Things I hate

motherofboys

Reaction score
But can't exactly do much about.

Friends posting pictures on Facebook of their hand, with their daughters placed in top, and both have had their nails painted. Can't I friend them just for having a daughter now can I?

The way every single clothing store I go into has the girls section right at the front.....and down one whole side......and across the back too. With just one side for boys, you can not look in any direction with out being assaulted by pink.

My 2 best friends, one having a boy and girl, the other having a girl and being pregnant with what I am sure will be the boy she desires.

Knowing that all that time I spent dreaming that one day I'd shop in both sections if the clothes store, and toy store, and one day (due to having close age gaps) is but the side by side "brother and sister" stroller, was wasted and that's not going to happen.

Dh agreed to one more but it would appear from the way he is acting he had changed his mind again. And with the way the boys have been behaving lately who can blame him. I'm too scared to ask him out right, but today text him just joking around about 1 more, and added maybe a pink one. And he never bothered to reply and has just been moaning all evening.

Oh Hun. :hugs: I'm having boy number 3 and feel exactly the same. I crack the shits every time I go looking for new stuff for DS3 because there's SO much effort put into girls clothes and tonnes of them and next to nothing for my gorgeous boys :cry: I feel like boys are so over looked in the clothing department it isn't fair. I'm getting a few custom made outfits from one of my younger sisters ( who will be DS3 god mum ) and my big sister is making bassinet and cot blankets and some cute booties. I feel jealous of my big sister cause she has a son and daughter ( to two different dads ) and I just feel like why did you get what you wanted and I didn't :(
We all stayed at my mums over Christmas and doing my nieces hair and things was just so much fun ( she's 2 ) she refuses to wear skirts or dresses though so I couldn't dress her up lol but it was really nice having a little girl around and my boys thought she was just lovely, even though she kept bashing them up lol she's a real Tom boy :haha:
I hope your hubby will come around and let you try just one more time. Will you be swaying this time?

Yeah probably, I don't hold much hope of it working and am already prepared for a 5th boy but I want to say that I gave it everything I could so there are no what it's and no regrets.

You know the way I feel right now if I could guarantee I'd get pregnant first go and have a healthy pregnancy I'd go high tech to be sure I'd get a girl. Even if I had to break ny rule on time and save for the next 5 years.
I almost cried in the way home from school day because one of son's little sisters hair is finally long enough for a pony tail and everyone was fussing over her and how cute her hair was and ilk never have that. The boys are playing up a lot right now and I feel like I'm being punished for wanting a girl so much.
I text hubby trying to explain how I feel and he didn't even bother replying.
I'm probably being unfair as I know he really wanted a daughter and admitted to bring scared last time in case we got a boy, which we obviously did, but I feel like it's ok for him because as much as he wanted a girl he is a man who has got boys so his got all that boy stuff he can do.

I feel exactly the same, I was out on Monday and brought some outfits for my little boy but they are so uninspiring I purposely made myself stay away from the girls clothes as I knew I'd get upset. I then saw so many women walking around with their daughters and I got so jealous. My sister has a girl and two boys and I get so jealous of her, for my nieces birthday she always wants to have a girlie day and we go shopping and for lunch and I want to do that with my own precious daughter. It doesn't help that in the past week I've heard the saying 'a daughter is a daughter for life a sons a son until he takes a wife' and I don't want my boys to grow up and spend more time with their wives than with us.

I HATE that saying, and in my experience the opposite is true. A daughter joins a new family (even changes her surname and produces more babies with another families surname) where as a boy brings a woman into his family.

I HATE that saying, and in my experience the opposite is true. A daughter joins a new family (even changes her surname and produces more babies with another families surname) where as a boy brings a woman into his family.

Thanks for this. I have to say as I've heard it so many times just lately it's been going round and round in my head and I've been really worried about it. My oh isn't close to his mum at all whereas I'm so close to mine, I hate the thought of my boys 'leaving' me to join another family

I think it totally depends on each individual person, and the relationship they build with each other, and that can even vary from child to child with the same parents and same gender. I have friends where one daughter is close to the parents but the other isn't. I'm not close to my Mum at all, we were never as close as my friends were with their Mums, and then there was a series of events that just drove us completely apart, while my brothers remained by her side. In DH family my SIL will go out of her way to avoid her mother. I can kind of see why, MIL is abrupt, says what she means, doesn't sugar coat it. She doesn't make friends and isn't easy to like. I imagine growing up with that must have been hard. SIL is easily offended (which is surprising, you'd think she'd be immune to it) DH on the other hand is very close to his parents, he thinks his Mums blunt approach is a good thing as you know where you stand and will get an honest answer. We visit them weekly, and he calls home at least once in the middle of the week too. His brother is also quite close to their parents, although he did lean away a bit when he was married.
I know that if I get a difficult to get along with daughter in law it could be a case of not seeing those grandchildren as much as the other grandchildren, and theres no way of knowing. The thing that mainly worries me is, like with my brothers being close to our Mum, he has split with his own daughters Mum and so although my Mum still has her son she doesn't see her granddaughter. I don't want that, if they have a relationship that goes wrong, missing out on seeing their children.
But all I can do is build on our relationship now, hope that they will know they can always come to me, and will want to see me, and cross my fingers that when they do have children one day they make a wise enough choice of woman and are good enough men to keep the relationship going or at least get on well enough after to keep up the contact with them.
I still want a daughter of my own so, so badly, but even if I do get her I wouldn't want to lose my boys in the future.

OMG, I am so with you ladies on this. I'm having my 4th boy and was hoping it was a girl. I hate going into clothing stores also. I was thinking also of making my own baby clothes and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->