The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Well, just got back from a walk! Little chilly out there, but I knew that I had to do it this morning, otherwise who knows how I'll feel when I get home from work! :rofl: We went for 32 minutes, duno how far we went though, really need to whip out the pedometer I got for Xmas.. But maybe if I feel up to it after work (get off at the same time Andrew should get home) we may take him out again!
I've been eating veggies and dip for my night time snack, and I think that's what saved me with my weigh in!

Hannah and I are going out later though usually we just end up at a playground :rofl: walking with her is ummm interesting because sometimes she's fast sometimes she's slow :rofl: a 30 minute walk sometimes can only equal two blocks

Claire is definitely not slow while walking! :haha: She runs more than anything else now, so I can at least walk normally or a tad faster of a pace to keep up with her.

:D

Hannah likes to stop and ask questions and unless you answer correctly you stand there until you figure out "what that" that's she's pointing to :rofl:

oh and she also flaps like a bird when she hears a bird tweeting now. :rofl: she can't walk fast and flap at the same time

:cloud9: OMG too adorable!!!!!! I'm not looking forward to the "What's That" and the "Why?" stage. :dohh:

:rofl:

:shock: I forgot there is a why stage coming :dohh: :rofl:

what that is annoying enough :rofl:

squidge been meaning to say how adorable your avatar is :cloud9: and yours as well Tiff :cloud9:

:hissy: Don't get me started on my avatar. :hissy: :rofl:

Could you take a look at my question in the Help area? Its driving me NUTS!!!!

I did look at it but have no idea, I'm not the most computer savvy person :blush: SC does generally go through the help area a few times a day though

Muffin recipes:

Basic Muffins (for Rainbow)

Makes 12 servings

ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fat-free milk
1 large egg
4 tsp unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400 F, spray muffin pan with nonstick spray

in large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine the milk, egg and butter. Pour over flour mixture, stirring until just blended (do no overmix)

spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes.

Berry Muffins:

add 3/4 fresh berries to the flour mixture (2 points per one muffin)

Sweet muffins:

substitute dark brown sugar or maple sugar for the granulated sugar (2 points per one muffin)

orange muffins:

mix 1/2 cup fat free milk 1/2 cup orange juice and 2 tsp grated orange zest instead of the 1 cup fat free milk the recipe calls for (2 points per 1 muffin)

lemon muffins:

mix 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp. fat-free milk, 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice and 2 tsp. lemon zest (use in place of the 1 cup fat free milk the recipe calls for) (2 points per 1 muffin)

Chocolate muffins:

use 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1.5 cups flour. Increase the sugar to 3 tbsp. add 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the liquid. Dust with 1 tsp. confectioners sugar when slightly cooled (2 points per 1 muffin)

there's also a jumbo bran muffin recipe if anyone is interested?

and the oven fries we did the other night (which were really good! :thumbup:)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
4 tsp. oil
1 tsp. paprika

preheat the oven to 450 F, spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray

In a large bowl combine the potatoes, 1/4 tsp. of the salt, and the sugar with cold water to cover. Soak 15 minutes, drain and blot dry.

In another large bowl toss the potatoes with the oil and paprika. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake turning the potatoes over as they brown, until cooked through and crisp, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt.

3 points per 1/4 of potatoes

Thanks for those :) Oh and those fries sound nice, I never soak them and they're usually not very tasty, wonder if that makes a difference then...will try it

I'm going to try Natalie's apple/carrot muffins tomorrow. Went shopping for it today which cost me an arm and a leg ;-) Forgot how expensive Splenda is over here...about $4 for a tiny box
then there was the milk powder for about $3[had I gone to a big supermarket I probably could have got that cheaper],
applesauce[the kids eat mostly fresh fruit],
carrots,
cinnamon[we just ran out]

hopefully they'll be nice, I really want a muffin now *haha*

I had my cheat dinner tonight, so went over my points today

porridge(3.5)
sandwich&egg(6)
carrot cake(1)
Pizza(9)
icecream(3)
=22.5, 2.5 Points over which I intend to make up for over the weekend

Apparently soaking the fries helps them to cook better :thumbup: I read it in the book and also saw it on food network one day. :D it's a good sized portion of fries per person!

Sweet potatoes are fantastic for fries as well. I couldn't believe the amount of fries we had for only 2 points!

We were at Metro today (normally don't go as its on the far side of the city from us) and I saw those bodywise tortillias that Nat was talking about. Grabbed them, stoked for being able to have breakfast burritos! I love my oatmeal but I need variety. :haha:

Also tried the SmartOnes Pizza. Pretty tasty! :thumbup:

Walmart sells them to, well the Supercentre near us does at least

Nice! I don't mind their meals actually. They do a half decent roasted potatos/carrots and turkey slices and its only 4 points! Super filling too. :munch:

Yup!

They're pretty tasty! :D Not as good as home cooked mind you, but still good!

Hello everyone,
I am properly back now, company gone and house put back in place (amazing how much mess 2 extra people can make).

I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5lb so please with that as it is :witch: week as well.

Just went to go on my Wii, my fitness couch for 30 minutes of exercise but have forgotten the PIN so can't use it - must be a sign lol (does make me ashamed as it shows how long it was since I was last on it though, and I really don't have a clue what the pin is so don't know what to do with it!).

Going to go on the Wii fit instead and do some step with watching jermery kyle, hoping that may pass the time quicker!

DH goes away on sunday for 5 days so hoping that this week I can be extra good and not have the temptations in the way (my hubby is as thin as a rake but can eat a whole cake shop). This is going to be a good week!

:hugs: Ald :hugs: Great for losing even with the :witch: being here!

:happydance: Ald well done on the loss!!

Stan is pretty skinny as well (though he did have a bit to lose) but can eat anything and hardly gain :dohh: luckily he's pretty happy doing WW with me and eating the same foods otherwise I don't know how I'd manage it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->