The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Welcome V! :hi:

Vickie - I think as you get used to working with your points, it becomes easier to stay in your range.. maybe go treat yourself to a Dr.Pepper, that'll be a few points because of the calories!

:rofl: Maybe Saturday (after weigh in)! ;) if I drank one this late at night I'd be up all night :shock:

I bought some skinny cow cookie dough ice cream cups and I'm in love. Expensive, very expensive but oh so good

Watch for the Breyer's to go on sale too!!! We got 6pk for $3.99 at Metro a few weeks ago! They have cookies and cream, and chocolate fudge brownie!! 2 pts, and hits the spot so well!!!!!

hopefully they'll be on sale one of our shopping weekends :lol:

I think I rounded out yesterday with 3 points to spare. I weighed myself this morning, still at 166 but I've dropped like a fraction... so instead of 166.8 I'm 166.2. Its a loss, so I'm not complaining at all! Its crazy though, normally if I weigh myself during the day (to see what it is like with food and everything) it fluxuates up to almost 5lbs heavier.

All this week, I have stayed the same. 167 in the afternoons/evenings and 166 in the morning. Not sure what that means either unless I've balanced out my water weight?

:shrug:

Not sure Tiff... But you're definitely gonna weigh more throughout the day! BUT - you sound like the type that needs the scale hidden from you! (like me LOL) because you sound like you're getting upset about some of the numbers and that can deter you in your loss... My mom doesn't care about the number, except to keep her on track, she knows if she's up 0.1lbs the one day, that the next day she has to be extra good, etc...
But she's also trying to maintain now and be a lifetime member with WW...

They really say to weigh yourself only ONCE a week - just because of all the different fluctuations that happen through the week!

Finished last night with half a bag of popcorn, so still had 3 points to spare :) Good considering I thought I was going to over! Because Carol and I wanted to treat ourselves with a nice big piece of garlic bread with lasagna.. But she ended up getting a healthier option, and I was good through the day so it didn't affect me! :)

Welcome V2007 :wave:

I had a chip butty for dinner, 13pts :shock: Didn't get any breakfast as i was too busy sorting Madison out but i'm going to have cereal for tea then some 0pt soup i think :)

I'm NOT going over my points today...:lol:

Ive just had a ww chip butty for lunch and it was 4 points , used my new actifry to cook them it was lush first chips in 3 wks

Oh, I knew I would weigh more during the day, its why I always use my morning (before eating) weight as my "actual" weight. :winkwink: I was more commenting on how last week there was a 5lb difference between my morning/afternoon weight, where this week (its been steady) there's only been a 1lb difference.

Its definitely nothing I'm upset over, I'm more intrigued as to why there is a difference. :) Now I'm curious for next week to see what the difference is! :rofl:

:confused: I have NO idea what you guys were talking about with the chip butty, but glad you found one for a lower point value Serena! :happydance:

Tyff, a chip butty is chips in a breadcake :) Do you call them breadcakes? Bread Rolls? Baps maybe? :shrug: I don't know :lol:

My chip butty was the from chip shop thats why it was so high in points :(

:hi: Morning all!

Tiff my weight does that as well :shrug: I don't really know why, some weeks/days I gain loads by night time some only a pound or two.

Good luck for the rest of the day Squidge! :)

for breakfast I changed it up today :lol: 1/2 cup egg creations, .5 ounce ham, mushrooms, and 1 ounce 2% cheddar cheese.

Wonder how many points you'd get for having a spring clean around the house? :haha:

I earned 2 activity points last week for cleaning ;)

Oh wow! I honestly didn't think you could :rofl:

I've got rooms to tidy, pots to wash and dry, stairs to hoover, a cake to bake....:haha:

:rofl: Yeah on the online thing you have an activity tracker so I just put in cleaning and how many minutes I'd been at it and earned some points!

Oooh just had Minced Beef n Mash for the grand total of 6 points.

Im just waiting for Katie to go to sleep so i can work it off.

Hows ur day been ladies.

V xxx

Okay! Found some answers! I thought it was written well (as in, I can understand the lingo lmao) and thought I'd share:

Any combination of diet and/or exercise that results in weight loss will cause you to lose all of the following three substances.

1) Fat
2) Muscle tissue
3) Glycogen (a carbohydrate) bound up with water that is normally stored in your muscles and liver. When people talk about "losing water", they're talking about this.

Here's some more detail about glycogen:

The other thing to keep in mind when you're using the bathroom scale is that when you first start limiting your calories, your body is going to start burning through its glycogen stores. Glycogen is basically a fuel stored in your body. It stores sugars together with water and locks them up in the tissues and organs of your body like an energy battery, ready for you to use at a future time.

There's water locked in with those calories. That water weighs a lot. So when you start restricting your calories, the first thing your body burns is this extra storage of energy, this extra glycogen. And the glycogen causes you, as it's burned, to shed water. You might look at the scale and think, gee, I lost 5 lbs, but you really lost no body fat whatsoever. It was just water, because your body released glycogen. What usually happens to people when their glycogen store has reached zero is they get really hungry, they think they're in a starvation panic, and then they overeat. Their glycogen stores fill right back up, they gain the 5 lbs back, and usually they overate to such an extent that they store another half a pound of body fat or so. Now they're half a pound heavier than when they began and they lost no body fat whatsoever. It was just a game of glycogen and water storage they saw reflected on the bathroom scale.

Any kind of diet and exercise program will cause you to lose some glycogen, muscle tissue and fat. However, the proportion can vary depending on your weight loss strategy.

Cutting carbohydrates (Atkins, South Beach, etc.) will result in relatively high glycogen loss in the first few weeks, along with some fat and some muscle.

Drastic calorie reduction, especially without exercise, will cause you to lose a lot of glycogen and muscle tissue.

Excessive cardio can also reduce muscle significantly. Many long-distance runners at the peak of training can look quite gaunt.

Moderate calorie reduction, moderate cardio or interval work, and moderate weigh training are probably the most healthful combination for most people. You will still lose some glycogen and muscle, but a larger proportion of the loss will be fat.

There is probably no way not to lose some muscle when you lose weight. This is why competitive bodybuilders never try to lose weight (fat) and gain muscle at the same time. They go through bulking cycles, where they eat, sleep and train a lot, and slimming cycles, where they reduce their calories to lose fat, then gain back the lost muscle the next cycle, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->