Things you can't live without

Hehehe I posted the same thread in the Baby/Toddler area :)

zinc barrier creme! A vibrating/bouncy chair, they are great, ummm gripe water too.

What's zinc barrier cream? For Mum or Baby? I'm allergic to zinc.

I think she means like Peneten cream? You can get just tubs of zinc cream though, which is what I'll probably use. I use zinc cream for everything...cuts, razor burn, burns, etc. Its for the baby, helps prevent diaper rash. Puts a barrier between the baby's skin and the diaper.

lol ya, that is it! All I could remember was the blue tins it comes in with the baby on the front. It is the BEST stuff, any sign of redness, or even if your baby is just having a poopie day then you can use it. It keeps the diapers fro rubbing and also keeps bacteria from forming.

I cant believe someone is actually allergic to it though lol... I have never heard of that.

I don't know what Peneten cream is either! :rofl: It sounds like the uses we have for sudacreme, I hope that doesn't have zinc in...

I didn't used to be allergic to it, I don't have any other allergies at all. When I got my first pair of Doc Marten's when I was about 12 I had to wear plasters on my heels for about 6 months while I broke them in. I fabric plasters that have a zinc-based adhesive. I started to get perfect squares of rash where the adhesive was so ahve to have hypoallergenic plasters now. It's actually not that uncommon (hence there being hypoallergenic plasters).

Oooh no good. Here most diaper rash creams are zinc-based. You might want to check that out

ya hunny, most things like diaper rash creme definately have zinc in it... That is the key ingredient to preventing the rash and helping fight the bacteria that causes fungus and infections.

I have a sample pot of sudacreme so I'll check it out. I can always put on gloves! But I think it needs to be prolonged contact for my to come up in a rash so it will probably be ok. We'll just have to see! lol

I have 5 children. The one thing I wouldn't do without? A sling. Keeps baby happy and leaves you free to get on :)

We got a forehead strip thermometer although we were told to use it on his chest rather than his forehead if you were looking for something cheap. Ours is really accurate too.

xxx

I have a sample pot of sudacreme so I'll check it out. I can always put on gloves! But I think it needs to be prolonged contact for my to come up in a rash so it will probably be ok. We'll just have to see! lol

That is interesting (I mean it too haha) we use zinc based barriers etc all the time in the hospital and ive seriously not once heard of an allergy lol! But I suppose its not like it cant happen, of course.

Can't live without the baby sleeper! Joseph sleeps with me in his little sleeper thing, it folds up into a bagish thing, and when you unfold it it's like a little bed with holes on the sides so you can see eachother!
Also the bassinette. Did wonders for me!
If I did it all again the one thing I wouldn't buy is a crib. He hasn't used it once and won't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->