this food business isnt going so well

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
as the title says my son is 9 months old and im really struggling to feed him proper food he had a really bad cold just over a month ago and he didnt want any food but now has decided he only want finger food that he steals off other people and meals i try to give him are rejected he wont open his mouth and will just start crying i do not know wht to do he still has about 6/7 bottles a day and i just cant get him off them he wont eat any food i try to give him he only wants what he can find for himself any ideas of what i can do? im really struggling and i feel like im doing such a rubbish job as he has no proper meals

He's only young so try and not worry too much. Think you need to just keep offering hun.

I think the best thing would be to take a step back, he is getting all he needs from his milk so you don't need to worry about him not getting enough. can you start giving him finger foods and just let him have a play and eat what he wants? Also, try eating with him so he can see you enjoying the food and so he can copy you. If you make the whole process a lot more relaxed you might find he calms down and starts eating better, i know if I try and force Dylan to eat it makes him upset and he won't even open his mouth, whereas when I let him choose what he eats we are both a lot happier.

Have you looked into BLW at all hun?
Sounds like your LO might take well to it and it's never too late to start.

I was going to suggest the same as Faille, sounds like LO is leaning in that direction anyway :hugs:

Yep, my baby won't open her mouth for a spoon offered by me, but is doing great with BLW. I think that would be best for you tbh...plenty of babies don't like being fed, it's nothing unusual.

thanks everyone no i havnt looked in to blw i will look it up now though i do mainly give him finger food now but i get stuck as to what to give him any idea for that girls?

Come and join the BLW support sticky :)

You can give pretty much anything, bar a few exceptions, and watching salt/sugar content.

Getting hold of the book 'Baby led weaning' by Gill Rapley is a good idea too.

Theres a sticky with finger food ideas at the top of this section too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->