Things you'd wish you'd known BEFORE going to the hospital?

this thread is so interesting thanks everyone for the advice

This thread is great :) I'm due in 5 days and have found loads of tips and things I didn't know!

that bringing laptop and ipod were useless. Once in full labor your in too much pain to focus on them, and once the baby is born your too busy to care their there

Yep, this is an absolutely genius thread! I'm 4 days late today - so good go know what I'm in for. Cheers to everyone that's contributed! X

This is really interesting! Seems so far away, I know it'll be here in no time. x

I was induced and i didn't realise i'd be stuck on the antenatal ward until i was 6cm! (no room in the delivery suite)

I wish I'd known that I really didn't mind having internal exam/ people looking at my nooni when in labour (only medical staff, OH was told to stay away!). I know everyone says it but it is so true!!! And that stitches etc were fine, and that I shouldn't have worried about tearing, crowning etc and finally....

That I could do without the epidural!!! I was convinced I would have one, but I didn't have to!!

Labour for me personal wasn't that bad I actually enjoyed it lol the stiches was the worst bit bit that's because the numbing injection didn't wotmrk but gas and air was bloody brillient for it lol

Also if ur like me and don't like other people sheets take a dressing gown so U can have that to snuggle in while ur there , I didn't and really wish I had :( would have made the whole hospital stay so much better good luck to all of U expecting ur babys so jelous xx

My best advice is to not rely on getting an epidural...prepare yourself just in case! They do not work on everyone...me included!!:cry:

Just a quick question - if all is ok with me and the baby can I insist on going home and refuse to stay in hospital? I hate the thought of OH having to go home on his own after becoming a daddy for the first time.

Great thread for us first timers (sorry, I'm kind of board crashing from 2nd tri)

x

Just a quick question - if all is ok with me and the baby can I insist on going home and refuse to stay in hospital? I hate the thought of OH having to go home on his own after becoming a daddy for the first time.

Great thread for us first timers (sorry, I'm kind of board crashing from 2nd tri)

x

This is a great question, if anyone knows the answer I'd love to know. Xx

x

I've just posted something similar about how I don't want to stay alone...

:flow:

x

Hi ladies!
i hope my experience can help you...

I gave birth to my baby girl 3 weeks ago. She was born at 7.48pm. I lost 600mls of blood, and had stitches.
The midwives recommended i stay overnight on the ward - because of the blood loss, because it was my first baby, and also because it was late at night.
But i really wanted to go home with my OH, and spend our first night together as a family.
So i told them i was going home! i took a long shower, got myself dressed, and waited for my paperwork to be completed.
At 1am, i was finally discharged, and we all went home together!
It was wonderful to all snuggle up together in our own bed, for our first night as a family.

The hospital staff can only advise you, they cant make you stay overnight.
Good luck to you all!!

x

Hi ladies!

I gave birth to my baby girl 3 weeks ago. She was born at 7.48pm. I lost 600mls of blood, and had stitches.
The midwives recommended i stay overnight on the ward - because of the blood loss, because it was my first baby, and also because it was late at night.
But i really wanted to go home with my OH, and spend our first night together as a family.
So i told them i was going home! i took a long shower, got myself dressed, and waited for my paperwork to be completed.
It was wonderful to all snuggle up together in our own bed, for our first night as a family.

Good luck to you all!!

Also remember it's on you as well if something does happen. I would go home too...but if you got sick or something was up etc there is no blame to be placed on the hospital :)

x

Hi ladies!

Good luck to you all!!

Also remember it's on you as well if something does happen. I would go home too...but if you got sick or something was up etc there is no blame to be placed on the hospital :)

Oh yes, i agree :)

I wish I'd have known that inductions lead to more interventions.

That i had a choice :( - i didnt realise i could say no when the wanted to do something e.g. examine me, up my induction drip - the induction at all for that matter.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->