Things that hurt more than childbirth...

I would love to hear from someone who has had kidney stones and given birth, and hear which they think was worst. DH gets kidney stones and swears they must be worse than labor and birth.

I had kidney stones 3 times, and I have given birth twice. I would take the kidney stones any day over giving birth! The first time I had the stones, I was in the hospital for a day from it. They gave me morphine and antibiotics. Yes, it hurt like hell, but it was nothing compared to child birth. The birth of my son (my first) was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life! I ripped all over and all the way up. He was stuck, and before I passed out from pain, the dr was screaming at the nurses in the room. I really wish they would have just given me a csection! With DD the epidural worked great and it wasn't as bad. Recovery for both of them hurt like hell, and I cannot find anything else to compare it to. I have had a couple of surgeries too and it still doesn't compare.
BUT having a baby is the most wonderful thing, and the pain is all worth it!!! I would do it all over again for my kids. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I do not mind suffering in pain for them!

I'd never experienced anything more painful until today, when I had a cortisone injection in the sole of my foot. Oh my god, I'm not a drama queen at all and am well used to needles (tattoos, blood donations) but that was awful, I was in tears.

I have never experienced anything more painful than childbirth :cry:

But I would do it all again in a heartbeat, because my precious baby is so worth every minute of pain.... :cloud9:

My OH reckons a kick in his privates is more painful that childbirth.. i said whilst in labour i am willing to test that theory and see who is screaming the loudest.. silly man!

I have never given birth before, and I'm getting a little panicky about it.

I wonder how 5 days of miscarriage compares...that was probably the worst pain I've experienced at one point in my life. 12 ibuprofens a day for 5 days...couldn't believe it took so long.

Also had gallbladder attacks, resulting in removal of my gallbladder. The demerol was a joke, but morphine was quite nice... And endometriosis and ovarian cysts which were quite painful, but honestly, so far, nothing compares to years of undiagnosed celiac disease, gastritis, and severe IBS that resulted in explosive diarrhea and horrible cramping on a daily basis.

I guess I've been prepped? Still panicking, though...

And endometriosis and ovarian cysts which were quite painful

I've had these two conditions and the pain is horrendous and non-relenting. I've felt the pain simultaneously in my lower abs, lower back, in the genital area, down my thighs accompanied by vomiting, diarrhea, shivering with chills etc. I've always wondered how labor compared to these pains. After all contractions have a beginning and an end but pain from endo and cysts are unrelenting. So I did a bit of research and found something that really cheered me up. https://www.mothering.com/community/t/937736/do-painful-menstrual-cramps-painful-labor. Apparently there is research to suggest that some period pains are worse than labor pains. You can read more in the link above.

I remember a gynaecologist once telling me, that period pains are like the beginnings of labour... that scared the XXXX out of me! - thinking if this is what the beginnings are like, what is the rest going to be like?!?!

Not having had a baby nor been pregnant of course I can't really contribute much to this discussion, but I did have one horrific experience :

Slipped disc / protruding disc. I started feeling sore in my back and couldn't get comfortable, took a shower ... and the pain got consistently worse... to the point of vomiting several times (7) over a few hours, lying down in front of the toilet curled into a ball, wandering back to the bedroom to bed, back to the toilet... not being able to find a position without pain (moaning) and not (at this point) knowing what is wrong... While leaning over the toilet thinking to myself :

a) if I ever suffer from chronic pain, I will kill myself - I couldn't live with pain like this and
b) this must be worse than labour - at least at the end of that I have my baby to show for it and I know why I am going through it... :)

Called out an emergency doctor (at the time, I couldn't even tell where the pain was, as it was radiating into my stomach, my back, my legs) - I refused to lie straight on my back for him so he could feel my tummy (and I knew it couldn't be appendicitis, as I had my appendectomy when I was 20)...

My MIL confirmed to me that the pain from slipped disc was way worse than labour.
Again - I know I don't have any comparison - but that pain was hell!! :(

I was in labour for 46 hours and ould take that any day over the pain I had from my worst gall bladder attack!!

For me it was getting the epidural with my third baby. OMG the guy stuck the needle in and it sent a horrible electric shock through my entire body, I ended up crying lol. Then he told me "oh it's in the wrong place, gotta redo it" I was freaking out. This time no shock but it felt like he was scraping the needle up and down my spine, I've never felt something so painful before. Then an hour later I still had tons of pain. The epi centralized all the contraction pain into one spot in my belly. It was SO intense and painful. After a few hours some new guy came in and had to redo the epi again, this time not as painful. So getting the epidural in my third pregnancy was way more painful than actual child birth lol. I still haven't decided if I will be getting it this time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->