Things I can and can't use/do...

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Hiya girls,

I have got my list of food that I can't eat, but can anyone tell me things that I should aviod doing and if applicable products that I should stop using.

That's a tricky one. I've not really been avoiding anything - just been making sure rooms are well ventilated when I use cleaning products, wear marigolds at every opportunity and wash everything to a point of obsession!

I think just read the bottle before you use anything and you should be fine.

My OH has already gone into ultra protective mode (it's great - haven't had to do anything all weekend!) and won't let me:
- lift anything that looks vaguely heavy
- go anywhere near the gardening, cat poo has toxo somthing - not good
- go anywhere near the crops in the fields near our house in case they had fertilizer on them

I'm wondering whether it's ok to carry on using the "holiday skin" moisturiser I normally use on my legs (the one that has a bit of fake tan in but not loads) - am going to ask doc tonight, will also update you tomorrow if he thinks of anything else.

x

ps - want to be in our gang??? https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...r-little-christmas-cakes-late-dec-babies.html - the more the merrier!

x

i'm pretty much carrying on as usual as I have to carry my 26lb baby about lol! But i've stopped taking my boiling hot baths, just warm showers now!

Things to avoid:

* anything that involves strong chemicals or fumes - for example, painting your house, cleaning your oven, working in an environment with chemicals/fumes - in all, a great excuse to avoid certain household tasks!

* cleaning out your pet's litter tray (risk of toxicplasmosis)

* gardening without gloves (risk of toxicplasmosis)

* saunas or jacuzzis - or really hot baths

* lifting really heavy weights - again, a good excuse to let your hubbie do all the grocery shopping and heavy lifting

* extreme exercise (exercise that leaves you gasping for breath) - as a rule, you should stick to the level of exercise you did before you got pregnant, so no running the London Marathon, unless you did serious running before!

I hope this is of some help!

xxx

ps - want to be in our gang??? https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...r-little-christmas-cakes-late-dec-babies.html - the more the merrier!

x

Mind if I check in?

Of course, the more the merrier!

I said I'd give a doc update..... that's it, nothing. She (yes SHE) didn't even do a test to confirm, just told me to take folic acid and referred me to a midwife, said "congratulations and look out for the morning sickness, it might kick in soon" and that was it!!

To be fair, she did give the warning about racket sports or heavey aerobic exercise, told me to avoid raw meat/fish, blue cheese and alcohol, which I guess would do if you were completely clueless. The maternity pack I got also had a bit more detailed info in it. Guess it's my fault for getting the second to last appointment of the day - she wanted to go home!

Thanks goodness for the internet!

Of course, the more the merrier!

I said I'd give a doc update..... that's it, nothing. She (yes SHE) didn't even do a test to confirm, just told me to take folic acid and referred me to a midwife, said "congratulations and look out for the morning sickness, it might kick in soon" and that was it!!

To be fair, she did give the warning about racket sports or heavey aerobic exercise, told me to avoid raw meat/fish, blue cheese and alcohol, which I guess would do if you were completely clueless. The maternity pack I got also had a bit more detailed info in it. Guess it's my fault for getting the second to last appointment of the day - she wanted to go home!

Thanks goodness for the internet!

Sorry to hear that the doc appointment was anti-climatic.

Do you have to take the midwife from your referral? I was just given a list of midwifes to contact and find one that's not planned a Christmas holiday yet. :shrug:

I think we just have a bank of midwives for the area.

Reading the info it looks like, unless you have a home birth, you are unlikely to have your midwife at the birth anyway.

I think I'll know more when the referral comes through, don't normally get much choice in these things in UK unless you go private (and pay mega bucks) but I'll keep you updated.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->