This is really weird....

Melissa_M

Reaction score
So I have never heard of this but tonight when I was BFing my daughter I noticed she had some weird jelly-like bits on her face around her mouth. It must have come from my breast milk but I have no idea what it is or what it means....I hope it doesn't mean mastitis!!! :shock:

They were very small, and it looked like clear jello or something. Anybody know what this is?

I have no idea but ive never heard of it as a symptom of mastitis..
how strange x

It's very strange....I did notice it once before but I just thought it was milk, but this time I looked closely at it and it's jelly-like....and it's kind of sparkly haha

What breastpads do you use? My breast pad "leaked" gel onto my boob once and i found the exact same thing.

could it possibly be the secretions of the montgomery glands on your nipple? The montgomery glands on the nipples of BF'ing mummies secrete oil - and I imagine it can look a bit sparkly (never having seen it myself). Not sure about jelly-like but maybe someone else has more experience with this and can answer better?

Thanks girls!!! IT must be the breast pads...I'm using Johnson's...that's no good is it? A leaky breastpad?!?

Definitely not oil because I could pick it up...

Thanks girls!!! IT must be the breast pads...I'm using Johnson's...that's no good is it? A leaky breastpad?!?

Definitely not oil because I could pick it up...

It was johnsons that did it to me :growlmad:
I'd complain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->