The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

So - Andrew wants to buy an elliptical, which sounds great and all.. but I duno if I can justisfy spending the money? It's a $999 one, at Sears here in Cobourg and he's been told we can have it for cost. I just know if that's like, too good to be true.
I should trust them because it's his mom's best friend offering it to us... :rofl: But as far as I'm concerned, a sales person is a sales person right??

But it would help me so much I think! My knees are bad, and the treadmill can be too rough, but I'd be able to do more with the elliptical...

I'd say go for that or a stationary bike. I use the bike and its awesome! My knees are really bad so I can't do climbing things or running stuff. The bike is perfect and ours was only $200 or so.

I say at least check it out! Like, ask for a definite price (taxes included) so then you know you aren't getting roped into anything.

I say check it out, maybe they'll let you try it out in store? :shrug: I've not bought anything like that but I'd probably try to get Stan to hop on it and make sure it worked :rofl: also make sure that the return policy is the same as if you weren't getting it at cost maybe?

well, my thing is, if it's so great, why hasn't it left the store?? There's 1 left, and it's on for $699 from the $999... but she said we could have it for $418 which is cost.. so obviously taxes on top. And because it's cost we can't even get carol's discount.

maybe they just aren't selling quickly? I have no idea how quickly those things normally sell...

Well, I wouldn't buy one that expensive tbh, so that might be part of a reason? If you were in the market for an elliptical trainer, would you spend $600 + on one? I've seen ones at Crappy Tire and Walmart for like $300 or so. But if you can get it for that price, then might be a good idea. :shrug:

Worth checking out, there isn't a law saying you have to buy it. If you don't like it, then don't buy! Easy peasy!

I forgot ot mention, it's the floor model.. I'm gonna go in and look at it shortly, because it was just him in there earlier.

And it's a good one though, that's the difference. The ones you see for $300 aren't really nice ones. It sure aint a gym one, because that'd cost me like $5000.

hope it looks good!! I used to do the elliptical back when I went to the gym :rofl:

We did some pricing around, and the "good" ones have more bells and whistles electronically but don't actually do more for you physically, iykwim? Like between a $300 one and a $1000 one you still need to put the effort in, the nicer ones have profiles and can store info like how many calories and whatnot you've burned.

To me its the same as a scale that tells you a bunch of stuff, and a scale (both electronic) that just tells you your weight. :haha:

Vickie, when you make the silver dollar pancakes, do you make the raspberry sauce with it? I don't know if I'd want that, but wondering if it helps with the points if you don't?

I don't make it, but haven't bothered entering the recipe without the sauce to see what the points total is :blush:

I use the Thyme sugar free syrup instead 0 points per 1/4 cup which is a ton of syrup!

I ate way to much for lunch and now feel :sick: because of it :( teach me won't it :rofl:

I finally found 1pt tortilla's!!!!
The Dempster's Body Wise ones!
Phew!
I get so mad about all these things being 2pts and up!
I want WW pitas so badly, and I can't find them anywhere around here!!! :( Have either of you seen them during your shops??

I'm not much into wraps, its crazy how much fat are in them! Although I might have to scope those out! Thanks!

While I was at the store, I checked out the bread... its 2 points for the multigrain, 1 point for whole wheat, so you should be safe!

Having a snack :haha:, cucumber sandwich. 1 point for the bread, 0 for the cucumber, 1 point for the tablespoon of miracle whip. :D

I haven't seen them Natalie but will look tomorrow at our No Frills, if they are there I can pick some up for you :thumbup:

I had spaghetti with a salad but ate to much pasta! :rofl:

for dinner we're having the WW chicken strips (found a recipe), asparagus, and crescent rolls

I've been soooo bad the past couple of weeks. had a bit of a "down" time and completely slipped off the diet track. :(

starting again tomorrow though :thumbup:

:hugs: It happens! Tomorrow is always another day. :)

:hugs: Tiggertea, was wondering where you'd gone off to :hugs: new start tomorrow :)

So my day:

Silver dollar pancakes: 3 points ( only ate 3 of the 4)
spaghetti (1.5 cups ouch!) & 1 cup romaine lettuce with 2 tbsp fat free Italian 7.5 points :dohh:
chicken fingers, 1 crescent roll, 1 cup cooked asparagus 8.5 points

which puts me at 19 for the day and will probably use 3 more tonight on the red velvet angel food cake ;)

I finally found 1pt tortilla's!!!!
The Dempster's Body Wise ones!
Phew!
I get so mad about all these things being 2pts and up!
I want WW pitas so badly, and I can't find them anywhere around here!!! :( Have either of you seen them during your shops??

how many points for two?

looks like egg creations are a dollar at no frills starting tomorrow, it's their dollar sale

Its literally a zoo when its the dollar sale at our No Frills. I don't dare bring Claire, lmao.

I'm impressed! A Nutrigrain bar is only 2 points! It gave me that little sumthin' I was needing. :wohoo:

So in total I had 19.5 points today! The last 4 points were just now, my glass of wine (2 points) and my Nutrigrain bar. I didn't think it'd be good to leave 7 points or so uneaten. Curious though, are you supposed to eat your amount each day? I remember someone saying that if you don't, your body could go into "starvation mode".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->