"There is hope" - My PCOS success story!

pola17

Reaction score
Hey girls,

Just wanted to share quickly my success story.
I was diagnosed with PCOS back in early 2009. Back then, I had recently moved with my back then boyfriend, now DH. This was diagnosed in my annual control checl with my OB/GYN.
I didn´t have any signs of PCOS: skinny girl, with not so irregular cycles, not so painful AF, no extra hair, no nothing that could ever make me suspect. We realized this in a scan I got, when I told my OB/GYN that on my last cycle I had a blood clot in my period.
Back then, we didn´t want to start TTC yet. However, in november 2009, DH proposed, and I wanted to be a bride with a huge baby bump, so we started TTC. My OB/GYN said the only consequences of PCOS would be having irregular cycles, and sometimes painful, but that was it. She never told me the truth,

So, we realized we couldn´t conceive, but time passed. We married in August 2010, and by the time we got married, we were very actively TTC with no success.
I changed of OB/GYN, and this new one explained me everything. He ordered a few exams.... blood tests, we checked my hormones, had scans....
We discovered I ovulate each month. But always on different Cycle days.

He said that if by june 2012 we could not conceive naturally, we could try clomid. As we couldn´t conceive, by august I started 50mgs of clomid on CD5-9, but still, no success.

By october 31st a new cycle started, and ignoring my OB/GYN´s suggestion ( :haha: ) I moved my clomid days to CD2-6.
DH and I :sex: on CD10-13, I didn´t feel like pushing him as we were too stressed, I went through severe depression, we had therapy, and we started feeling sex was an obligation.
So for the first time in years I took it easy.. we had sex for fun, and didn´t get angry at him when he said he had enough for the month! :haha:

On november 28, I took a HPT and BFN! :dohh: again on november 29 and also BFN! So I thought I was out!

As my cycles got irregular since I got depressed (probably because I was thinking too much about it!), so I didn´t pay much attention.
On december 2nd, we visited a few friends and I couldn´t concentrate, as I was feeling too sleepy, and I was feeling like eating the most greasy pizza in the world.
I asked DH to buy me abother HPT, and as he felt alerted of buying too many HPT´s in onen cycle, he said that was going to be the last one.

We got home, and I couldn´t wait until next day! ( :blush: ) it was 7pm, and as soon my pee touched the HPT, I got a BFP!! It turns out my baby implanted late!

So, I just wanted to share my story to let you know everything can be possible. It annoyed me whenever people would tell me that when I´ll relax it will happen, but whether I like to accept this or not, it did help a lot!
Also, starting clomid days earlier HELPED ME A LOT!

I wish all of you the best! I know how you feel! I´ve been there! More than 2 years TTC is very depressing!

I´m now 27 weeks and expecting a baby boy!!

Baby dust to all of you! :flower:

Hi prayinglady! Don't lose hope! :hugs: it's a tough road, but once you get there, is very gratifying!

Good luck! :hugs:

Oh don't cry! :hugs:

What does your OB/GYN says?

Blood works all cleared.

HSG ~ ALL CLEARED. Super fast super nice (word the doc said about my tubes)

Hubby was suppose to go do SA but he never went..

This was since February.

Unexplained infertility.. (he don't know why, probably just timing with me)

Put me on metformin and clomid... Ive done one cycle of clomid planning on doing another if this cycle is a bust. and Im on metformin since feb.

Thank you for sharing your story! I love reading these especially any PCOS/clomid stories, as i am going through the same thing. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! :)

Blood works all cleared.

HSG ~ ALL CLEARED. Super fast super nice (word the doc said about my tubes)

Hubby was suppose to go do SA but he never went..

This was since February.

Unexplained infertility.. (he don't know why, probably just timing with me)

Put me on metformin and clomid... Ive done one cycle of clomid planning on doing another if this cycle is a bust. and Im on metformin since feb.

Do you any changes while taking clomid? Like strong ovulation pains? Are they doing a follow up to see if it works or if they have to increase the mg's? :hugs:

Thank you for sharing your story! I love reading these especially any PCOS/clomid stories, as i am going through the same thing. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! :)

Thank you! :hugs: baby dust for you!!

Thanks for the story! I just got to know I have PCOS, FSH helps maturing the eggs but my LH is abnormal which means the eggs aren't necessarily released. Even though I have been charting and have clear ovulation shifts on my charts. My doctor said that's a very old method and my blood work says I am most probably not ovulating. But we aren't trying for another 3-4 months as hubby needs some time :( But when I do your story will give me hope, thank you.

hey mmcrv! WTTC feels like forever, uh?

What´s important is that PCOS has been diagnosed, and you can keep an eye on how things go once you start TTC! If you see it´s taking some time, there´s metformin and clomid!

I actually tried metformin first, but the side effects were too harsh on me! I almost fainted a couple of times, but with clomid I had strong ovulation pains, and would get really nice EWCM.

Now that I think about it, I think my case was similar to yours... I never really knew 100% of all times I was ovulating... according to charts, yes, but as my insurance won´t cover fertility treatments, and DH and I get along very well with my OB/GYN he gave me an order for a scan once I was taking clomid, so they wouldn´t suspect I was doing a fertility follow up! So he saved that scan with the excuse to check why I was having painful menstrual cramps.

If your OB/GYN can give you scans to see how your ovulation works, he can tell you what to do without waiting for so long... I´ve met so many girls with PCOS who conceived with no medication, and didn´t have to wait so long to conceive, so anything is possible! A positive mind always helps, tho! :thumbup:

Good luck!!!

I think our case is similar too because I had no obvious signs either - I am quite the skinny girl, no extra hair or acne anywhere, fairly regular 27-32 days period (never missed a cycle), and no extreme pain while AF is here, and also good EWCM or so I think.

I am glad that I have been diagnosed and I won't waste any time unnecessarily (hopefully). my doctor asked me to try for two months when I do start trying and if nothing happens to go back to her for medication (metformin/clomid). I think I like my doctor, she is quite aggressive.

And yeah tell me about it - it is so hard to wait but I understand that we need to wait a couple of months. I day dream about the time when I will finally get to try and get a BFP haha!

Thank you so much for all the positivity :) You made me smile. Wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy - 27 weeks - woohoo more than halfway there!

Yes, I'm due in less than 3 months! :wacko:

I like your dr too! So many girls here won't get prescribed something until they reach the year TTC with no success!!! :dohh:

BTW EWCM is always good news. Now, I realized we might ovulate earlier or later and sometimes when you see you're getting EWCM can be pretty late. The month I conceived, as we had sex just for fun, we had sex days before ovulation was due, so my boy catched that egg! :haha:

Thanks for that bit of tip too! How did you monitor ovulation? Did you use OPK's? My doc suggested I use OPK's so I'll get some soon. I was wondering from where to start - for the last 6/7 months that I charted my temps, I had temp shifts (ovulation or not) from CD 12 to CD 17 so maybe I should start using OPK's from CD 10 and wait till I get the positive.

Sooo yours going to be an August baby! Can't imagine the excitement going on as days are passing by :)

Yeah, we're excited! In August we'll celebrate our third anniversary as well!!!

I didn't use OPK's because I'm in Ecuador and they're too expensive, so I opened an account on fertility friend and charted by taking my temp every morning! :thumbup:

very inspiring story! thanks for sharing, gives all us PCOSers hope!!!

Aww that is great to have your anniversary and baby on the same month!!

I do charts on FF and it shows I ovulate but my doc said it probably isn't a good indicator for me and so I should use OPKs.

OMG your story reminds me of us! thanks for sharing im hoping im as lucky as you! congrats sweetie! any names picked out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->