Thinking Ahead

emdeb

Mummy to Aiden
Reaction score
My dad has told me and DH that him and my mum are going to buy our nappies when it comes to it :happydance: and I thought I was all set to have the Flip nappies. I have now however, been reading good reviews on the Close Parent Pop-In especially for night time so I am now in 2 minds on what to get.

My thoughts were:
Pop-In Dream Dri multipack of 10
Flip Day Pack (2 covers and 6 inserts)

In addition to that I would be buying:
A couple of the pop-in night time boosters
2/3 Weenotions
2/3 bumgenius

I plan to go to the baby show at the NEC with my aunt who's just had her baby so I am hoping to pick up the nappies if they have a good offer while there and hide them up at my parents until needed.

Do you think this amount would be enough to get started with or would it pay to get the 20 mulipack of the pop-in and forget the Flip?

I'd take the flips any day, tbh. I found the pop-ins a bit ugly and went a bit crisp and rough too easily,

I use pop-ins at night and flips during the day so I obviously think you've made good choices there!!! I would buy less pop-ins and more flips - I find pop-ins great for night times but I've never wanted to use them during the day. Flips are much prettier and less bulky, and I think they're more comfortable for LO.

I wash every third day. To do that, I like to have 5 or 6 pop-ins (in case they get pooed in before she goes to sleep and to allow drying time - dream dri probably take about a day to dry on a rack in a warm-ish room, bamboo take me 3 days on a rack or 3 hours in the tumble dryer) and for the flips, I use 3 outers a day with maybe 6 inserts. I have 9 outers and about 25 inserts. That's more than enough, though with a young baby who could poo loads of times a day, you might need to wash the outers more often at first because it can get everywhere sometimes!

Thanks Rachel_C. I think I will do just that. We're going to wash every other day so I will probably get 4-5 pop-in and about 6 flips along with the others that I am going to buy.

If there are no good offers on the NEC baby show, i might go to the one at Earls Court in october (hopefully willbe preggers by then) and the new flip colours may be out :thumbup:

Id go with what Rachel said too, I use Pop-Ins at night a lot and they dont leak (get bamboo NOT dreamdri though!!) they arent 'pretty' but they work which is what you want for bedtime.
Flips are great for daytime as they are so slim and they look pretty smart and the work out well on the bank account, would get organics not stay dry. I like my staydry BUT Ive been using the organic Flip inserts in other pocket nappies which works much better than the staydry ones.

I use more nappies than Rachel seems too, Theo goes to "bed" around 7:30 dependant on when he has a feed and will be in a night nappy from then, he is changed when he wakes for his next feed around 10/11. He then goes through til 6am ish (he does feed inbetween but he doesnt wake enough for changing so I dont do it) when I change him so we usually need 2 or 3 nappies a night. He ALWAYS wriggles onto his side somehow so I use night nappies for each or those changes as others tend to leak when hes lay on his side.
Daytime changes vary but they are regular, at least 6 a day. So I will go through a minimum of 8 nappies in 24 hours. If I were to wash every 2 days Id be looking to need to have 40 nappies for a newborn unless I was ok to use the tumble drier everytime in which case 25 would do fine.
I would probably go for 10 pop-ins 6-8 Flip outers and 15 flip inserts and that would do a newborn and be more than enough then for as they get older.
Be aware that Pop-Ins can be bulky on a smaller NB, Theo was fine in them at 9lb birthweight but they go a bit like Weebles if they are much smaller!
Anyway will stress again....go with the bamboo pop-in not the dream dri. NB I find the bamboo inserts dry in the tumble drier in 90 minutes on low heat or 60 minutes low heat and a few hours on the airer right by the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->