The World's Strictest Parents

Adela Quested

Reaction score
Anyone watch this?

I started watching as a guilty pleasure but now I actually think it's a pretty good show!

My parents were very strict in terms of what behaviour was expected of us (eg help around the house, come home when you're told to come home) so I identify more with the kids of the 'strictest parents' than with the 'bad' kids. But it has certainly reinforced my idea that having firm rules in place for our LO is the way to go.

This week's show was set in Holland (where I live) and I hope I can bring up my LO in the same way as the Dutch kids in the show - drink in moderation from 16 on (the legal age here) if he wants to drink, no pot until he's 18 and then rarely or never (it's legal here for over 18s, as most people know), respect other people and in turn expect that they will respect you. MY OH and his brothers are Dutch and were brought up this way and they are all lovely men.

Most of you will live in countries where the drinking age is higher and marijuana is not legal, so obviously you will have different ideas on those things.

Hope I'm not opening a can of worms but I wondered what others thought of the show. Hopefully we can keep it civil even if we all have different opinions! :flower:

I didn't see the programme, but I agree with having rules in place. Expecting children to come home when they are told is for safety as much as anything else.

I think I'll start giving small chores to my LO once he starts getting pocket money, as I think this teaches them responsibility and value of money.

I think it is a very interesting show that shows our kids basically how easy they have it!!

The other week when the kids went to Kenya, well that was the daughter if my sister neighbour who o used to work in a pub with lol x

i watched that one in holland and all the other one's. one of them with pissed and the other was stoned. every teenager on there are stupid idiots but at the end i guess they learn their lesson. if they stick to doing as there told i don't know.

I watch it! They always seem to actually change as people by the end of it too :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->