Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

I only found out last week that the little triangle next to the petrol pump icon on the dashboard in the car indicates which side the petrol cap on. I've spent years getting out of the car to check before pulling up to the pump.

A friend at university went to the shop to get a lettuce and returned with a cabbage and genuinely did not seem to know the difference! Lol

whoever over fills the shared bin out the back here so the dogs can pull all their rubbish out has no common sense.

I only found out last week that the little triangle next to the petrol pump icon on the dashboard in the car indicates which side the petrol cap on. I've spent years getting out of the car to check before pulling up to the pump.

Omg I did not know this!!!

When me and OH first got together we were cooking a pizza and he went to put it in the hot oven still in it's plastic wrapping and didn't realise you had to take it out! I thought it was really cute. X

My friends Mum was talking about the council having put sleeping policemen in the road near her work & my friend thought she meant actual policemen & had no idea it was another term for a speedbump.

Her Mum tells the story as often as possible!

Omg I did not know this!!!

I know....it blew my mind when I found out. We have two cars and petrol caps are on opposite sides...I always forget which ones which...now I don't have to get out to check!

I didn't know this either.. I never know which side my cap is on, I'm forever having to pull up before the pump and check :dohh:

This thread is making me feel stupid :haha:

I thought pineapples grew on trees for years.

Haha I just turned to oh and said did you know pineapples don't grow on trees........he's pissing himself laughing, I always thought they did:haha:

I only recently figured out the dial on the toaster is for the amount of minutes the toast stays down for. I thought the numbers were temperature settings.

And when I was very young I thought when you ate food it went down into your legs, I always wondered why people's legs weren't bigger if that's where all our food was going!

My toaster is always set on number 5 but takes three minutes!

And I had to google how pineapples grow, even OH (who I think is very intelligent!) assumed they grew on trees! Feel silly now :blush:

So im watching embarrassing bodies and it just showed were the liver is.. Like not too far under your boob. I thought it was like at the bottom, like hip area...

Back into the cow thing. Until I was about 22 I thought all cows (girls and boys) could produce milk. I had no idea it was just female cows who just have birth, I presumed they were just born with a milk producing ability!!

Until just now I didn't even think about the fact there must be boy cows and girl cows lol. I wish I wasn't learning things from this thread ha ha ha

My cousin (14) told me the other day she thought Tenerife was in Wales, I couldn't stop laughing :haha:

Back into the cow thing. Until I was about 22 I thought all cows (girls and boys) could produce milk. I had no idea it was just female cows who just have birth, I presumed they were just born with a milk producing ability!!

Cows only produce milk just after giving birth? Ooh!

I thought when you got new tyres you got a whole new wheel. I told hubby I was glad I'd get rid if the dent.

I'm glad he put me right before I went to the garage!

Do you not? Is it like a bike then? :wacko:

I thought gammon was a type of game bird :blush: shows what 7 years or so of vegetarianism does to your knowledge of meats.

What is gammon?! Other than awful...

I only recently figured out the dial on the toaster is for the amount of minutes the toast stays down for. I thought the numbers were temperature settings.

And when I was very young I thought when you ate food it went down into your legs, I always wondered why people's legs weren't bigger if that's where all our food was going!

My toaster definitely isn't in minutes! I have mine on 6 and it only stays down for 3 minutes (yep, just went and timed it....)!

I thought that about legs too - cause my brother was very tall, very skinny but ate like a pig and my mum always said the food went to his legs.

So im watching embarrassing bodies and it just showed were the liver is.. Like not too far under your boob. I thought it was like at the bottom, like hip area...

I couldn't tell you were anything is in the body! I know the heart is in the general vicinity of the left hand side of my chest...

I have no common sense. None.

This is a common occurrence... I just can't get my brain to ever compute that plastic will melt in extremely hot surroundings.
66797_482748212961_7073736_n.jpg

My cousin (14) told me the other day she thought Tenerife was in Wales, I couldn't stop laughing :haha:

I actually thought that Bangladesh was in Wales until recently someone was like no its in India and I was like no way it's in Wales my cousin went to university there lol

I told my oh that there really isn't much sea (like a few miles) between Alaska and Russia...

Omg this thread is funny as!

:rofl:

I had to explain what a cervix was to my late husband - he literally had no idea, despite having been present at the birth of one of his sons. I asked him what he thought was dilating when they said how dilated she was and he looked at me and said 'eh, I don't know, the fanny?'

:rofl:

I actually thought that Bangladesh was in Wales until recently someone was like no its in India and I was like no way it's in Wales my cousin went to university there lol

The other way round but I thought Bangor uni was in India for ages. I found it really odd that half of my class were applying.

I thought Bangor was Indian also, and that Jamaica was in Africa. Years ago my DH did not believe me that Egypt was in Africa until I looked it up and showed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->