Also, talk about seniors! Okay, okay I get that they feel entitled and stuff, but a couple were blocking a full aisle while trying to decide on jam. Claire was having a meltdown and we needed to get by them so I asked them politely if I could get by and they IGNORED me!!!

:hissy: Then when I asked again they glared at me and finally let us through. Jerks. :growlmad:

So we have our scale, it calculates body fat and whatnot too, but only has 2 users and isn't a WW one. :)

For lunch I had a can of the Campbells Healthy Request Tomato Garden Veggie soup. Its 2 1/4 cups for the whole can, which is 3.5 points. Also had a diet ginger ale and I am FULL!!!! Yay! I like that "couldn't eat another mouthful" feeling and I totally have it.

Off to re-weigh ourselves and start thinking about prepping for dinner tonight!

The first time we did the shopping after starting WW was a nightmare for us too! Hannah was not impressed it took us so long to shop, because we were comparing calories and such :wacko:

As for that old couple I probably would have hit them with my stroller :haha: how rude!

that soup sounds good! I'll have to look for it

roast beef sandwich for me and some reduced fat pringles that I saw in shoppers :dohh:

the :witch: is here and I'm having all sorts of weird cravings, not to mention am super cranky :rofl:

Most of the Healthy Request soups are not bad! :thumbup: Taste wise and points wise I guess. The Vegetable beef barley one would be more, Probably around 4.5 points or so, but the Tomato Garden Veggie, Herbed Chicken Noodle and the Fiesta Bean and Veggie are all 1 point per cup, or 3.5 points for the entire can!

I'm also happy that my Diet Ginger Ale is sweetened with Splenda! I'm like Natalie, I don't like aspartame if I can help it. I also picked up some frozen spinach, was going to toss that in with the cheese for the pasta shells that I am making tonight! :wohoo:

Going to make a cucumber and tomato salad, with balsamic vinegar. Yum!!!!!

that sounds good Tiff! We made some kind of mushroom spaghetti stuff that we used frozen spinach for

https://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/prt/recipe.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=55171

this recipe but we used just regular spaghetti noodles instead of the bowties. I also want to make nuggets out of the frozen spinach that we have, someone suggested it once for weaning and it sounds like something Hannah would really like

Yum! That looks delish! I mentioned the portobello pizzas to P, he said they sounded good, but he'd be pretty gassy afterwards. :sick: Not sure if I want to make them now! :rofl:

Oh! I couldn't find the "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" cooking spray. However, I found a canola oil "butter" flavoured one by Blue Menu (PC Products). I haven't actually tried it, but will probably do so as an afternoon snack.

I couldn't find any "fat free" cheese either. I was able to grab low-fat (28% less fat than regular cheese) shredded stuff, but that's it. I'm just waiting for Claire to be ready for her nap (stupid 10 min cat naps in the car!!!) and then I'm back on the bike for a half hour. It was still only 2 activity points if I do a half hour, or 45 mins... so I'm gonna do a half one instead. :blush:

don't forget to enter your walking today to around the store! Even if you put it in as leisure walking you will get points for that!! :happydance:

Note to self don't make portabello pizzas for Phil :haha: :rofl: that was pretty funny though. Make them on a day he goes in to work ;) they were pretty good and so low in points! easy to make to

we usually buy the bars of cheese rather than shredded and cracker barrel has cheddar cheese (old and medium that we found) made with 2% cheese and mozzarella as well, so that's what we've been using. I also have some of the full fat stuff for Hannah though she generally wants ours :dohh:

I'll have a look for that cooking spray! I also want to get the olive oil cooking spray because I've seen a lot of recipes call for it :shrug:

I have no idea how broth and goldfish works! :rofl: But she'd rather have a nice big dinner!!

Campbells Request is good - also, Tiff you could try making the Garden Veg Weight Watchers soup! It's 0 points - I love it! And I just throw whatever extra veg I have in there, and it freezes well too!

Another addiction I have when it comes to soup is the V8 and Knorr soups - they're in the tetra pack type thing. They're really nice! Most of them are 1pt for 1cup (so half the box...) and 3 pts for the whole thing... And it's a serving of veg per cup, and I find them quite filling! Just expensive if you don't get them on sale!

I don't use my activity points, I was told not using them increases weight loss. Mind you I rarely do activity anyways, but that's besides the point! :rofl:

Is P doing it for weight loss Tiff? Or just being supportive and doing it with you without whining (like andrew does!)

I know PC has the good spray - like Tiff said it's Blue Menu!

I've noticed a lot of "blue menu" products since starting, especially the pastas and such, they were actually on sale at our no frills last time we went and I stocked up :rofl:

I really thought Stan would whine about it :haha: but so far he's been very much into the program and supportive

I dont usually use my activity points either but than again I have a lot more points than Tiff does :rofl:

Stan likes veg and stuff though right? Andrew likes a total of like 3 vegetables, so there's a lot he isn't interested in trying because he isn't a veggie person. If it involves meat, he's totally willing to try!

But, lately I've been baking - so I keep sending it to work with him for him and all the other IT guys! It seems to have shut him up quite a bit! LOL. I hate listening to him moan about it because unless he wants me to be miserable about my weight for the rest of my life, he needs to suck it up!!! LOL.

That's probably the one and ONLY good thing about living here with his parents, they try anything, and his mom is my WW buddy!

Stan eats a lot of different kinds of foods and yep lots of veggies, probably more varieties than I eat :rofl:

Hi all just a quick update I have just got back from my ww meeting ...its been 2 wks since i have been due to oh shifts and i was really worried as my damn scales said i had lost 1lb :( But ...my weight watchers leader says i need to throw my scales and only get weighed on hers as mine are clearly out ...Ive lost 6lb in 2 wks !!!!

well done Serina!! 6lbs in 2 weeks is fab

I'm really struggling to eat somewhat 'well' and stick to 18/19 points :(
It's cold and rainy and I just want to eat crap!

Looking forward to warmer temperatures on the cruise so I can fill up on salad at lunchtime.
Just need to step away from the chocolate buffet ;-)

Well done Serina!
We had a scale that was wrong like that too! And then I bought a brand new digital and it matches my doctors!
Bet that made your day! :)

Is there any 0 point stuff that you can eat to fill up on ? ..Does anybody know the points for skinless turkey breast ? I think its lower then chicken but cant remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->