Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

My oh only told me this a few weeks ago when we brought our diesel.

Wiping the washing line BEFORE you put the washing on it....I would like to thank my OH for adding this one *goes off to put whites in the wash again*

The diesel thing shouldn't be necessary nowadays unless you are running an old motor.

I had to tell my friend a few years ago that not all batteries could be recharged :dohh: She was talking to me about a toy she bought for her son for christmas a few years ago, she complained that it wasn't working anymore even after she had recharged the batteries. She asked if I would have a look and see if I could do anything with it, i said ok. A few minutes later she returned with the toy and when I opened it, they were normal duracell batteries. They were leaking and the inside of the toy was corroded, I asked if they were the batteries she had recharged and she said yes lol. I told her she was really lucky they didn't explode.
She was really surprised that not all batteries could be recharged.

This is the same friend who couldn't keep the shock out of her voice when she seen a photo of my OH after I came back from South Africa and she realised he was white. :haha:

I had to tell my friend a few years ago that not all batteries could be recharged :dohh: She was talking to me about a toy she bought for her son for christmas a few years ago, she complained that it wasn't working anymore even after she had recharged the batteries. She asked if I would have a look and see if I could do anything with it, i said ok. A few minutes later she returned with the toy and when I opened it, they were normal duracell batteries. They were leaking and the inside of the toy was corroded, I asked if they were the batteries she had recharged and she said yes lol. I told her she was really lucky they didn't explode.

This is the same friend who couldn't keep the shock out of her voice when she seen a photo of my OH after I came back from South Africa and she realised he was white. :haha:

It's so easy to quote mean girls right now :haha:

It's so easy to quote mean girls right now :haha:
That was on tv a while ago and it made me laugh a lot more than it should have at that part because I thought of my friend. She seriously didn't think there were white people in Africa, she was completely gobsmacked when I told her he spoke Afrikaans AND English :haha:

A big one that gets me about others is letting their LOs play in hot tubs. There's an increased risk of heat stroke for kids, way higher than for adults. But at the campground where I work, we are constantly chasing kids and their pool toys out of ours.

I had to read this a couple of times as I generally thought you meant filling paddling pools up with warm water lol

LOL. I guess I can see where it could be taken that way. But I mean the "spa" tubs with HOT water and jets. The one on our property is so big it can be mistaken for a kiddy pool at a glance, but it's 4 feet deep and the water is 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

I thought Piccadilly Circus was Leicester Square....pretty much until last year, every time I went to Piccadilly Circus I knew Leicester Square was down a bit further but thought there was another foundation with big advertising screens.

I used to think East Anglia was abroad, although this was back when I was a teenager.

I told hubby what good parkers pilots are to be able to pull planes right up next to those stairs on wheels....yup.

I once had to explain to a grown man how a woman could still pee despite using a tampon....

I thought Piccadilly Circus was Leicester Square....pretty much until last year, every time I went to Piccadilly Circus I knew Leicester Square was down a bit further but thought there was another foundation with big advertising screens.

I used to think East Anglia was abroad, although this was back when I was a teenager.

I told hubby what good parkers pilots are to be able to pull planes right up next to those stairs on wheels....yup.

I once had to explain to a grown man how a woman could still pee despite using a tampon....

:rolf: *sends you a virtual hug*

A big one that gets me about others is letting their LOs play in hot tubs. There's an increased risk of heat stroke for kids, way higher than for adults. But at the campground where I work, we are constantly chasing kids and their pool toys out of ours.

I had to read this a couple of times as I generally thought you meant filling paddling pools up with warm water lol

LOL. I guess I can see where it could be taken that way. But I mean the "spa" tubs with HOT water and jets. The one on our property is so big it can be mistaken for a kiddy pool at a glance, but it's 4 feet deep and the water is 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

yeah i cant imagine a child would like that anyways! lol

U should of just said we don't :haha:

Haha I wish I'd have been quick thinking enough to say something really bizarre so he'd think that for life, but I was so shocked I just answered in disbelief lol.

I spent 7 weeks working on a renal ward, watched 2 kidney transplants, then spent 4 weeks working on a urology ward. I only today found out where our kidneys our :dohh:

I spent 7 weeks working on a renal ward, watched 2 kidney transplants, then spent 4 weeks working on a urology ward. I only today found out where our kidneys our :dohh:

Haha that's just reminded me of a few months back. I was getting a hand over from a newly qualified nurse , he was telling about my patients prostate problem................I work on an all female ward:haha:
He had gotten himself a little bit muddled :haha:

My sister was learning to drive. The instructor asked her to reverse around the corner. She asked 'which gear do I need?' Doh.

I used to think that Hastings and Dunkirk were in Scotland!? :blush:

Dunkirk does sound like it could be Scottish though - it doesn't sound particularly French.

i have a few, some are just blonde moments though..

I thought when i was younger, the weather man made the weather..
i was shocked when i found out that you had to pay electric in your home, i couldnt understand why you had to pay for light bulbs, tvs, etc as well as paying to run them..
when we was going through the tunnel that takes u to france my dad pointed to the sat nav and said 'oh look u can see the fishes in the sea' i turned in amazement to only be dissapointed there was no fishes on the sat nav.. i was about 17 :blush:
i got in a lift the other day, we was on the 3rd floor, going to the 1st, i thought when you press the button to call the lift u press the up arrow if the lift is down (so your calling it to come up to get you) i didnt know u press the up/down button depending if your going up or down..

my mum thought the 'Humber Bridge' was in London, infact she thinks everything is in London..
i am in Leeds which i think is north west?? anyway my mum always says are we going up south.. yep that makes sense..

my OH thinks 'smitten' means your annoyed or something... if someone does something and another person isnt happy with it he says 'ooo shes smitten' he doesnt believe me and my dad that smitten means you like something or in love with it.. bless him!!

i didnt know cows were girls, i thought bulls were just related to cows :s

Only discovered today that bananas shouldn't be kept with other fruits because they cause fruit to ripen and spoil really quickly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->