Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

When I was young and people were talking about 'losing your virginity'; no one explained that it was a concept so I thought virginity was an actual body part that fell out of you or fell off when you first have sex!

I spent 7 weeks working on a renal ward, watched 2 kidney transplants, then spent 4 weeks working on a urology ward. I only today found out where our kidneys our :dohh:

Haha that's just reminded me of a few months back. I was getting a hand over from a newly qualified nurse , he was telling about my patients prostate problem................I work on an all female ward:haha:
He had gotten himself a little bit muddled :haha:

My Dh used to think everyone had a prostate...LOL.

My DH and SIL both used to think you had to put sour cream on your taco shell before putting any toppings on the taco, because the sour cream would hold them all in. Apparently their parents had told them this as kids, and it stuck with them forever. THey both still say it every time we have tacos. "Gotta put the sour cream on first, it holds the meat on." :haha:

i am in Leeds which i think is north west?? anyway my mum always says are we going up south.. yep that makes sense..

I'm in Nottingham (east midlands) and I always find myself saying 'I'm going up london' :blush:

You're meant to say going up to London as it's the capital city so it's always 'up'.

For years i though vericous (sp?) veins were from eating apple pips.

When I got married in scotland I got worried my parents couldnt come as they didnt have passports.

Oh and met a few ppl who didnt realise there was more then 1 hole down there...and babies came out where the pee does.

When I got married in scotland I got worried my parents couldnt come as they didnt have passports.

Lol I wonder if that's a Londoner thing, I know a girl from London who thought you needed a passport to get into Wales from the Severn bridge. She also thought we still used horse and wooden carts too though lol...

Tmi, but I've never seen my pee hole and thought I was deformed lol! But I had a catheter after labour so obviously I must have one :rofl:

I think the onto stupid thing I didn't know was when turning on a diesel car you are supposed to turn through ignition one click to let the glo plugs heat up first a few seconds before starting the car. I have been driving 10 years petrol and diesel and never ever been told that by anyone.
My dh didn't believe me and said it's something absolt everything everyone knows.
Xx

never knew this...how would that work with modern cars that are push button?

A friend at university went to the shop to get a lettuce and returned with a cabbage and genuinely did not seem to know the difference! Lol

DH still buys cabbage everytime I ask him to buy iceberg lettuce :rofl:

I don't know, with pusj button you still have to put the key thing in dont you? Then press start so either you don't have to do it on those or it's automatic?
And my dh drives a 57 plate chrysler and it stays you must wait for the glow plug indicator light before switching the ignition so not only applicable if you drive an old car.
Xx

My first diesel you had to wait a few seconds but with my 2nd diesel you could just turn it on straight away.

People who think India is in the Middle East :dohh:

I didn't know that it snows in South Africa :haha: it is "Africa" it should be hot all year :rofl:

I don't know, with pusj button you still have to put the key thing in dont you? Then press start so either you don't have to do it on those or it's automatic?
And my dh drives a 57 plate chrysler and it stays you must wait for the glow plug indicator light before switching the ignition so not only applicable if you drive an old car.
Xx

I'm not sure how that works, my dad's is diesel and has a push start, he doesn't have to put the key in just has to have it in his pocket :wacko:

We had a diesel once and always had to turn the key once, wait a few seconds and then turn it again to start the car up. It's something to do with the diesel warming up but I'm not sure what exactly

My great uncle in his late 70s thought everyone had an Adams Apple, he only found out when I corrected him about a month ago. It still took some convincing.

The way some people park.

I had a friend ask me where your brain was when I had asked her not to stick stuff up her nose it could be dangerous. She was serious. One of many stupid things she said in her 20s.

People that walk past the "private property " sign for a walk in the garden , the signs mean you arnt allowed in.

Cyclists who cycle on the road beside the bike path made for them?? why?

girls who wear massive heals to festivals, mud stones etc.

Haven't read all of the thread but lots of them so far have made me chuckle.

The one i've highlighted though i thought id respond to as I'm one of those people that cycles next to the cycle lane at times. The reason for doing so is that in my area lots of the roads are tree lined and so the roots push up the tarmac - as the cycle lanes are normally alone side the curb this means that the cycle lane is extremely bumpy and dangerous. Also lots of rubbish is at the curbs and this can cause punchers. plus sometimes it pays to be more visible and further into the actual road :thumb up:

Trying hard to think of some common sense stuff but can't at the moment.

thats okay i once said to my dad..
'dad my passports run out, doesnt that mean im in this country illegally?'
i didnt understand why he was laughing at me :s

Dunno if this really counts but one of my friends recently informed me that moths are old butterflies.... Um..... :haha:

Most of my peeves are spelling/grammar related though ;) lol.

Up until recently I thought hens and chickens were 2 different things because whenever I've brought eggs they always say "hens eggs"

I still don't understand why they need to be labelled if that's the case :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->