Thickening milk after 4+ months?

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Hi girls..wasnt really sure where to post this? :shrug:

After learning that there isnt a lot of calories ect in pureed foods/fruits ect i want to hold off weaning until LO is at least 5/6 months..He is tiny and still needs as many calories as possible for the time being!!

LO has breastfeeds through the day and is supplemented with roughly 3oz formula after every feed..we have to add gaviscon to his milk to thicken it because of his reflux..trouble is, because he never has 8oz of formula we cannot give him the full dose of gaviscon for his weigh..this leads to him bringing back up very thick sick (although not as much as if we werent to use Gaviscon)

Anyway, my question is..once LO has turned 4 months could i thicken his milk with rice instead of gaviscon? Would it fill him up on empty calories? To me it seems a better idea than giving him the chemicals in Gaviscon?? :shrug::shrug:

Thanks for reading this far!! I might be completely missing the point..any suggestions would be greatly recieved!!!

Xx :flower:

I don't know how it would work in relation to the gaviscon - but you are definitely not supposed to thicken milk by putting anything into a bottle.

i went to many many doctors for my sons reflux and was told by every one .. including gi doctors to thicken with rice cereal. luca has had it in his bottle since he was 3 weeks old and hes 8 mths now. hes very big for his age.. as it does add a ton of calories. but it gives him iron atleast i figure! some doctors and people dont agree with it. but it worked for us :thumbup: its the ONLY way he could keep anything down :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->