this might sound like a silly question to some....

lisac25

mum to 2 beautiful girls♥
Reaction score
but how big are your hospital bags????
with my first i just packed a small bag for myself and one for my daughter, but my OH had to end up bringing loads of other stuff in for me, when we left think we had about 5 bags lol
so i was thinking this time i might just take a small suitcase/holdall with everthing in, but i can just imagine everyone rolling their eyes at me when i go into hosp, thinking what the hell is she doin....moving in lmao:rofl:

bag?pffft! suitcase here!! buuuut midwife coming today to talk about homebirth so suitcase might be a waste yet :o

with 1st son i didn't even have a bag packed, he wasn't born early or rushed i just kept putting it off and off until he came at 39weeks :lol: then grandad and ex had to keep going back and forth to home/hospital... thoughthen was only 5mins down road from hospital!

xXx

I've been packing mine and I've got 3 holdalls, one for labour, one for baby, and one for staying in hospital, and I'm really struggling to fit everything in!

The midwife told us all to bring as little as possible because the lockers aren't very big to put them in.

I have two large holdalls packed but think I need another small bag to fit bits in.
Its surprising how it all adds up :)

I've got a wheely suitcase for me and a small holdall for the baby. I've got enough clothes, undies, maternity pads, breast pads, bath towels, toiletries, nappies, blankets etc to last me and the baby several days as if I go into labour when my OH is in Norway and my Mum's away I'll be totally on my own so need to make sure I've got enough stuff as won't have anyone to bring anything in.

If my OH wasn't away I'd just have a small bag just for the odd bits I'll need in labour and immediately afterwards as I could guarantee that he could bring me in a 'staying in' bag of stuff for me and the baby once the baby was born.

i haven't bought my bag yet, i'm waiting to see how much stuff i need to take and then buy the bag for it to fit in xx

omg glad u asked !! i was jsut guna pack a holdall for us both :? but then if all ok u only stay in for few hrs dont u ? omg i scared now :lol:

i'm planning on having 3 bags - i have a really big handbag (gorgeous fcuk one my oh got me for xmas) which will fit most of my labour stuff in a big changing bag for baby's stuff and gonna get a holdall to leave in the car with extra changes of clothes etc if i have to stay overnight.....anyone know what the guidelines are as to how long you stay in with your first??

sara

xxxxx

I have one of those large handbag shopping type things from Matalan for my stuff and I'm using changing bag for bubs stuff.
I've fitted all my stuff in those 2 bags xox

Oh -this is so helpful - I was worrying about the same thing, Lisa!
I will feel so embarrassed arriving with a case (was imagining horrified/disapproving expressions from staff at the hospital) - but there's a lot of stuff to take, so I couldn't work out how people squeezed it into a tiny bag.

Relieved that some of you are taking several small-medium bags, or a suitcase - it makes me feel more normal!

We live an hour from the hospital and don't have a car, so it's not easy for my OH to nip back and get something - but I feel I want to have everything with me that I might need as soon as I go in. Relieved it's not going to be just me wheeling a case!

I've been packing mine and I've got 3 holdalls, one for labour, one for baby, and one for staying in hospital, and I'm really struggling to fit everything in!

The midwife told us all to bring as little as possible because the lockers aren't very big to put them in.

I've got 3 bags too, same as you. Can't think of any other way to do it!

baby has his changing bag and im going to put my stuff in one of those little solid case...

but will proberly put the laybour stuff in a bag inside my case that i can just pop out haha still yet to pack though lol

i think i am defo gonna go for a suitcase/holdall type thingy this time, better to take too much than not enough i spose, and who cares what anyone thinks lol x

I bought a large weekend bag from primark. I think it should be big enough when the time comes

i have a small/medium sized pull along suitcase & matching holdall. still only just managed 2 fit everthing in.. its cos i didnt know how much baby clothes 2 bring. i think i might have packed 2 many. i got 2 outfits, cardigan, 2 sleepsuits & 3 vests, 2 pair of socks, 2 hats & shawl lol. i wanted 2 pack more bt thought nah i'll prob only be in there 4 a 1 day x

I have a wheelie suitcase (but a small one), for me and baby, But the nappies won't fit, but i'm getting my change bag with my nappies from boots on Saturday so i think i will take that too!

I've got (in suitcase)
Mat notes
one box of breastpads
one pack of maternity pads
2 nighties
slippers
Deodrant (roll on)
toothpast/toothbrush
Shower gel/shampoo
cheap knickers
Nursing Bra's
Hairbrush
Nipple cream
Dressing gown??

3 newborn vests
3 baby gro's
1 cardigan
blanket
going home outfit
2 pairs Scratch mitts
Booties
2 hats

In Nappy Bag:
Nappy Bags
Nappy cream
Wet wipes (small bag)
Nappies
Cotton Wool Balls

Can anyone think of anything else i'll need?

xxx

i have all of Ernie's stuff in his changing bag,and my bits and pieces in a duffel type bag, but things id need for if i have stay in overnight im gonna leave in the car incase i dont have stay in!!

My hospital bag is massive.. got fed up with it too.
I know ive got baby essnetials and clothes for me and nightclothes.
What else eh!

Hello this is my list at the moment. Long stay will be in the car with my pillow hehe

Hospital Bags

Labour Bag

Nighty and black vest top
Boiled Sweeties/ snacks/ Drinks
Anti Bacterial wipes & Sprays
Birth Plan
Hospital Notes
Bio Oil
Socks
Underwear
Lip Balm
TENS Machine
Laptop or Netbook and Friends DVD's + CD's
Hair bands and bobbles
Tissues

For Hubby (in After Labour Bag)

Fresh T-Shirt
Socks and Pants
MP3 Player
Lots of Change
Magazines

After Labour Short Stay

Toiletries (including hubbys and baby wipes)
Dark Hand Towel x 2
Jogging Suit and vest top
Trainers
Breast Pads
Night Time Sanitary Pads or maternity pads
Big Pants x 4
Socks
Spare Change
List of Numbers
Nursing Bra
Nappy Bags
Make Up

After Labour Long Stay/over night stay (Keep in Car)

As above also
Pants x 5
Nighty and PJ's
Slippers
Ear Plugs
MP3 Player
Snacks
Phone Charger
V Pillow
2 Babygrows
2 Vests

For Baby (If short Stay)