The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Yay Pinky! :wohoo:

Got my Zero Point Soup all made, which is great.

Another interesting (to me) fact about popcorn:

I figured there was no difference between kernels. Browsing through Zehr's when I started I noticed the Orville R. popcorn kernels only had like 0.5g of fat, whereas the No Name had 2g. To me that's a huge discrepancy. I mean its unpopped popcorn... how can one have more fat than the other?

I've now gone back and forth between the two popcorns. I always weigh my amount so I can get the most ( :blush: ) popcorn per sitting. The Orville stuff is 1 pps (point per serving) and the No Name stuff is 3. :shock: But the one thing I noticed is that the No Name stuff is heavier than the Orville brand. I thought I was imagining it at first, but its true!

I get much less if I use the No Name versus the Orville. I know you guys are sick of my popcorn musings, but I found it interesting. And annoying tbh, because of COURSE the Orville stuff is crazy expensive.

:dohh:

hmm I've not looked at the bag, not even sure which we have right now but I have a feeling it's the No Name one because we're cheap :rofl:

how expensive is the Orville one?

so far for me today is going well!

Muffin : 4 points
8 baby carrots: 0 points
turkey sandwich with cheese: 6.5 points
for dinner we're having leftover lasagna: 7 points with baby bok choy (which is zero points but I use 1 tsp. of olive oil to cook it so that will add 1 point)

which will put me at 18.5 points used for the day (though there will more than likely be a 2 point snack in the evening :lol:)

I don't know how I keep coming so low under my points now but it seems to be happening more days than not

Well done, Vickie!

The Orville stuff is around $4-5 for 850g. It comes in a plastic container. The No Name stuff is like $1.99 for a kg.

:hissy:

wow that is expensive! :( strange how there's a 2 point difference in it :wacko:

so I think someone was asking about potato serving size?

I was reading an article and it said 1 medium potato is about the size of a computer mouse :D

the article is actually pretty interesting https://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35951&sc=3021 I had no idea potatoes were so healthy for you!

I know!

Stats for Orville: Per 7.5 cups popped (40g) - Calories: 150, Fat 1g, Fiber 7. So that equals: 2 points (oops! off by one!)

Stats for No Name: Per 1/4c (50g - or 5 1/2 cups popped) - Calories: 180, Fat 2, Fiber 7g. Points: 3

But its totally true with my other post. The Orville stuff pops lighter. I have an old plastic ice cream tub that I swap out for the metal bowl on the scale. 40g of the Orville is almost overflowing, whereas with the No Name there is still an inch or so of space left in the top of the tub.

I'm meticulous when it comes to getting the most for my points. Part of me would rather spend more and get more popcorn for less points. :haha:

Hi girls!!

Not counting points to day!!!

It was my last day working at this place and my mentor, he took my out for lunch to a chocolate cafe that makes homemade choccies and melted choc drinks!! :cloud9:

It was like heaven!!!

Got to sleep in today so didn't eat as much as I usually do when I have to get up early for work ;-)

Alpen Bar-1 Point
mixed nuts/berries-2 Points
Omelette(1.5P) and Sandwich(5.5P)-7 Points
WW Pizza-6 Points
soon to have a Skinny Cow Icecream or a 100kcal bag of 94% Fat Free Popcorn-1.5 Points
=17.5 Points :)

going out with a bunch of friends tomorrow night, I better have lots of soup for lunch to make up for the high calorie dinner I will be having

good luck for tomorrow Rainbow!! I do the same, try to eat low point breakfast and lunch when I know I'm going to be really bad for dinner :rofl:

I found a really great recipe for weight watchers friendly meatballs. I love the Zero Point Soup, but I find its lacking a little sumthin' sumthin'.

The recipe called for extra lean ground beef, but I subbed ground turkey instead.

1lb extra lean ground beef (or chicken, or turkey)
1 egg (I used egg creations, 3 tbsp and 2 tsp equals one egg)
1 cup quick oats
1 package dry onion soup mix.

Preheat oven to 350F
Mix all ingredients together. (I hand kneaded to make sure the onion soup mix was distributed evenly)
spoon out small balls, about 1 tbsp sized. (I used a Tbsp to measure) roll and place on baking sheet.

Bake for 15-20 mins, or until the inside is no longer pink.

2 meatballs = 1 W.W. Point

The point value is with using beef, and an actual egg. Not sure what it would be with the turkey and egg creations.

They really aren't that bad at all! The thing I love about ground turkey is that it takes on the flavour of whatever is being mixed with it, so it really tasted like the onion soup mix, which is really tasty! If you aren't an onion fan, you don't need to put the soup mix in.

Yum!

Ive started using Quorn as there is barely any points in it.

Katie and Mollie and even Shauny love the 'chicken' nuggets and the sausages are gorg.

How are we all today/tonight ladies.

V xxx

Tiff you can build that recipe on the recipe builder of the online thing and it should give you points per serving :thumbup: sounds pretty good!

AND I found WW cakes at Rabba of all places, it was in the frozen aisle with the McCains things. Going to look elsewhere for them, not sure what the price at Rabba was but they do generally run higher than other places

I don't even really know what quorn is? :blush:

doing good here, we went out for a walk with Hannah which was nice. And dinner is nice and simple tonight since it's just leftovers :rofl:

I tried using the recipe builder but it wasn't overly accurate. As per the package, 100g is 3 points (worked it out), I weighed 100g and that's 5 meatballs.

If I used the recipe builder, it averaged out to 2 meatballs being 3 points. :wacko: I think that's like what Natalie was saying, how they use 3 national brands and average it out. I think I'll go with a point per meatball. Better to aim high, right?

:haha:

hmm that's odd, when I've used it my points went higher than what I was looking at said they should be :dohh: :rofl:

and yeah if there are two points values I always try to go with the highest if I'm not certain :D

we're going to attempt to make an angel food log roll cake tonight

Ive started using Quorn as there is barely any points in it.

I've eaten so much Quorn since starting on WW...I rarely even have 'real' meat anymore, too high in points.
Only when I'm cooking for my GF and me will I use chicken...she's not really into quorn and with a BMI of 17 she doesn't need to lose any weight :wacko:

So Ive been really naughty two days in a row :blush: i need to get back on the horse so to speak Ive planned breakfast and lunch no idea about tea tho

Breakfast 2 ww toast with lowfat spread 2points
Lunch ww tuna mayo sandwhich 2 points
snacks ww bar 1 n half point and low fat crisps 2 points
so I wil have 14 points for rest of day and save 3 points :)

Good morning all,

I have a confession to make - I didn't start WW yesterday :dohh: there was still too many yummy foods in the house and hubby came home from a week away and wanted to take me out for a meal!

So I have started today, I'm allowed 21 points but going to try and stick to 18 points for now. I have company staying next week but once they have gone I'm going to go to the gym 3 times a week as well!

Will update later with how things are going :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"