The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Thank you :hugs:

This morning I received my weight watchers cookbooks one is for meals and the other is cookies and cakes :happydance: So this afternoon I decided to cook some of the cookies, it said you make 12 for .5 point each, now I really wasnt expecting alot but I have just made the dough (currently in the fridge) and it is such a small ball of dough that I am suppose to get 12 cookies out of - they are going to be sooooooo small lol! (so not really a healthier receipe just smaller cakes lol). Will let you know how they turn out when I cook them later.

ald, which book did you get? I'm in a baking mood at the moment ;-)

I tried the apple carrot muffins today Natalie posted for me and I think I have some tweaking to do.
It was a bit difficult as we don't have cup meassurements here, so I googled and found out that 1 cup=240ml
I used a baby bottle to meassure everything but the muffins are a bit soggy, so think the dough needs to be less 'wet', maybe adjust the amount of flour or applesauce...I'll keep experimenting.
Also think I need to buy some muffin cases, though I just read natalie's comment that they stick to the muffins...hmmm what to do? My muffin tray isn't 'non stick' :(
Also they only made 8 muffins(recipe says 12) and when I pointed them out using all ingredients, the mix came to 16 Points, making them 2 Points each...
I may have 'tried' 2 already *ha*:blush:

Yesterday was weigh-in day followed by cheat day, I still pointed everything and went over by 12 thanks to WW carrot cakes and pizza...I really have to stop buying the carrot cakes as I can't stop eating them, maybe because they're not individually wrapped, because they're not that nice.

Today I've had 10 Points already, so will try and have a very low point quorn dinner with roasted veggies again.

Rainbow I should send you some measuring cups!

When I make muffins I spray the pan with a nonstick spray

Meant to say that they are tasty ;-)
Don't think we have non stick spray here, just the '1kcal' spray but it's a pump spray so doesn't work that well...
Oh and I got the points for flour wrong, so only 1.5 Points each :)

All this talk of muffins is making me want to bake something :haha:

WI for me today, and i STS. I know it's not good but I have gone off track the last few days (and no WI last week ) and my scales were showing a 1.5 gain so I am really pleased to STS

Hope you are all ok xx

Well done Ald & Pinky :hugs:

I've been awful these past 2 days. It's been grab what and when i can, my brother was made to go into hospital yesterday morning so i ended up looking after his 6yr old daughter aswell as madison :lol: Hard work i tell ya :rofl:

So anyway, after eating mcdonalds, shop bought sandwich and fish & chips (that's all i've had in 2 days!!), i'm back on the wagon tomorrow now he's been allowed home. I'm going to do a menu for rest of the week and hopefully manage to claw some points back by weigh in on Wednesday!

:dohh: what a performance...:dohh:

I am looking forward to my lamb hotpoint with yorkshire puddings tonight though! Atleast that's something healthy :dohh:

Well I had an okay day so far, not exactly my healthiest but it's no fun to eat your 5-a-day everyday, right *ha*[though after writing what I ate, it appears I may have actually ate 5 servings of fruit/veg today]

porridge(3.5)
veg soup & crumpet(2.5)
3 muffins*sigh*(4.5)
quorn, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, butternut squash(5)
applejuice(1)
=16.5 so far, but I'm still quite hungry so might not be able to claw back many of yesterday's points :(

(edit) okay, add to that 2 Weight Watchers chocolates giving me a total of 19.5...saving half a point *haha*

Well done pinky :hugs:

:hugs: Rainbow

not much to report here, I had a naughty taco bell burrito for lunch :rofl: but dinner is going to be somewhat low in points so I don't think I'll go over for the day

Well done Ald and Pinky!

Rainbow - I used the muffin cups the first tme, and yep - they stuck and I lost half my muffin with the freaking paper sticking! :( But I just use PAM spray, or any equivalent would work, and it makes a huge difference. They are quite moist, but I love them! Maybe they will be different for you with the point system over there?? Have you tried google for some UK recipes?

Oh! MY day! LOL! Forgot about that after my last post!

Yesterday I was a good girl - bang on 25 points!

Today...
Breakfast - 2 slices WW bread, 1 tsp blue menu jam, 1c strawberries, milk in coffee = 3pts
Lunch - 1c Progresso Veg soup, can tom/onion tuna, 4 slices melba toast = 3pts
Snack - Granola Bar = 2pts
Dinner - jesus - just calculated it out on the site... My dinner was 17 points!! OUCH!! I had a slice of the Cheesy Bites pizza, and 3 breadsticks from Pizza Hut! We thought 12, WRONG! Oops! NEver doing that again! LOL.
Snack during our movie - veg and dip = 0pts.

So I'm bang on again! That was close !LOL

I'm back on it today. Had breakfast so it's going well so far...:haha:

How's everyone doing?

:hi: Morning all, bit of a rush for me today as I'm about to head out to meet Natalie at the Science Centre :wohoo: I hope you all have a great day :D

2 pounds for me this week :)

Yay Vickie! I knew you'd be able to do it! :wohoo:

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired, and back on the bandwagon today. Our budget is pretty tight for the next two weeks, not sure how I'm going to be able to eat healthy and have our heads stay above water. :nope:

Has anyone noticed that its crazy expensive to eat healthy? Like, I could buy a bunch of those pre-packaged meals, at like 15 points each and only spend $8, or I could buy all the ingredients to make decent healthy foods and spend closer to $50.

:shock: Its nuts!

Very frustrated at the moment.

I'm finding I hate this diet more and more each week. Mainly because I never get to spend my Flex Points on what I want to. My biggest cravings haven't been for Taco Bell, McDonalds or a big home cooked meal. I've been wanting chips, popcorn the way I like it, cookies... etc. THOSE are the things that I want to snack on as I'm a crazy snacky person.

However, each week there has been some obligation where I've had to save the majority of my flex points for. The first week was my brother insisting that he buy take out Thai. The next was my belated birthday dinner with P's parents. After that was the dinner with our friend (who went out of her way to cook lowfat, but it was still at least an 18 point meal when it was all said and done). So by the time the dinners are over, I've got maybe 20 flex points left to spread over my days. It may seem like a lot, but it really isn't.

Then I get people like my Mom who hassle me about not going out for dinner. She argued with me for 20 MINUTES about how I wasn't going to stay out for dinner. She wasn't cooking anything WW friendly, which is fine I don't expect her to... but she got seriously annoyed because I wouldn't stay. She bugged and bugged and then got irritated with me because I could stay and eat "potatoes and squash". :dohh: Why would I spend 6 points on Potatoes and Squash when I could go home and have a huge salad, a sandwich and a skinny cow for dessert for 4 points? :shrug:

I'm getting sick and tired of having to do things out of obligation for other people. WTF does it matter if we go for dinner or not? Can't we just have a visit in the afternoon and then go home? Like seriously, for all the people who are happy for us and apparently want to support us in doing this... they get super snarky when it interferes with their plans. Then they have the nerve to turn around and say that we're being selfish?

:hissy:

Argh. Maybe I'm PMSing? All I know is that this whole thing is making me very upset. :cry:

went into farmfoods today they have 2 weight watchers meals for £1 and the ww chips for £1 :D
xxx

Hugs for Tyff:hugs:

I had a good day today, went out shopping because I don't have many clothes that fit me anymore :) So that was good.
I bought a dress purely because it fit me in a Size 14(which is a US 12!), hopefully I'll lose a few more pounds but it already looks good on me, can't believe I'm actually saying that about myself :happydance:

Have been quite snack-y today so hopefully stayed within my points

porridge(4)
muffin(1.5)
sandwich(4.5)
granola(1.5)
quorn with rice(4.5)
light butterkist popcorn(2.5)
=18.5
Had hoped to have 3 Points left for some icecream but will have to find a different snack for later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->