They say a woman knows shes preg before testing. Did YOU know?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
So they say women sense being pregnant before actually taking a test.
Did you know, even before symptoms kicked in?
I knew about 5 days before I tested;
I was getting told "Dont take the test yet, you may not be pregnant"- and as I was saying to those who came out with that comment "Trust me, I am...."- I think I was only around 4weeks when I found out, too.
What gave it away for you?
Mine was A)My cervix (never felt anything like it in my life, it was as hard as rock) B) I remember running down some steps and felt this awful awful jab in my tummy- something I had never ever felt before, instantly I thought "Im having a baby"
When I saw those 2 pink lines, the first thing I said was "See, I told ya" I was very chuffed with myself lol. :)

Yes, but I got symptoms right away. Within the week of me concieving (14th Feb, how romantic) I was feeling sick and very tired and run down. The best way I could describe it was that I felt very Blah. But it wasn't like a bug, it was like something was different inside my body. It was one hell of a wait until I could test I tell you, and the first two tests were negative, I was convinced that I was wrong but the symptoms just kept getting stronger. I took another test and the line was quite faint, but there, and because the symptoms just kept getting stronger I never bothered taking any more.

Yes, but I got symptoms right away. Within the week of me concieving (14th Feb, how romantic) I was feeling sick and very tired and run down. The best way I could describe it was that I felt very Blah. But it wasn't like a bug, it was like something was different inside my body. It was one hell of a wait until I could test I tell you, and the first two tests were negative, I was convinced that I was wrong but the symptoms just kept getting stronger. I took another test and the line was quite faint, but there, and because the symptoms just kept getting stronger I never bothered taking any more.
I didnt get any symptoms.
Though the weird thing was, I remember sitting in a pub one night and I went to the loo- now because I was new to this whole 'cervical position' thing, I kept feeling it all the time lol, and this one particular night I was in the loo and randomly decided to see if anything had changed, but it hadnt, it was still rock hard; only this time I started bleeding. I thought I had cut myself, but deep down I knew what was happening.
So I walk out the toilet in a weird state of shock, told the father what had happened, tried to explain it the best I could (about implantation bleeding etc), and he said " Look at this" and pulled out the paper- read me my star sign, and it said "A surprise birth will come in the summer"; Then it all kinda went from there and I got a positive result at 12dpo, on january 12th, at approximately 11.00pm lol.
I was posting on here that night actually, I remember someone saying "You tested at 2am"? because thats what time I came on here saying I got my positive.
Summer is almost over though, so if he's coming early, he better get a move on!

I had no clue what so ever, and was hoping that my period was just late actually.

I had no idea, we weren't trying but weren't preventing and it hadn't even occured to me that it was a possibility until my boss (who didn't know) joked that I might be PG! I only took the test to rule out the possibility and was soo excited when it was a bfp.

I had been feeling sick for about a week but had assumed it was a tummy bug!

With both my girls i just knew i was pg. With Alisha it was around Christmas and the town band were round playing carols and i just burst into tears so that confirmed it really. Did pg test Christmas Eve and knew it would be positive.

With Kayleigh again I just knew ,then I went off coffee and was hiding teabags from OH, knew test was gonna be positie but was nervous what OH would say as shewasn't planned. He was chuffed to bits mind.

With my 1st pregnancy (which ended in M/C) my Hubby said I think you had better do a test, because I know you are PG!! I was emotional, and very tired.

With Charlie I recognised the stingy tired eye feeling, I could have slept on a washing line! So Yes I had an Idea,

With this one, Nope not a clue, although I tested 4 days early, and was at the the is it a line, is it not?? I did a clear blue digi in the end to confirm it!

I was in complete denial, was two weeks late for my period and feeling nauseous all the time before I finally bought a test.

So I guess you can say I knew, I was just in denial about it.

Can't very well deny it now, not with the bulging belly and all :-=

I had no idea with Rebecca-she was the withdrawl method gone wrong! lol

This time we had been using no protection for a few weeks, and a few days before my AF was due I tested with CB and got faint lines.

So in a nutshell NO I had no idea either times xxx

I hadn't got a clue that I was PG. I certainly didn't feel it and was convinced the test would come back negative despite the lack of a period.

Can't really remember with Emily but do remember my workmate saying i was eating loads more than usual and to test!!!

With Jack I was on a night out on the Fri and was in a really horrid mood with my sisters OH and threatened to pin him up by his neck!!!!! so out of charecter for me, the n on the Monday i just felt really odd, bit sicky and just knew, I t was the day AF was due, ran to chemist and got a BFP

1st time, within days of conceiving it felt like my boobs had been in a vice...couldn't even wear a bra for 3 days! And my abdomen felt tight, areolas got darker, back ached.

2nd time, abdomen felt tight, areolas got darker, had nausea and couldn't stand the smell of garlic, boobs were more tender and back ached.

Both before I did HPT

I had stopped taking the pill in sept/oct as I was getting migranes & sickness all the time so I stopped to see if the migranes stopped! OH & I just decided if it happened it happened. The beggining of Dec we were at it like rabbits :blush: not to get PG....must have just been the early Xmas spirit!!

Anyway I never kept track of my periods....they came when they came! Towards the end of Dec I kept rubbing my tummy & I found myself stood in a bar on new years eve...pretty drunk rubbing my belly in the toilet Q.....its odd I remember that! Anyway New Years eve I drunk a truck load of cocktails, wine, champagne.......I was carried home at 12:10am.....don't remember anything! Woke up in the Morning OH was in the spare room?? Went to get a drink only to find the kitchen covered in Tomato sauce....it was even on the ceiling! Apparently I'd accused OH off all sorts....smashed his mobile up and then squirted Ketchup all over him!:blush: (really not like me!)

The next morning it was back to work and I remember thinking it was my friends bday a month before (2nd Dec) and the penny dropped.....my last period was mid of Nov......Everything started to add up and I got a test tested that morning and there were 2 very faint pink lines! I came home at lunch and tested again....and then the next day and then took a test at the docs!
It was like part of me knew but part of me didn't!

I KNEW! ....

I just felt off, so i tested it was only a bit of a shockr with eliie, i wanted to be PG but that was QUICK! lol

xxx

i knew too
was snappy and crying like no ones business and puking all the time
but m/cd both
its weird coz since my first m/c i still have milk spots
no hormonal probs though as doc has tested me twice now
very wierd

Yes... I knew before I had any signs or symptoms of a pregnancy. I can't really explain it, but I just had this gut feeling that I was pregnant. Something in my heart was telling me to take a test, so I did and I was indeed pregnant. Even though I pretty much knew beforehand, once I read the positive test results, my heart sank into my chest. I was very happy, but at the same time I was really scared. It all turned out great, though! :)

I had a strange feeling that I was likely pregnant. My boobs usually ache before my AF, and that happened two days earlier than expected. I was up super early every morning having to pee - this never happens to me! I told myself that I could be playing tricks with myself so I decided not to test...but it was the hot flashes that told me something was different. After standing in line at the grocery store and having a hot flash come over me, I immediately went to the drug store for a test. Got an early one since I new I was a day or two before my AF was expected. Test turned positive immediately...I've read a lot that your body doesn't know it is pregnant until implementation. I am a firm believer that my body knew I was pregnant way before this!!:crib:

I didnt know!! I had no symptoms hardly. I just missed my AF by 7days but I didnt wanna test. I was thinking it was just late due to alot of stress in my life!!

I had no idea with my first.... Acutally we had just decided to take a break from TTC and I had a test floating around. Took it and almost died! This time though... I knew... and I knew early. When those two lines showed up I walked out of the bathroom and looked at the hubbily and said. I TOLD YOU SO! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->