Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

My heads blown at a few of these. :rofl:

Oh God, this is embarrassing. :blush:

Until I met DH I thought flaccid penises stayed the same length as when they were erect. I never knew they got smaller. DH still gives me crap about it. :rofl:

Omg I have tears rolling down my face. I actually read that first time as if your dh's penis gets smaller when erect :haha::haha::haha:

I always thought that asparagus was called sparagus and people said "can I have a sparagus"

I genuinely thought Jimmy saville was called jimmel and the words to the song were jimmel fix it for u!

And up until last month when I started a new job and started working next to one, I thought matalan was called mataland!

There is no hope for me!

:haha: this thread is so funny.

I have my toaster on 5 and it definitely takes less than 5 minutes.

Up until I was 16 I thought baa baa black sheep went have you any MORE. I always wondered what they wanted more of.

:haha: this thread is so funny.

I have my toaster on 5 and it definitely takes less than 5 minutes.

Up until I was 16 I thought baa baa black sheep went have you any MORE. I always wondered what they wanted more of.

Huh? Thats not how the song goes??!! What is it then? Genuinely shocked!

I thought when you got new tyres you got a whole new wheel. I told hubby I was glad I'd get rid if the dent.

I'm glad he put me right before I went to the garage!

I thought this too up until about 6 months ago, I was actually baffled when OH explained it.

I also thought that pineapples grew on trees, I've just asked OH and he did too lol

Embarrassing but when OH mentioned under soil heating for football pitches I actually thought it was to warm the players :wacko:

I thought when you got new tyres you got a whole new wheel. I told hubby I was glad I'd get rid if the dent.

I'm glad he put me right before I went to the garage!

I thought this too up until about 6 months ago, I was actually baffled when OH explained it.

:

Glad it's not just me!
Modified: they peel the black bit off and use a machine to put a new one on.

Also car related but when I got car insurance for the first time they asked me if it was right or left hand drive. I drive in the left side of the road but the steering wheel is on the right. I just said um the normal one. I still don't know!

I'm going to look at my toaster in the morning.

A big one that gets me about others is letting their LOs play in hot tubs. There's an increased risk of heat stroke for kids, way higher than for adults. But at the campground where I work, we are constantly chasing kids and their pool toys out of ours.

A big one that gets me about others is letting their LOs play in hot tubs. There's an increased risk of heat stroke for kids, way higher than for adults. But at the campground where I work, we are constantly chasing kids and their pool toys out of ours.

I had to read this a couple of times as I generally thought you meant filling paddling pools up with warm water lol

Years ago my DH did not believe me that Egypt was in Africa until I looked it up and showed him.

I actually had this conversation with my oh last week! Including looking up a map on my phone to show him! We were talking about holiday destinations at the time.

I also had a debate with someone at work recently about the meaning of 'approximately'.
For the record, I said that it means almost exactly, roughly etc and they were saying that it was an exact amount. I really hope that I'm right after posting this :haha:

You are right Loozle ;)

I waa watching tv with my ex and a text checker advert for cars was on the tv and I said 'what would it say if you text it and your car was in the driveway then?' He creased up laughing and from then on if jacob ever left the room he'd say something like 'wheres jacob? Let me just text my baby checker to see of I can get an exact location'

I think the onto stupid thing I didn't know was when turning on a diesel car you are supposed to turn through ignition one click to let the glo plugs heat up first a few seconds before starting the car. I have been driving 10 years petrol and diesel and never ever been told that by anyone.
My dh didn't believe me and said it's something absolt everything everyone knows.
Xx

My oh didn't know you are not allowed to serve a police officer in uniform alcohol

I think the onto stupid thing I didn't know was when turning on a diesel car you are supposed to turn through ignition one click to let the glo plugs heat up first a few seconds before starting the car. I have been driving 10 years petrol and diesel and never ever been told that by anyone.
My dh didn't believe me and said it's something absolt everything everyone knows.
Xx

Lol I hate it when people stRt my car without waiting.

I learned in a diesel as well and the instructor never said, I wonder if it isn't really common knowledge?
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->