The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

yeah the package says one point, the calories is listed as 100 though :huh: and when I work it out it says 2 points

I just worked it out with the 90 calories and got 1 point but my package so 100 calories! :wacko:

I'd call the hotline on the package!
Now I'm gonna have to work out the info of my bread to be sure! That's all we eat is WW bread!

I gained 0.75lbs this week - I thought it was gonna be atleast 2lbs on so Im happy with that!

Great job! :thumbup: Glad it wasn't worse than you thought it was going to be!

Hmm, I bought the WW bread too... I know that the multigrain ww bread was 2 points per serving while the white bread was 1.

I worked it out (we bought the white bread) and for 2 slices: 100 cals, 1g fat, 3g fiber, which is 1 point. Phew!

Oh my god do I have a rant this morning! :hissy: P is way too particular to be doing this. He jumped on me this morning because apparently a can of the campbells soup is 4 points, not 3.5 :haha:. He said that the online conversions are wrong apparently, as I put in that 540ml is 2 1/4 servings. You can't convert it perfectly, I think 540ml is actually 2.283 cups, but you round up and it gives you *roughly* 2 1/4 which is what I put into the calculator.

So then he said that the way we're SUPPOSED to be doing it is dividing the numbers then multiplying them by half of what it's supposed to be blah blah blah. I was like :confused: huh? First thing in the frikkin' morning!!!! I got so fed up with him I said that I will continue to do it the way the plan tells me (using online conversions if need be) but apparently the calculators are wrong and he is right.

:roll:

I do get what he's saying, in some instances where it doesn't convert out nicely yeah there is going to be a grey area. I told him that I couldn't believe he was getting this pissy over a freaking half point (considering he gets 30 freaking points a day!) and that I wasn't concerned, and I will still do it the way the site tells me.

I told him to drop it a few times because I didn't want to talk about it FIRST THING IN THE MORNING and then he called me a cranky bitch when I am up in the mornings. :cry: He tried to bring it up a few more times, each time I was getting more angry and told him to drop it, then he said that it was because I couldn't "deal with being wrong".

:shock: I just didn't feel like arguing with him. He woke up Claire because of how loud he was being so now I've got a super long day with her today. She should've slept for quite a bit longer.

Really upset, and now I just want to make a seriously greasy and fatty breakfast.

:cry:

Aaand while searching along, I've come across this site Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. She has a table (once you scroll past all the blinkies) and has a list of restaurants. Click on a restaurant and it has the point value for the menus!

:thumbup:

Here I am to back you up! :rofl:
Weight Watchers actually says to ROUND to whatever is nearest.
I honestly don't understand the part about dividing and multiplying... I think it's impossible to get it perfect with things like this - which leads me to my own issue.. why do they say the serving is "250ml" on the package, but they give 40mL more than 2 servings! :hissy:

I personally would have probably said 4, but that's because I usually like to aim high to be on the safe side. But really, half a point isn't that big of a deal! But I guess if he's nit picky about stuff, then it would be! lol.

He's incredibly nit picky. :rofl: For the most point I can tolerate it and let him say his piece and be done with it, but not at 6am! :rofl:

Honestly I could've cared less if he had figured it out to be 6 points per can. At 6am, my give a damn is totally broken.

Did you work out your bread? Mine is still 1 point for 2 slices, thank god.

Speaking of sites..
Here's a few places I get some of my recipes from.. For you UK ladies, I'm not sure what the difference in points would be.... But Tiff, the Kitchen Parade one should have the WW soup on there if you and P are interested in trying them!

https://kitchenparade.com/2002/10/weight-watchers-recipes.php

https://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/

https://pitterpatteroflosingpounds.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone can get some good recipes from them!

We have the white up there, I forgot until I read it, so I'm ok! :rofl:
But we do usually get the Whole Wheat - which is still 1 I believe.

Another good one - which has been on sale at Wal-Mart, and I had coupons is Dempster's Body Wise! It's basically the same, but I actually like it a little more!

See I was looking at the whole wheat yesterday, and it said 2 points per serving. Still not horrible, but strange to me. You'd think more grains would be better or something?

I'll have to look next time - because we've been saying 1pt, and if they went and changed it I'll be MAAAD! lol.

Well done serina and panda and kim :thumbup:
Natalie (i think it was you who was talking about dropping points)- i started on 26 im now on 18 and its hard! it takes more planning and juggling points. When i first started i had cereal for breakfast but now i hav fruit instead cos i cant spare the points.:dohh:
Well yesterday was exactly a year since i started ww and im so pleased i didnt quit :haha:

That's great Pinky!!! You're so close to your goal too!! I feel like my foods are going to get so boring, sometimes my dinners are 10 points.. Which means I'll be starving through the day. Guess it'll be something where I'll be eating a lot of salads and 0pt soup! lol.

Yes it does get a bit boring- i would starve without salads and 0 point jelly :haha:
You can do it though :thumbup:

:hugs: Kim glad you didn't gain more than you expected!

Tiff it's 9:15 and I've been up for over an hour and still did not understand what P was saying about multiplying and dividing :dohh: I tend to round it as best I can and leave it at that. I figure since I generally have a few points left over (well most days not all) that it's okay. Plus seriously .5 points isn't going to really matter either way I'd think :shrug: Tell him he can put it in as 4 and you will put it in as 3.5 :haha: :hugs: :hugs:

Pinky well done! One year that's amazing! And you've done so well on your weight loss!! :hugs:

Natalie we're going to have to learn to be really creative when we get down to 18 points :rofl:

For breakfast Stan is making silver dollar pancakes here. I think they are 5 points for 4 of them but I doubt I'll eat them all :lol:

See I was looking at the whole wheat yesterday, and it said 2 points per serving. Still not horrible, but strange to me. You'd think more grains would be better or something?

I always try and avoid the wholegrain bread as the seeds/grains contain extra fat, meaning exra points/slice.

The WW bread over here is like 0.5/slice but 1.5 for 2 slices, weird...

I had a sneaky weigh-in and looks like I have lost everything I gained last week plus some more, so just have to continue being good and will have official weight tomorrow :happydance:

I agree Pinky, I'm allowed 22 Points but was trying to stick to 18 for a couple of days to make up for some 'pigging out' and have to say that it was pretty hard to eat so few points. I'm running after 3 kids at work so need a good bowl full of porridge to start the day, which usually is already 4/4.5 Points if I want to add some blueberries to it :(

He sent an email apologizing for being snarky with me this morning. :smug: Good thing, I was pretty ticked! :rofl:

Great job Pinky! You're doing so well!

Rainbow that makes sense with the extra seeds containing extra fat. Good fats mind you, but still I'm like a hoarder when it comes to my points! :haha:

Well done Rainbow and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow! :happydance:

Tiff glad he apologized :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"