The Wright Stuff

:saywhat:

The blokes a bit of a nob anyway :lol:

Didnt Ian Wright present it once upon a time?

Would there be any way of the BnB administrators complaining on behalf of the community as a whole? They might take that a bit more seriously....

Hmmm i doubt it Kit, im not really sure there is a way to go about it tbh, youd be best pm'ing Wobbles or Stircrazy as they'd be the ones to do it hun

It was alright when Ian Wright presented it years ago, hence the "Wright" but really this guy is a nob, theres no other word that "fits"

Ugh Mathhew Wright is an idiot! Hes always got an opinion on everything!! Good on you guys for complaining!! If I had seen a breastfeeding councellor maybe I wouldnt have struggled so much and gave up!

Its not as if his job is particularly hard is it?!!

I generally watch Wright Stuff and find it can be quite funny and does deal with some serious stuff as well as light hearted stuff. Sometimes Matthew Wright gets arsey and is quite rude to the callers if they hold militant views, or if they don't agree with him on some issues and he cut one guy off this morning because he was too dull but generally it adds to the show.

I missed most of the part on breastfeeding as Abby was having a day, but I caught snippets of it, especially the part where he felt he would like to have the job of a breastfeeding consultant. One of the panel, Steve Furst was trying to have a decent, mature conversation about it and had some useful comments, but Wright (and lets not forget this is a man who refers to people with children as "breeders") kept dragging the conversation back to schoolboy level. On most issues that sort of thing doesn't bother me but on something such as breastfeeding, it did wind me up. I was surprised Gail Porter didn't come to more of a defence about it.

However, I would say, anyone who is going to be put off breastfeeding because of comments by this guy isn't that committed to it in the first place. His obvious contempt for parents would surely lead them to ignore any other thing he had to say about it.

I am going to make a complaint though. I did find the piece quite badly handled and as has been said, we should be trying to encourage women to do it.

I was surprised Gail Porter didn't come to more of a defence about it.
Because she's a fool? sorry but I really can't stand her....or Lawrie Turner! God she gets my goat!!!

I think Mathew Wright is a fool, he talks some right rubbish and generally doesn't know his head from his arse. I will however be complaining as I think it's an awful think to take the mick out of

I'll try and watch it tomorrow. I don't feel that i can complain without seeing it first. Does anyone remember how far into the show it was?

i can't work the five website but...

https://www.youtube.com/show?p=fzD5gAecqdM&feature=fvsp

I'll try and watch it tomorrow. I don't feel that i can complain without seeing it first. Does anyone remember how far into the show it was?

i can't work the five website but...

https://www.youtube.com/show?p=fzD5gAecqdM&feature=fvsp

It was their second talking point I think. It was around about 10 it was on.

Because she's a fool? sorry but I really can't stand her....or Lawrie Turner! God she gets my goat!!!
Yeah I'm not a fan of Lowry either, but I do have a bit of respect for Gail Porter, she's been through a pretty tough time with depression and post natal depression and to lose her hair to alopecia like that but to carry on with her presenting career without the wigs and stuff, she's got some guts I think.

She does have some interesting views on stuff, especially when it comes to children. She is far too cheery all the time though.

I watch TWS most days for a laugh and I caught some of the bf talk but I just ignore him tbh. I laugh at other stuff he says which the target group probably wouldn't find funny so I figure I can't be offended when he does it to a group I belong to.

I watch TWS most days for a laugh and I caught some of the bf talk but I just ignore him tbh. I laugh at other stuff he says which the target group probably wouldn't find funny so I figure I can't be offended when he does it to a group I belong to.
I think this is the problem I had with it. He generally doesn't have a go at that many "target group" There are "the breeders" of course, but apart from that, who does he really have the same kind of go at? Bankers or MPs maybe. I usually get the feeling he is choosing his words carefully so as not to have a go when he really wants to. But if he does target a group it is usually because they have done something to warrant the debate about it.

I guess, I just meant about other people. Like he's very weird about the military sometimes, and he's anti-students etc. I think it was just a silly throw away comment that got out of hand but I did feel it was unnecessary and I don't see what's amusing about a bf counsellor! I wish I'd paid more attention but ironically I was bf'ing at the time ;)

I guess, I just meant about other people. Like he's very weird about the military sometimes, and he's anti-students etc. I think it was just a silly throw away comment that got out of hand but I did feel it was unnecessary and I don't see what's amusing about a bf counsellor! I wish I'd paid more attention but ironically I was bf'ing at the time ;)

Yeah I suppose he does have a go at students. But then, so does everyone :haha:

I do get the point you made about not wanting to be a hypocrit though, I'm kind of the same. And also of the "you can always turn it off" school of thought. This did irk though and I only heard parts of it!

Love the irony of you feeding at the time!:happydance:

i've always found him irritating and juvenile, so it doesn't' surprise me.

I don't think he was a footballer. That's Ian Wright. Just watched it. Not offended at all. He's trying to make it lighthearted. He appears to be scared like a little boy. All the others had good comments. So overall positive for BF and fathers. Watch from 49mins for ten mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xxWsILaC7U

Gail Porter- ive never heard of such a thing. What are you really a bloke? I complained before i watched now that ive watched i want to spit on him! what a tosser and Gail Porter well shes just dumb and they need to replace her with someone who has brain cells.

I noticed him slating mumsnet half way into todays so I take it they complained? I know he had complaints off them before about stuff but I missed the beginning of todays so don't know if they complained about this, seemed a bit coincidental that he mentioned them.

Mumsnet had a thread on it so they may well have complained. I haven't had a response to my email - anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->