The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Nat, it took me quite awhile to build up to a half hour. Definitely a great goal to start small and then build up to it. P can do 45 mins at a go so I thought I was doing well when I aimed for a half hour off the bat, I was SO disappointed when I couldn't hack it! Keep at it!

Thanks for the Egg Creations thing! P stayed up all last night to get ready for his first night shift tonight so if we do go it won't be until around 1 or 2pm. :( Stupid night shift.

I had a red delicious apple, it was HUGE though... cost me 2 points! I weighed it and it was almost 8.5 ounces. I figured that was a good snack though, rather than making popcorn. While I adore popcorn, I can eat it until the cows come home. The cups just don't make it worth it to me for filling stuff.

Although! I bought a thing of Orville Reddenbaker (however you spell it) and with averaging it out, its less points than the no name kernels I bought. Instead of trying to measure out "cups" (impossible to do with popcorn) I measured out the 40g, and it was a decent sized bowl. Made me happy!

We just got back from No Frills! They had loads of egg creations so we picked up four! :lol: I didn't know you could freeze them though good tip :thumbup:

Natalie did you get any of the pasta sauce that was on sale? we hmmmed over it but the one we've been getting is less calories per serving so we decided against it

I'm about to make my 0 point lunch! Canned crushed tomatoes with a bit of garlic powder, herbs de provence and oregano, a cup of spaghetti squash and some cucumber and tomato salad with basamic vinegar for dressing.

Yummo!

breakfast for me raisin bran with 1/2 cup skim milk not my favorite :rofl:

lunch portabello pizzas :munch:

I glanced at the mushrooms yesterday but decided against it. I didn't want P sneaking them and being all stinky on me. :sick: :rofl:

Okay, so it ended up being a 1 point lunch. I opted to not put the tomatoes in the salad as I was having the crushed tomatoes in the sauce. Then I wanted a bit something more, and our Blue Menu Parmesan cheese is only 1 point for 2 tbsps. :)

Now I think I might have a Skinny Cow for dessert. Then I'll have to ride the bike this afternoon. :)

that sounds good!

especially the skinny cow snack ;)

P is up! :wohoo: Once Claire gets up from her nap we're going to attempt No Frills. Eeee! Wish us luck!

Another bad day for me :( I'm so crap at this, i can't seem to do it anymore!

:( Squidge

I don't know if I can help or not, but why are you having a hard time with it? Are you eating because you are upset? Or you just don't care? There's got to be a reason why you aren't as dedicated?

I hope I'm not coming across as condescending, I am not meaning to! Just thinking that if you can get to the root as to why you aren't following the plan then maybe you can fix it?

We're all here for you for support! :hugs: Maybe if you talk a bit as to why its hard, other than just saying that it is might help a bit?

I'm just finding it hard being limited to what i can eat with so little points (20). I've just gone 10+ months eating what i like without having a care in the world :lol:

My leader said don't be hard on yourself but i feel if i don't push myself i won't do it but then when i do push myself i fail :shrug:

Maybe if i planned my meals etc the night before or even the week ahead that may help :)

Good luck Tiff :hugs:

:hugs: Squidge, ditto to what Tiff said :hugs:

planning meals definitely helps us, though of course I'm still on the higher points and I know it's going to get so much more difficult when I get that low

I get 23, which is still 3 more than what you have... but I do find it tricky to try and figure stuff out.

I found that the spaghetti squash and crushed tomatoes is awesome! Its 0 points and is crazy filling. I find that lunch is where I try to eat the least, because I prefer to eat more for breakfast and dinner. :)

Other things that I've found helpful (mind you, only been doing this for a few days):

Fat free sour cream/powdered dips. Nat gave this as a suggestion to eat with the veggies. I can eat veggies plain but I found I would get hungry after eating them. Pairing them with some protein helped. 2 tbsps of the FF sour cream and a teaspoon of the dried dips are 0 points... so you can have a nice snack for 0 points!

Honestly, that spaghetti squash has been a godsend too!

I've also been making cucumber sandwiches: 2 slices of the WW bread (1 point), sliced cucumber (0 points) and then split a tablespoon of miracle whip (1 tbsp=1point) between the two slices of bread. I lightly toast it, then add some pepper and it's a pretty tasty sandwich for minimal points.

I'm new at this so I'm afraid I can't be of much help, but if I find more low point filling snacks I'll post them as I'm on a somewhat low point range too! :hugs:

Thanks for your help ladies, i guess i just need a big kick up the arse!! :lol:

I've got some 0pt jelly in, i don't really like veg but will have to try. I've got a bit of fruit in and i'm off to Asda tonight when OH's finished work to fill our new freezer up so i'll make a list of everything we can have for tea (he's doing it too, to help me) then buy the things whilst were there.

I'll buy veg and make some 0pt soup, i'll probably be able to eat it that way then i can freeze some portions too.

I guess if i put my mind to it, i can do it.

What kind of things do you ladies have for tea? We always seem to have the same stuff and i get bored with it after a while :dohh:

Squidge - is your OH on board with you? You should try getting rid of everything that's "bad" in the house - atleast until you've gotten yourself on track, you've got the will power you need, etc! My OH still gets his treats, but he has to have them at work so they aren't tempting you! The key is "filling" foods I think! That's what they've got the big push on, and I really think they do help! What about little 100 calorie snack packs, something that if you are having a craving for chocolate or something, you're limited to the 100 cals and it's just enough to get rid of it!
I think planning ahead helps too because you only buy what you need! Helps us around here for sure!
:hugs:
We're all here for you if you need help with something specific, and need some suggestions!

Did 10 minutes early - like I already told you. And Grady and I just got back from a 20 minute or so walk. I was freezing though. My ears are aching from the wind!

For lunch I had spring mix, a few baby carrots cut up in there, some peppers and onions.. my FF italian dressing, and a hard boiled egg in there! So that was 2 points, and then I had a bit of my Rustic Potato soup - but ended up tossing it as I was full! I limited my points today because tonight is Pizza, and it's 8 points for 2 slices! So yep! lol.

Tea is dinner right??

Some of the frequent things around here are.. a chicken breast, and when it's nearly baked, we pull them out, put about 2TBSP of salsa on top, and about 0.5oz of cheese. Just adds a little something to the chicken!
We do spaghetti squash with the pasta sauce too! Means we can have a few meatballs, and get a huge serving of vegetables in there because the squash is a free vegetable! And it's SO easy to bake!
We've been trying more recipes lately, like I found a low point Chicken Strogonaff, Tacoes, Chili, etc. And if you use ground chicken or turkey, it's lower points too! We just make sure we have atleast 2 vegetables with each meal! Usually a salad, and then whatever else we have! It definitely helps!

We have a lot of chicken for dinner, baked with a few spices on it. Sometimes we make fajitas or quesadillas. I try to load up on veg, usually half a plate of veg. Generally my dinners are fairly high (10ish points) and I try to stay low the rest of the day

Ooh some of those sound YUM! Yeah, my OH's said he's going to do it with me as he wants to lose weight too.

We're just trying to work out what food we've already got in, what we need to stock up on and then we're doing a plan so that'll help us. I've already got rid of most of the bad stuff in the house and replaced it with some 0pt jelly.

Im so happy 1.5 off for me :happydance:( its very rare for me to get more than 1lb off now)
I will be dropping another pt soon, then i will be on 17 :wacko:

Squidge- I find if i track everything down at night for the next couple of days, including snacks then i tend to stick to it- might be worth trying :hugs:

I just had a really yummy snack!
4 slices of melba toast, and 2 laughing cow cheese wedges (the light ones!) It was 2 points. And it really hit the spot! YUM! Never had them before, but I've heard good things about them, and when I walked past them the other day there was a coupon there, so I figured why not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->