they all said this would be quick...

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in tears, I just need to write, I just need to get out my sadness so please bear with me. You don't not need to feel obligated to leave a comment or even read my whole post, I just need to write this all down.

All my friends would call me fertile mytrle because my daughter was a surprise and before that I had 2 miscarriages all within 5 months. When I said Matt and I were going to try for number 2 they took bets on how quickly it would happen. I bought my ovulations tests, pin pointed all the right days and then waited, took a test and saw no line. I told myself its okay, breath, it doesn't always happen first go, but that dumb voice in my head was there to say "yeah but it always has in the past".

Second month I knew this was it, I could feel it. I took all my ovulation tests got all my days covered and waited. Ik knew that my in laws were leaving in October so how wonderful would it be to get pregnant in august and tell them as a going away present, well that's perfect! I searched and found the perfect card, funny yet beautiful. I shoved it in my sock drawer until I needed it. My period came right on time. Sadness now turns into worry.

Month 3 im a little less ambitious and cheerful this time. I tell Matt I'm worried and think a doctor visit is in order. Ovulation approaches and again we hit all our days. Doctor also gives me an ultrasound, results come back normal, hallelujah. I get a boost of positivity this is so wonderful, thanks giving will be so much better knowing I've got a little baby growing in my tummy. I'm itching to do a test, I've got 5 to use, why not? I've been looking at positive ones all day so I can get some positive mental attitude. I get home, give my baby girl a kiss and run to the bathroom to pee on a stick. I sit there and count, the longest 3 minutes... I reach over with my eyes closed and grab the test, put it right near my eyes and open them. I see just one line. A very lonely single pink line. I feel the tears burning my eyes. I walk over to my dresser and pull out the going away card that I've already written on and rip it in half and throw it away. This is too Much to bear, too much of an emotional horror ride. Now I'm trying to say to myself how dare you be so selfish, you have a beautiful baby and your going onto month four of trying to concieve, buck up. But then there is a part that says my family is incomplete but I can't go through this anymore, no more heartache, no more tears. I give up on my trying to conceive baby number two journey.

Thank you for those who could stick through that story. Thank you for listing and letting me put my thoughts into words. Xo

Im sorry you are going through that but I have to say that 4 months is not thar long in the ttc world, there are women that try for ages. I am not discounting your fears or feelings of hurt I just saying you shouldn't give up so easily

I'm sorry about out your struggles. I've been trying to conceive for 1 year and a half so you still have time! My sis in law took 11 months to conceive. Be patient. It will happen. :)

I'm really sorry. My heart aches for you, and I feel so much empathy for what you are going through as I know how it is to long so much for a baby. I agree that 4 months isn't terribly long, though, so keep you chin up!

Hang in there dear. It's not as bad as it seems, I promise. It sucks right now. It hurts a lot too but just keep going and you'll get there :)

i understand how u feel me and my partner are trying for our first baby with no luck and its been 15 months.i tryed 50g of clomid with no luck and now i am on Letrozole to try and help.my partner has a normal sperm count,its me that's the problem i have pcso an don't ovulate.

i feel like giving up every month.

I fell preg with #1 3 weeks after stopping the pill but it ended in mc, then conceived DS 3 months later again 1st cycle trying. Weve now started TTC #2 and my cycle seems a bit of a mess this month since stopping the pill.... 4 years on I have a feeling it wont be as simple and the pressure is greater as ive conceived quickly twice before. Good Luck, think positive and happy bedding ;0)

Thank you everyone, I feel better now that's I've had a good sleep.

Im not going to try next month might use opk but that's it.

I'm sorry some of you have been trying for so long, I wish that no one had to ever go through that. Almost if there was a magic button to push

:hugs: Positive thoughts hun. I fell pregnant straight away after coming off the pill with my first but this time it appears to be taking longer, we're onto our 7th month.

oh hunny....sometimes I feel exactly how you are feeling. We get our hopes up too high and start planning everything out - from due dates, to how far along we will be when...I promised myself this next cycle that I will try not to think about any of that. Try not to think at all.

Easier said than done. Last cycle I just "knew" I was. I planned how we will announce it, that Christmas would be the perfect time for a gender reveal, and even picked out a "big sister" shirt for my daughter. It was all perfect in my head.

You are not alone. Far from it. There are many of us out there that feel the same way. And I think TTC #2 is even harder. You figure you can just do exactly what you did the first time and will get it right away. Not the case for most people. Some get lucky...

Hang in there hun! xoxo

I feel your pain :( we're ttc number 3. Number 1 was an opps, after only knowing my OH for 1 week!! Then ttc number 2, conceived after 2 months, unfortunately had a miscarriage, 2 months later, pregnant with my 2nd son. Then had another opps, after having only one period after my son was born (he was 11 months) another miscarriage. Now we are going onto cycle 11 ntnp :( and cycle 4 ttc!!!! and every month just gets harder.:cry:

I understand completely. My first was the product of exactly one oopsie, we weren't trying, he was unplanned. We are now coming to the end of month 5 TTC number 2 and I am finding it really hard to deal with that it hasn't happened quickly again. I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong... Lots of hugs, you're not alone.

Awe thank you all. You give me hope, and I don't feel so alone. I cried myself to sleep last night but woke up with a hug from dh and my daughter which honestly is the best gift. I hope we all get our bfps we so deserve them. Lots of love to you all

Give it some more time heaven, im sure it will happen for you

:hugs: DD took over a year to conceive and this baby took 11 months nearly. Don't give up!

I'm feeling the same way too. My dd was conceived on the first cycle, I then conceived baby 2 on the first cycle again but sadly it ended in mmc. I assumed I'd get pregnant quickly again though as I am clearly quite fertile. 10 months on I have had more bfns, tears, af arrives and heartbreak than I can count and still no sign of a bfp.

You are not alone, stay positive, I'm sure it won't be much longer xx

I'm feeling the same way too. My dd was conceived on the first cycle, I then conceived baby 2 on the first cycle again but sadly it ended in mmc. I assumed I'd get pregnant quickly again though as I am clearly quite fertile. 10 months on I have had more bfns, tears, af arrives and heartbreak than I can count and still no sign of a bfp.

You are not alone, stay positive, I'm sure it won't be much longer xx

:flower:i hope you get your bfp soon, and thank you!

I also just realized my days are off for ovulation.... I started getting ovulation pains on Sept 20th at 11 pm and they were still going on at 1:am when I finally went to sleep, I was counting sept 21 as 1DPO when maybe I should have been counting Sept 22 as 1DPO, I tested early at what I thought was 9DPO and got a neg but it was probably more like 8DPO since I tested early afternoon. I still know that I'm not preg with lack of symptoms but it gave me just a little bit of hope! AF is due sat/sun. I'm looking forward to not TTC next cycle and just taking it easy

I'm really sorry to hear about your struggles. I've been there. Trust me. Keep positive and hang in there. I can tell you from experience that the TTC road is a bumpy one and, for me, I never really realized how much it impacted my health.

The stress, the distress, the sadness and empty feelings... Not only that, but then it bleeds into your relationships and into your relationship with your partner.

Try to stay positive. If you got pregnant before, are ovulating, having regular periods then its only a matter or time. Sometimes its just a timing thing.

You can also look into hormone levels as stress makes a huge impact on hormones. Do things that relax you, make love making enjoyable, try some evening primrose to increase cervical mucus... Maybe the cervical mucus is too acidic?

Hope that helped... You're in our thoughts.

i want to say thank you to all you ladies, you gave me so much help, made me feel not alone, i wanted to tell you that i took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive :) i since have taken 10 more all positive! My doctor confirmed it today as well.

Thank you again, so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->