Things that hurt more than childbirth...

Omg i must be a wimp lol.
I really can't imagine anything on this planet being worse than childbirth! Ahh i find the pain unbearable!!!

^or maybe you just havn't been sick/injured as often lol just kidding.

I haven't given birth yet but I have had gallstones and I collapsed from an attack on my second week into a new job and was taken out by ambulance. My gall bladder was removed 3 days later. It was mushy too.

I figure if I could handle that, i'll handle child birth and get a wonderful little bundle of joy at the end of it :)

I haven't given birth yet but I have had gallstones and I collapsed from an attack on my second week into a new job and was taken out by ambulance. My gall bladder was removed 3 days later. It was mushy too.

I figure if I could handle that, i'll handle child birth and get a wonderful little bundle of joy at the end of it :)

If you can handle that, you will handle childbirth!

You know what ladies - this isn't helping!!

As long as it's not more painful than my regular tooth abcesses I think I'll managed. Cos those buggers last for days!

I am so glad I found this thread!!!

Last November over the space of 3 days I was feeling unwell....then 6am one morning WHAM f**k me it was the worst pain I have ever experienced, I did not know what was going on, projectile vomit, screaming the house down, reduced my OH to tears and begged him to run me over in the car on the way to A&E before passing out!...yes I had KIDNEY STONES.

A shot of Pethadine and wired up with Morphine and I was still feeling the pain!! my consultant said to me as my stones had burrowed their own little route through my kidneys one being 5mm and the other 4mm the pain I had experienced was indeed worse that I would ever experience...he was a man so no idea of child-birth!!

Anyway I am looking forward to labour to see if it is anything like my stones!! that memory will stay with me and my OH for ever!!!

EPILATING :lol: is sooo painful!!

I think everyone and every birth is different so it is hard to compare pain and birth experience.

I was induced and that was UNBEARABLE!! Would rather do that again than have a root filling though Haha at least i got something good out of the labour pains : ) xx

i havnt given birth yet but suffer realy badly with tooth aches and had 2 tooth infections it got to the point where my whole face was swolen and throbbing i couldnt talk and ddnt sleep for over 72 hours and got in and out of the bath 46 times to put my face bin the water this is after taking a coctail of codine paracitamol and ibruprofen :( as long as giving birth is not as bad as that im confident that i can get through it . my mum suffers the same and said she would rather give birth :) x x

I've had kidney stones twice and two bad kidney infections and I can honestly say the pain with my kidneys was worse than labour pains. Thats why I think I managed to cope quite well with labour because I kept thinking 'Well it's not as bad as kidney stones yet...' I'd much rather give birth than have kidney stones :lol:

I have given birth to 2 babies, and the worst pain I have ever felt is severe acid/gastritis sometimes leading to stomach ulcers. Attacks come on in the night and last anywhere from 6-72 hours :( It is AGONY, and unrelenting, at least with childbirth there is a break between pains. I have been hospitalised with this multiple times.

Haven't given birth yet but was reading the thread for encouragement :). My mom has severe Endometriosis to the extent that her doctors were surprised she could conceive. Anyway she said her 3 all natural births were a piece of cake due to enduring the monthly extreme cramps that would have her doubled up on the floor, throwing up and crying for 5 days straight.
I'm surprised no one mentioned a severe burn? Maybe I'm being naive, but I managed to burn 4 of my fingers badly with a hot glue gun. I was helping a friend at college with her education homework and she slipped and I got fresh hot glue all over my hand and the sink was forever far away. That hurt so freaking bad I couldn't stop crying. The glue was still burning hot but stuck to me and I had to rip it off. I lost my fingerprints for 6 months on that hand and the only relief was freezing cold water. I had to keep my hand in a glass while I slept or the pain would wake me up. Again, I've yet to give birth but I HOPE it's not as bad as that intensity.

This was what I clicked on this thread hoping to find! I suffer from severe endometriosis and extreme monthly pain due to its location right on the nerve endings. My doctor was shocked when he saw where it was that I had not put up a bigger fight about getting the lap sooner because of how bad he knew the pain was. I had wondered if anyone else who suffered from it thought labor wouldn't be so bad in comparison! I honestly don't think there could be a pain much worse. But I haven't been through labor yet, so time will tell!

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread! Lately I've been getting worried about labor and delivery (pregnant with first), hoping I'll be able to withstand the pain of childbirth. The shows and movies make it look horrific! lol Only major pain I've been through was knee surgery after a bad car accident. The 2nd day after surgery I woke up in quite a bit of pain. Any slight movement I would make would feel like someone was making a couple strokes with a saw at my knee. Wonder if labor will feel worse on my lady parts....! :X lol

Nothing has ever hurt me more than my back to back pain med free labour with my 10lb5 baby boy:cry:
Plus they had to catheterize (sp?) me afterwards as I couldnt wee and push on my sore tummy to deliver several massive blood clots sorry tmi!!
I couldnt walk properly and was in pain for weeks!
My other 2 births were easier though:flower:

But ive never had gallstones,appendicitis or a broken bone so I suppose Im quite lucky.

Gallstones! Far far worse than childbirth!

Yes.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.....yes.

Ugh.

Im glad so many people agree with me, i totally feel i can handle labour no problem now after having gallstone and pancreatitis when i was 17 weeks pregnant, and as i result of the pregnancy i had no pain releif, and had to have surgery due to the pancreatits, and afterwords no pain releif, so im hoping ill be much calmed this time, as last time i went into total panic which really didnt help things at all.

I'm a first timers and loving this thread!!

my worst pains so far:

1) i opted to have my front 6 teeth shaved down to then have them capped to have the perfect smile for my wedding - soooo sore, i couldnt eat for 5 days, drinks only by straw
2) i fell a few years back and broke both wrists. one was so much sorer than the other i didnt work out the second one was broken until 3 days later!! if i can deal with a broken arm for 3 days without noticing i'm hoping i can do baby production!!!

thanks for sharing ladies!!!

Pilonidal sinus (abcess at bottom of spine/start of ya bum crack) is more painfull then labour!!! Yes labour is painfull but I cried with my Pilonidal sinus that I had a few years ago & even laying on my stomach hurt lol x

Things that hurt more than childbirth?

Nothing. Absolutely freaking nothing.

But...I don't really think you can compare chronic, ongoing, everyday pain with sudden, intense pain like contractions and labour. They are very different types of pain. Chronic pain is far worse (and annoying) bc the pain is ALWAYS there, but the actual pain itself is not as intense and horrific as my contractions were. But at least those were over with in a few hours. These are just my personal experiences, I know everybody has different tolerances and different levels of pain. I've broken loads of bones (pelvis was horrid), but never had kidney stones (friend has and she says childbirth was worse).

(I've had both, and I'd definitely say gallbladder attacks were, actually, worse than what I felt during labor. They had me writhing around in misery....pain and sick-- labor pains, though they hurt, were much more focused and manageable.)

And though I haven't had kidney stones, I wouldn't doubt for a second that they are worse than labor pains. We are certainly troopers for delivering our babies, regardless of what kind of pain management we have or don't have.... But I think it would be arrogant of us to generalize and say that there is no pain that compares. I'll add a disclaimer that some people have a birth experience that is outside of the norm, and the pain is far worse than the typical pain experienced on average. I can't even imagine what they've gone through

But.... on average... and based even on people's responses to this thread... it is not the worst pain you could endure, and may not even be the worst pain you've ever endured.

Take into account, also, the mental aspect. I realize that when we say 'pain' we are talking of physical pain, but the mental aspect has a LOT to do with it. Pain that is inflicted on us with no promise of anything to make it 'worth it' is much more difficult to endure, and is perceived as far worse.

Nobody would say, "I'd gladly go back and endure gallstones/kidney stones/ snapped bones again..." but many (not all, I know!) would say they would gladly go back through childbirth again. (Again, those who had a complicated birth like Kerrie's would probably not say "I'd gladly go back and endure the same birth experience"...so I'm only speaking in general with your average, complication-free birth experience)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->