The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

that sounds good :( probably won't be on sale on Friday though when I can get there

No they aren't. :( Probably til tomorrow!
BUT - they do go on sale quite a bit I think!

:cry: well maybe next time we have access to a car :rofl:

Yum! I should get some of those!

Oh! Nat here are the numbers for the popcorn:

For 3 cups of air-popped popcorn, plain is 1 point

However, 5 cups of microwaved "94% Fat Free" popcorn is only 1 point as well.

Yeah, I'm lame and felt the need to bold some of the text. I just don't understand it!!! :rofl:

Edit: They specifically mention this "Jolly Time" popcorn brand that I have never heard of, but that's one of the 94% fat free kind.

I'm not normally a popcorn person but it's a good filling snack!

:dohh: I *may* have figured it out!

Its 3 cups of UNPOPPED popcorn. It says a "portion" is 8g. There's no WAY 3 cups of popped popcorn is that much!

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:shock: I just changed my points to reflect me not having 5 points of popcorn today ( :rofl: ) and I have 6 points left over! Well, makes sense as to why I am kind of hungry. :dohh:

Nat could you double check that for me please though? I posted it in the message boards but no one has replied.

Yeah I'll have my mom ask at her next meeting, I think that's Tuesday though, unless I convince her into going Saturday! LOL.

Also - Jolly Time is the "weight watchers" stuff.. the reason you haven't heard of it is because it seems to be only in the states as far as I can telll.. And if it's something of theirs, I wouldn't be surprised if they've somehow managed to put extra fribre in it somehow!!

So to clarify, it's saying 3 cups of UNPOPPED airpopped is 1 pt?? You just found that right??

Oooh!
This stuff sounds GOOD!

https://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=31501&sc=3024

Tiff - do you have air popped stuff at home right now??
the Jolly Time has 9g of fibre per serving... that's loads of fibre, that's why it's so low for 5cups!
Whats the fibre on 2TBSP of unpopped kernels for your stuff?

Yeah I've just looked the PC Blue menu Popping Corn, and it only has 4g of fibre. It's gotta be something they do to add more fibre into the popcorn bag, and that's why it's less points!!!
I'll still tell my mom to ask, but I'm sure that'll be the answer! Fibre is huge with WW!

I'm so confused now :rofl: so it's three cups unpopped how did you find that?

^nevermind I now see where you saw it.

But it says 3 cups oil popped is 11 grams?

Stan measured it and said that 1/4 cup of unpopped popcorn is 11 grams

1/2 cup popped is 3-4 grams? that still doesn't measure up with the air popped :huh: but measures up with our oil popped

no it says 3 points for 3 cups (11 grams) of oil popped popcorn

Ohh.. Yeah, oil is worse though.
Air popped has nothing to it but hot air popping it, so it's just the kernels right?
But that Jolly Time stuff that you can get in the states as 94% fat free has 9grams of fibre in 5 cups of popcorn, which makes it only 1 pt because it has such high fibre which is one of the main bases of the WW program.
Whereas regular popping corn, when done as air popped only has 4grams of fibre for the serving, so you get less popcorn, because it's not as "filling" of a food!

yeah it is worse but I don't have a fancy airpoppper ;) Or a microwave :rofl:

:wohoo: Stan said we should look for an air popper when we go shopping since the points are so much lower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->