The Wright Stuff

Kit

Reaction score
Did anyone in the UK see the Wright Stuff today? I don't usually watch it but it happened to be on as I was getting ready to go out and there was a phone-in about men and babies. A very sensible sounding man was on the phone talking about how his wife had difficulties breastfeeding and had to go to a breastfeeding consultant. The host (don't know his name - somebody Wright I assume!) and the guests pretty much fell about the place laughing and saying how they had never heard of such a thing and the host said it was a job he would like or something along those lines. I was fairly taken-aback. There were also audience members laughing and shaking their heads. The general gist of the conversation was that this was a ridiculous idea. I thought most people would realise by now that breastfeeding is something to be encouraged and that it is not a particularly easy thing to do. I saw a breastfeeding counsellor and still didn't manage to breastfeed exclusively for more than a week or so - is the idea of someone helping women like me really something to be joked about on what I thought was a serious TV show?

I heard about it. Something about how hard can it be all you have to remember is left and right and he wishes he was given the option of such an easy job on career day. Disgusting!

Unfortunately if you've never experienced something you can never fully understand it x

I would be pissed off too if I had seen it. Hopefully there will be loads of complaints. I found this email address if you wish to do so [email protected] . What a toss pot. x

Omg thats terrible...i didnt BF but i totally respect people that do, and its not a laughing matter if people need counselling or to see a consultant it should be encouraged!

That's awful, I can't believe they found it funny! I wish I had seen a breastfeeding consultant when I had my son. I didn't realise struggling to breastfeed was such a joke!

It's not a serious TV show IMHO.
I agree with you all - but I'm not surprised.
The man makes a show of guffawing at every other issue/person in existance.

I have complained too (even though I didn't see it :blush:) I'm in that sort of mood...

I have complained - for the first time in my life! I thought it was a serious show - I have only ever seen short snippets while channel hopping. I have sent an email pointing out that if Matthew Wright (I know his name now!) had ever tried to lactate he might have a better appreciation of how difficult it is!
Thanks Toria - I knew there was a particularly flippant comment but I couldn't remember what it was - it was the left and right joke. Now I can fume properly!
I am glad I didn't overeact - I thought I might have taken some of the comments out of context as I was dashing around getting ready while it was on.

I have complained too (even though I didn't see it :blush:) I'm in that sort of mood...

I hope you told them that you didn't see it - hopefully they will be worried if they think that people who didn't even see the program already know about it and have taken offence. Maybe we can turn him into a Jonathon Ross/Russel Brand type pariah!

I'm not going to put what I said in here I don't want to upset anyone but I got angry :lol:

I hope you told them that you didn't see it - hopefully they will be worried if they think that people who didn't even see the program already know about it and have taken offence. Maybe we can turn him into a Jonathon Ross/Russel Brand type pariah!

ha.. I just said I'd heard about the hosts pathetic and juvenile attitude towards the difficulties that some people find whilst breast feeding and that lactation consulants are extremely common and anyone with half a brain would know that!

I always watch the wright stuff.
I did see it this morning, but its a running joke with matthew that he doesnt really like babies. He got someone to thank him yesterday morning for the tax he's paid for the £250 child trust fund voucher that her baby got ( the phone in was about whether you buy newborns/babies xmas presents).
I can see how it would of offended, but i dont really take it seriously.

I've seen a couple of the shows before, and each one of them I could have complained about. They seem to just base the show on being offensive and controversial to get a reaction.

Whether he likes babies or not he should think before he speaks. How many women that are depressed and struggling have watched that this morning, having not watched it before, and have felt like giving up because they're failing at something "easy?"

I saw it this morning, and was quite offended.

Im BF my daughter, and am having a few problems with it at the moment, with regards to her latching on, it hurts like hell, id like to see him put up with that kind of pain! lol

Its quite upsetting struggling to do something as simple as feeding your child, and i dont feel women should be laughed at for it.

Silly man.

:saywhat:

The blokes a bit of a nob anyway :lol:

Didnt Ian Wright present it once upon a time?

Whether he likes babies or not he should think before he speaks. How many women that are depressed and struggling have watched that this morning, having not watched it before, and have felt like giving up because they're failing at something "easy?"

I do agree, he did take it too far this morning. I know how much my sister struggled with breast feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->