The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Oh, and about the vegetables, again I think it's because the calories for most of them are so low, that they are zero, but once you eat enough, eventually the amount of calories becomes a point! A lot of people don't know that though, they just assume that because 1 serving is 0, that you can eat as many servings as you want and it's still 0!

I actually mentionned something about that, but in reference to chocolate to Vickie yesterday I think! That if you have double, triple, etc servings of something, instead of just multiplying the points value by the amount of servings, you have to actually multiply the cals, fat and fibre by the serving amount, and then use those numbers with the calculator, and in most cases it means an extra 1-2 points than just multiplying the points for 1 serving..

Stan just read off the fajita packages calorie information etc. to me and I put it in my calculator and that thing is 1 point for a quarter package :rofl: I so did not know that

I did that with the healthy choice soups. I figured it'd be 2 points for the can, but when I actually converted how 540ml converts to cups it was actually 3.5! Still decent, but if I hadn't have checked, I would've been off by 1.5 points.

Although for the 18 points for the day, I managed to get to 5pm today with only consuming 10 points! :shock: I'm up to 19 now, but I still have 4 points that I probably won't eat today! :wohoo:

We plan our meals for the week, so I eat more points for breakfast and lunch if I know dinner isn't as high of points. It helps me get through the day easier! lol.

Natalie a question for you (or anyone else who might know but you have all those books :rofl:) do you know how many points a pork chop would be per ounce or grams?

Last time I looked all I could find was some chophouse porkchop :shrug: and I think that's a brand not the food

did you like the shells and cheese Tiff?

Wouldn't it be the same, if it were ounces or grams? :rofl: I don't know much about that sort of stuff. I did a google convert so 1 ounce = 0.035 grams. I imagine to go by ounces? When I was reading how to gauge food portions by your hands, the palm of your hand (without fingers) is supposed to be 3 ounces of meat.

:shrug: I'm probably totally missing the point of the question. :haha:

The shells were great! I ended up eating 5 and a half shells instead of the 4 though, too darn tasty!

yeah it would be but I thought she might only have info on one or the other :rofl: didn't think about converting it myself to something my scale can measure :rofl:

glad you liked the shells!

Vickie, I usually say my pork is 3pts, like tiff said, for about the size of your palm, which is about 3oz! When I go upstairs for my snack, I'll bring the points book down and tell you exactly what it says! :lol:

Ok. This is what it says in the points list..

Pork, cooked.
-lean cuts, trimmed and cooked, 1 slice, 1 chop or 125ml cubed or shredded, 60g (2oz) = 2pts
-center loin 60g (2oz) = 2pts
loin, and tenderloin are the same... 2pts for 2oz.
And it's 3pts for 20z of pork leg, pork shoulder and pork sirloin...
I can't find anything about specifics for the actual grams, etc..

I know it doesn't answer the exact question... but hopefully it's close!

no actually it does pretty much answer my question, 2 points per 2 ounces cooked it seems :thumbup: easy to remember :lol:

was thinking of having pork chops tomorrow night with rice-a-roni because I'm feeling lazy :rofl:

:dohh: We bought the WW brand tortillas which say 1 point per serving but when I worked it out on the calculator it said 2 points per serving :huh:

REALLY?! Call the comment number and complain! :rofl:
I wonder why that would happen.
Does you calculator say 4 and up for fibre, or does it ask for the specific number??

I just did it and got 1... did you reverse fat and fibre, cause that makes it 2...

Stan is the one who read it to me :rofl: no the calculator online just asks for a number? :shrug:

when I just type in weight watchers tortillas and it brings up the list it says one point there?

hmm maybe the online calculator thing isn't accurate?

I just went to the site and looked at the nutritional info, and then used mine, and I got 1 pt...

90 cals, 2gs fat, 3gs fibre.. that's 1 pt!

mine say 100 calories! 2 fat 3 fibre

why the difference I wonder?

maybe it's the kind you got? hm...
and even the package says 1pt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member