The Year The World Ends....

The calander had to end somewhere they couldnt be expected to chisle every date till the end of eternity after all.
considering this calander was made about 3 thousand years ago they probably thought sod it thats enough for now we will make anouther one with the next few thousand years once this one runs out assuming their race would still be around.
Lets face it this is a race of people that played a game of basketball wher the losers where sacraficed.
Mind you their stone astronaut is pretty impressive

:rofl:

Sounds about right?!?? I mean, would YOU get the calender organised more than 3,000 years in advance?

I'm half and half...its supposed to be on the 21st December right? All I know that on that date, I'll be with my family so if something does happen, I'm right there with them :smug:

I'm working that day!I don't want to die surrounded by stamps!Noooo

Do we buy Xmas or not lol. Could u imagine spending loads only to die a few days before it.

I really don't think anything will happen, but as a mum, the thought of it scares the HELL out of me. I cannot help but think "what if".

I really don't think anything will happen, but as a mum, the thought of it scares the HELL out of me. I cannot help but think "what if".

Oh I have a really morbid interest in all things apocalypse related (nerd) and pre-Ivy I thought it would be kind of cool to see "the end" but now the thought completely terrifies me and makes me almost cry on the spot!

Also you are the World War Z fan right? I have almost finished a book called 'The Passage' which is fairly similar but with vampires and it is fucking incredible, highly recommended!

I agree does the same to me, I keep thinking they have said it loads that they might get it right

Oh I have a really morbid interest in all things apocalypse related (nerd) and pre-Ivy I thought it would be kind of cool to see "the end" but now the thought completely terrifies me and makes me almost cry on the spot!

Also you are the World War Z fan right? I have almost finished a book called 'The Passage' which is fairly similar but with vampires and it is fucking incredible, highly recommended!

I most certainly am!! FREAKING LOVE THAT BOOK! And I will download that book u recommended to my kindle IMMEDIATELY! :thumbup:

Lou- Have you seen the programme about 1983, its bloody scary how close we came. I think its not IF nuclear war will happen but WHEN and I feel certain on that.

wow Midnight fairy i just looked that up! thats a bit scary, all down to one bloke good job he saw the mistake!! x

Lou- Have you seen the programme about 1983, its bloody scary how close we came. I think its not IF nuclear war will happen but WHEN and I feel certain on that.

No, but I watched a documentary called Countdown to Zero last week which scared the crap out of me as it appears that there have been several incidents of us coming close to nuclear war by accident! What was the programme called?

1983 apocalypse It was on Nat Geographic (I think)

Countdown to Zero is amazing!

Oh yeah it is such a good documentary, but very scary! I cannot believe how easily we could accidently go into nuclear war. Threads is still the most disturbing nuclear-war related thing I have ever seen though.

Have you guys watched the 2012 film? Funniest thing I've ever seen, especially when they helicopter in the giraffes :rofl: Was wetting myself laughing. It was only after watching it that I found out it was meant to be a serious film!

I have not seen 2012, I am more interested in documentation based on fact :)

The Mayan calendar thing, I really don't think there's any weight to that theory. Obviously they were only human and they had to have got bored and stopped at some point right?? They couldn't just continue to write this calendar indefinitely?

I'm a bit worried as this end of the world thing seems to have gone global i.e everyone's aware of it, and there have been some well f**cked up things that have happened the last year or so xx

Would we not be aware of somethign happening by now if it was going to (e.g. Server change in temperatures etc)....

The thought of it really scares me, 2012 is supposed to be the best year yet for us :( but yet i cant help feeling nothing will happen :shrug:

What if nothing does happen on said date (sometime in december?) are we just supposed to be scared of it happening anytime from then ?

x x

Religions really shouldn't put deadlines on these things - it just makes it awkward when it doesn't come true. Still - they can always change the date again

The world is not going to end any time soon!

The Mayan calendar thing, I really don't think there's any weight to that theory. Obviously they were only human and they had to have got bored and stopped at some point right?? They couldn't just continue to write this calendar indefinitely?

I'm a bit worried as this end of the world thing seems to have gone global i.e everyone's aware of it, and there have been some well f**cked up things that have happened the last year or so xx

The calendar they made was round. It didn't have every date in history on it, it was more of a tool to predict the constellations, moon phase etc of any date in the future by using it but it didn't have each day written on it. The date of the "end" of the calendar was written separately and specifically. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->