This moment brought to you by pregnancy brain...

myra

Reaction score
Whether its caused by the rush or hormones or fatigue or just all the new information to take in, I'm discovering that there is some truth to the existence of pregnancy brain! Some of these moments are frustrating but others make me chuckle.

Since I figure we can all use reasons to laugh (in the midst of worrying about x, y & z), I'm starting this thread where we can share these moments and have a smile. So I'll start with one of mine from yesterday.......

I was warming up my dinner in the microwave, and when it beeped, I went and opened the fridge to remove it. :dohh:

I just opened the car door instead of the window whilst we were driving... Woops! Xx

PB hit me hard durning my first trimester. I would be cooking,go to my room and just fall asleep forgetting about the food:dohh: it got burnt but luckily mom was there to switch off the stove.

The day when the kitchen was on fire:dohh: my fault I was making fries,I saw I didn't turn of the switch but yet left the kitchen when I went back kitchen was on fire(wasn't that burnt).

Put mine and DHs dinner in the slow cooker, turned it on... Then unplugged it. :dohh:

Yesterday... put my engagement ring on my right hand, instead of the left. Don't even recall playing with it or moving it! The DH nearly lost his mind when he didn't see it on my wedding finger, asked me where it was, and I also started freaking out because I had no idea where it was! lol

Needless to say... he thought I was pretty crazy when I was looking through my pockets and my purse for it, scared I hooked it on something... and he casually points out that it's on my other hand. :dohh:

These are great!! :laugh2: Lots of laughing out loud going on here

Hahahaha great thread! I had plenty of incidents last week just can't recall any right now but I will post something as soon as I remember

Made my 5 year old some toast and when the toaster went off I realized I never put the bread in!

I have started this new habit of sitting on my couch by myself without the tv on. I could this for a good hour without realizing it. Idk if its preggo brain or me going crazy :shrug:

I made soup today. I put all the ingredients in the pot and WALKED OFF AND LEFT IT to boil... 15-20 minutes latter when smoke started to drift into the office from the kitchen I remembered... :dohh:

And my OH is sick so he didn't smell it burning even though he was in the living room and much closer to the kitchen... Oh boy! :haha:

I wrote the date on a document at work this week as 2010!

Boss asking me about something at work and me replying "oh I didn't do that job" then realizing 5 minutes later I had in fact done it and only about half an hour before that lol but the worst thing was getting paid $300 in an envelope, sitting it somewhere then completely forgetting where I sat it! Spent the whole weekend looking for it to find it somewhere completely different to what I originally thought! And to make it worse I'm only 9 1/2 weeks lol

I got some ice cream and then I went to put it back in the fridge instead of the freezer ^^

Also I put some bread in the toaster, then left. It popped up, but my left ear is blocked so I heard a noise but didn't know what it was. So I had cold toast half an hour later ^^

Oh god I'm just at 5 weeks but lots!!!
Took the house phone to work instead of my mobile...

Having a conversation and stopping midway and completely forgetting what I was on about..

Wrapping a present and loosing the Sellotape, it was in our other room- a room I don't even remember going in?!

Oh and I keep wearing one earring a lot.. Forgetting to put another one in and realising a few hours later!!

The midwife asked me at my booking in appointment where I was born and I couldn't remember...:xmas13:

:haha:

some of these are super funny! im only in my 4th week but when i was pregnant with my LO i pretty sure my OH once found the kettle in the fidge :wacko:

Yesterday I was out doing errands and just drove straight through a solid red light...good thing the drivers in the cross street weren't so similarly affected by pregnancy brain and let me pass safely through! :dohh:

Also, as I was driving down a street I traveled many times, I noticed one of the street signs for the 1st time. I thought it was a strange name but a great coincidence to be named Sonogram Ave...it was only when I was directly below it did I see that I was clearly baby obsessed and made up my own name for Rockingham Ave!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->