Things I haven´t done...

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
Are there any things you didn´t do because you thought you would be pregnant by now? I haven´t been on any international sculpture symposiums for two years because either I was pregnant (mc) or thought I would be by now. My friend hasn´t done the marathon for 4 years because each time it comes time to apply she thinks better not I might be pregnant then. Such a mistake putting our lives on hold eh? what about you?

I am not applying for a full time position right now.
I am not booking holidays right now.

I better get pregnant to make it worth while!

Like this Nats! Not so much for me putting off what I haven't done (I did start my own business which then nose dived in the recession!), it's what I'm putting off now......treading water in a bit of a dead end job that pays rubbish money. If I get preg I'm staying put, work in a school and it will be ideal. If I don't (and how long will this take for God's sake???!!!) then I want to pick my career back up again and start earning some decent money to go on holiday again!!!

Just marking time at the moment:thumbup:xXx

I really don't put anything off in fact DH and I sort of think "let's get this out of the way before we are trying to juggle a baby as well" such as we wanted renovations to the house for a while and I said why don't we start them when we start TTC again as I don't want a house full of workmen and mess when heavily pregnant or with a baby/toddler. Plus our holidays are mainly UK taking the dogs with us as I would hate to leave the dogs in kennels for a week or two.

I could imagine if I was still in paid employment I may be inclined to stay in a job I hate so I get maternity leave or not want to apply for promotions.

I really haven't put off anything. I figure pregnant or not, I'm not getting any younger and I'm not going to miss out on one minute of life, lol.

Maybe it's just denial.

I really haven't put off anything. I figue pregnant or not, I'm not getting any younger and I'm not going to miss out on one minute of life, lol.

Maybe it's just denial.

No I think it is a good attitude. Trouble is my work would be dangerous to do whilst pregnant because I carve marble using big machines. And I never want to let anyone down so I´m scared of saying yes one month and then having to pull out the next. But now I´m going to take that risk rather than missing out on more things.

I really haven't put off anything. I figue pregnant or not, I'm not getting any younger and I'm not going to miss out on one minute of life, lol.

Maybe it's just denial.

No I think it is a good attitude. Trouble is my work would be dangerous to do whilst pregnant because I carve marble using big machines. And I never want to let anyone down so I´m scared of saying yes one month and then having to pull out the next. But now I´m going to take that risk rather than missing out on more things.

I completely understand! For me, if I don't ever get a sticky pregnancy again, my biggest regret would be not living my life. My mom dies when she was 57 and there was so much she wanted to do, but for various reasons she never got the chance. I swore I wouldn't die that way and I refuse to; don't get me wrong, I am about as frustrated with TTC right now as I have ever been. I just can't put my life on hold, because I have family and friends I want to enjoy now.:hugs:

For me it was more of a week to week thing, i would get into the tww and think oh i should not go to the amusement park i might be pg, or oh i should not have this glass of wine, i might be pg, and finally i said enough, i am tired of the tww ruling my life, i had to look at the fact that i have not gotten pg on my own without help in almost 3 years, so its not going to work. Oh and we decided to buy a new 46" 3D TV, we kept putting it off, thinking we needed the money, well yea, now we are enjoying it, and if a pg comes along fine we will deal with it then, but for now, nope, i am going to live my life and stop wasting it like i have the past 3 years!!!

Trouble is my work would be dangerous to do whilst pregnant because I carve marble using big machines.

Is that your work in the background of your photo? It's gorgeous!!!!

i havent moved house yet ( have been wanting to for a year ! ) as my house now has a spare room which would make a lovely nursery :crib: also i want to change my profession and go to college but have put that on hold untill i conceive :dust: I too hope that it happens very soon for us all :dust:

I know exactly what you mean... I'm a classical singer (opera and music theater mostly) and I haven't done a gig in two years now, because to agree to a gig and then have to back out would be more damaging to my career than a two-year break in performing.... When we started ttc I knew that would mean a hiatus in performing and I was willing to make that sacrifice knowing it would be because I was caring for our baby... but now, 2+ years later, it's very frustrating knowing that I've put that huge part of me on hold and still have nothing but grief to show for it....

I keep putting off working as hard as I should to lose the last 25 lbs. I know it may make it easier to TTC without the extra weight, but I keep talking myself out of it because all I'll do is gain weight while pregnant. I KNOW I would have 25 less to lose if I lost it now! I'm just being dumb and making excuses.

I know exactly what you mean... I'm a classical singer (opera and music theater mostly) and I haven't done a gig in two years now, because to agree to a gig and then have to back out would be more damaging to my career than a two-year break in performing.... When we started ttc I knew that would mean a hiatus in performing and I was willing to make that sacrifice knowing it would be because I was caring for our baby... but now, 2+ years later, it's very frustrating knowing that I've put that huge part of me on hold and still have nothing but grief to show for it....

Oh How frustrating, couldn´t you take a show that only ran for less than nine months? Or even better do blood brothers, there is a part who could be pregnant without and not break character. I Hope it works for you soon!

I have it my head that it will take 10-12 months to get knocked up, so no...have not really made an adjustment yet...

Hubby and I had quit our jobs, were about to rent our flat out and were just about to book a round-the-world trip, planning to be away at least a year - when suddenly the urgency of TTCing hit us. We had to call the trip off because many of the countries we wanted to go are now off-limits to us because they require malaria medication (which is harmful if you fall pregnant). Also now we need to stay close to home for doctor's appointments etc, and IUI starting this month.

We're also missing a big family reunion in Canada in the autumn as we are already taking one cycle out to go to my brother's wedding in Canada in Aug, and I can't risk taking two cycles out.

But, it can't be helped! I do feel like our life is on hold, and we're finding the whole thing so stressful that we can't fully enjoy life in the meantime; but that's just the way it is, the alternative would be to give up TTCing, which is not an option.

We've put on hold a lot of things mainly due to money. My company only pays 6 weeks maternity pay at 90%, so we're trying to save money in the hope that we'll fall pregnant (soon!). We love travelling, so don't know if we should still keep saving or splurge on a much needed holiday.

C xx

DH & I haven't put anything on hold :) We don't go on holiday anywhere because of our critters, so we don't miss what we have'nt had! :thumbup:

Hmm this is an interesting one , in some ways I've not been putting off things more like Macwooly says , we've been packing tons in just in case. I have been doing the ttw thing though and that's driving me crazy. Last cycle I missed out on a great party 'just in case' not that I'm saying you have to drink like a fish but I was a bit of a bore to be out with my poor hubby.
This cycle ive not been so crazy , the thing I think about is the baby would be in its wee sac not even attached via the chord yet , so I'm having the odd posh coffee that I love.
By the way is that your work Natsby , it's stunning :thumbup:

This is going to sound silly :shrug: but everytime I go to buy new clothes for a changing season I'll stop myself and only buy what I need because I always hope I won't need them. I'm unexplained, however we did get pregnant with two other kids 13 and 14 but just can't seem to concieve this one:cry: I'm giving MACA and Evening Primrose a go for a few months and if that doesn't work then we're on to IVF. I'm 36 and DH is 37, here's hoping we all get pregnant very soon :flower:

Hmm this is an interesting one , in some ways I've not been putting off things more like Macwooly says , we've been packing tons in just in case. I have been doing the ttw thing though and that's driving me crazy. Last cycle I missed out on a great party 'just in case' not that I'm saying you have to drink like a fish but I was a bit of a bore to be out with my poor hubby.
This cycle ive not been so crazy , the thing I think about is the baby would be in its wee sac not even attached via the chord yet , so I'm having the odd posh coffee that I love.
By the way is that your work Natsby , it's stunning :thumbup:

Thanks, glad you like it. I´m doing a new piece now I am really happy with. Thank god I have my work or I would really be a crazy lady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->