Things I haven´t done...

This is going to sound silly :shrug: but everytime I go to buy new clothes for a changing season I'll stop myself and only buy what I need because I always hope I won't need them. I'm unexplained, however we did get pregnant with two other kids 13 and 14 but just can't seem to concieve this one:cry: I'm giving MACA and Evening Primrose a go for a few months and if that doesn't work then we're on to IVF. I'm 36 and DH is 37, here's hoping we all get pregnant very soon :flower:

Oh yes I do that too, or I buy things with room to grow into.

I know exactly what you mean... I'm a classical singer (opera and music theater mostly) and I haven't done a gig in two years now, because to agree to a gig and then have to back out would be more damaging to my career than a two-year break in performing....

Maybe the sure way to get pregnant is to accept a gig. :winkwink:

This is going to sound silly :shrug: but everytime I go to buy new clothes for a changing season I'll stop myself and only buy what I need because I always hope I won't need them. I'm unexplained, however we did get pregnant with two other kids 13 and 14 but just can't seem to concieve this one:cry: I'm giving MACA and Evening Primrose a go for a few months and if that doesn't work then we're on to IVF. I'm 36 and DH is 37, here's hoping we all get pregnant very soon :flower:

Oh yes I do that too, or I buy things with room to grow into.

me too! ive just been sorting out my summer wardrobe and thinking there are a few items i could do with but then something stops me...am i really going to get the wear out of them? id rather buy some lovely preggy outfits later this year. stupid huh! oh, and ive stopped myself from entering into a gym contract for a year...i really want to get fit but if i get pregnant in the near future then i wont be getting my monies worth will i.

also, this is the stubborn me :)) ive turned down so many job offers to work in schools here...simply because i dont want to work anymore - i want to me a mum. its as if i think if i step into the role as teacher full time then i worry that the goal of having a child will get lost along the way :(

Know what you mean Crystal! I lost 2 and a half stone last year and have kept all my 'fat' clothes in the hope that my tummy will grow back into them!!!!:haha:

Honestly, I haven't put much on hold and I'm really thankful for that. TTC is disappointing enough, it would be even more sad if I gave something up and then got zero results. (Well, I did skip a dental x-ray, but I'm not sure that counts, lol).

It's been 12 cycles and I can't imagine putting my entire life on hold for a baby that might not come.

I went on vacation to Florida with my mom in April. It was fabulous and I really enjoyed my time alone with her. I had been ttc for 10 cycles at that time, and we booked the flight when I had been ttc for 5 months. I was going either way. Pregnant or not.

Actually, what we did do is prepare to add another child. My husband needed a new truck and we got one with more seating. Now, I think that maybe we shouldn't have planned things around how I want my life to be. I should plan for how it is. I can always make adjustments later. I was sitting in that truck this weekend thinking that maybe I was a little naive in purchasing it.

Honestly, I haven't put much on hold and I'm really thankful for that. TTC is disappointing enough, it would be even more sad if I gave something up and then got zero results. (Well, I did skip a dental x-ray, but I'm not sure that counts, lol).

It's been 12 cycles and I can't imagine putting my entire life on hold for a baby that might not come.

I went on vacation to Florida with my mom in April. It was fabulous and I really enjoyed my time alone with her. I had been ttc for 10 cycles at that time, and we booked the flight when I had been ttc for 5 months. I was going either way. Pregnant or not.

Actually, what we did do is prepare to add another child. My husband needed a new truck and we got one with more seating. Now, I think that maybe we shouldn't have planned things around how I want my life to be. I should plan for how it is. I can always make adjustments later. I was sitting in that truck this weekend thinking that maybe I was a little naive in purchasing it.

I completely understand! I went back to school three years ago for a different degree; decided to get one this time in something I actually enjoy! It is the best decision that I have made. Granted, I haven't actually used it, but I think I am going to go ahead and apply for a PhD program; I figure I get five years to write, so I'd better just go ahead and get started!

So, I was thinking today about how I am happy that I haven't really put anything off in my life while ttc . . . . and then it hit me, I'm a liar, lol! I had completely forgotten about this while I made my original post.

I want to get another dog. I had 2 dogs at one point and I liked having the older dog teach the younger dog.
I have a 5 year old dog now that I adore and I'd love to have another puppy. But, I don't want a puppy during a pregnancy/new baby so I've been putting it off. Too much training, energy etc for me to handle with my crazy morning sickness that I get. I don't want to get a puppy and then not be able to devot time to train it properly because I have a new baby and 3 other kids. It would get lost in the mix. My current dog isn't an issue, but adding one would be.

Maybe I should just bit the bullet and get a puppy.

So, I was thinking today about how I am happy that I haven't really put anything off in my life while ttc . . . . and then it hit me, I'm a liar, lol! I had completely forgotten about this while I made my original post.

I want to get another dog. I had 2 dogs at one point and I liked having the older dog teach the younger dog.
I have a 5 year old dog now that I adore and I'd love to have another puppy. But, I don't want a puppy during a pregnancy/new baby so I've been putting it off. Too much training, energy etc for me to handle with my crazy morning sickness that I get. I don't want to get a puppy and then not be able to devot time to train it properly because I have a new baby and 3 other kids. It would get lost in the mix. My current dog isn't an issue, but adding one would be.

I guess it's how you look at it; we went ahead and got ours after my 15yo dog had to be out down, even though I was hesitant with TTC. I figured this way, we had time to train the dog before life got crazy. Unfortunately, Porkchop is entirely unable to be trained! Lol. See "...bad day" thread. :hugs:

I guess it's how you look at it; we went ahead and got ours after my 15yo dog had to be out down, even though I was hesitant with TTC. I figured this way, we had time to train the dog before life got crazy. Unfortunately, Porkchop is entirely unable to be trained! Lol. See "...bad day" thread. :hugs:

porkchops i wanna give you huge cuddles! ive got a 1 and a half yr old dog...love him to bits but not an easy dog at all, and training is constant but he is getting so much better as he gets older. its funny coz when i got him i was told he was a white golden retriever...( i chose retriever coz i wanted a breed said to be good with children...see i was thinking ahead!) golden retriever he definitely isnt! lol. suspected cuvac (livestock guard dog!) he is absolutely beautiful to look at but he is the most anxious and hyper dog i have ever met. the first day i met him, he was very shy and timid and wasnt playful like a puppy. he wore a traumatized little face. he has alot of obsessive fears and he turns into a total muzzled monster when he goes to the vets ( i hate going there!) saying all that, i have a fantastic bond with him, he is my shadow :) very clever, full of fun and very comical. a year ago i would have said no to having a baby and training him but he was still a young puppy then. you are right puppies have so much energy... i think a puppy and a baby is a lot to handle. a year on from now if theres a new addition to the family, i know he will be ready and happy to adapt to new baby changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->