This moment brought to you by pregnancy brain...

Great stories ladies!

I went to the cupboard to get a tin of tuna for my toasty today and came back with the iron :haha: I do this kind of stupid stuff all the time so I'm not sure it's pregnancy brain!

Oh these crack me up!

Smartphone in the...
-- Freezer (Instead of groceries... Good job)
-- Bathroom (walk in, set it down, do business, take an empty white soap dish instead of my dark blue and black phone)
-- Pocket (but of course I went ballistic looking for it everywhere including the grocery store where someone pointed to the bulge in my pocket. I felt like a moron :dohh: )
-- Garbage (While I'd often like to throw my dumbphone away... I tossed it instead of my microwave dinner tray and then was perplexed an hour later as to why the bin was ringing under the sink)

The TV remote has followed much the same journey as the phone, too.

I also find myself picking fights and coming with with complete nonsense as to the reason for my aggression.

OH: Hey what's wrong!? Why are you mad at me!?
ME: BECAUSE WOMBATS ARE GRAY AND GRAPES ARE OUT OF SEASON, THE COLOR PINK ASSAULTS MY SENSES AND DOUG ISN'T ON TV! I LOVE LAMP!
OH: ... I'm having trouble breaking that code.

Thank God he loves me.

Finished cooking something & left the burner on, hubby went in the kitchen 40mins later to ind the pan smoking & black (luckily I had left it on a very low flame!)

Forgetting parts of my job at work & not being able to explain to boss why.

LOL! Pretty funny stories here..love this thread..

Mine.. went to the bathroom brushed my teeth, did mouthwash, then when i got back to the bedroom i remembered that i actually got up to get me some milk!

Another one that just happened this morning.. I woke up trying to remember what i was dreaming but couldnt recall it..so i looked at hubby and asked him if he could remind me..

Dont know if thats PB but i sounded pretty messed up..

These are brilliant!!

- I started running a bath, shut the door and went back to the computer. By the time I remembered the bath was running I went back in and the water was almost over flowing and cold! well, at least I can trust the overflow so we dont get flooded!

-My friend messaged me and said her dad was coming to see her and that he even got a bnb. I just thought babyandbump and couldnt work out what she meant! Of course she meant a Bed and Breakfast!!

:)

Funny now, not so much at the moment

My daughter rides the bus to school, and home from school, most days, unless she has an after school event.

My neighbor's son asked me where my daughter was since she wasn't on the bus, and I started freaking out. Called school, they didn't have her, called the bus company, they didnt' have her, called the other school where she transfers buses, THEY didn't have her. By this time I'm in tears and fearing the worse (by the way we live in a very small town, not a big city or anything, but things can and do happen everywhere).

As, I'm getting ready to call the police department to report my daughter missing (YIPES!) One of my BFF's calls to ask me if she is bringing my daughter by me, or dropping her off at the sitter's, she couldn't remember if I had to work tonight and my daughter and her daughter's had cheerleading.

It just made me cry harder. My LO is very active and I keep very good track of her schedule and even sent the note with her to school today to let the teacher know that she was getting picked up instead of on the bus and I FORGOT, I NEVER FORGET, once my OH calmed down he just burst out laughing at me because I'm always so organized and completely lost it. SCARIEST moment of my life though, and I don't think I'll be telling my ex-husband that I thought someone kidnapped our daughter or something, as I'm truly not going crazy and he would probably worry that I am.

This happened when I was about 12 weeks pregnant on Labor day. Husband was off work for Labor day and I woke up that morning to find him not in bed. I hear him coming through the door so I get up and see he has bought breakfast. I am thinking that was nice of him to get up early and go get breakfast but before I could set down to eat I had a run to the bathroom because I had morning sickness. When I came back to eat there was a dozen of roses a big box of candy and a card. I said it not a holiday and my husband said yes it is. I then said Its Labor Day but who gets presents on Labor Day. Then my kids all say at the same time Happy Anniversary. I can not believe I completely forgot my Anniversary and even the presents didn't trigger me remembering. It was my 16th anniversary never forgot before but completely forgot. I have had pregnancy brain bad this time:dohh:

this morning I started to do the washing up with oven gloves on :dohh:

Yesterday in class, I was writing notes on the board for students to copy. A student raised her hand to say that she didn't understand what I'd written. So I tried explaining it to her verbally in another way. Her response, "I get what you're saying but what you wrote doesn't make any sense." I looked at the board and saw that I kept leaving key words out of sentences, so my notes really didn't make ANY sense!

Finished cooking something & left the burner on, hubby went in the kitchen 40mins later to ind the pan smoking & black (luckily I had left it on a very low flame!)

Forgetting parts of my job at work & not being able to explain to boss why.

I get what you're saying about the issue at work! I run our Department meetings and at our last meeting, I started to explain something and then mid-sentence I forgot what I was talking about....there was a long awkward pause where everyone was just looking at me and for the life of me I didn't know WHAT it was I meant to say :dohh:

I went to get my flu jab today and was sat in the waiting room for over 10 minutes before I remembered that I had not actually used the self check in system. The appointment was with the nurse and I was next in so I could have spent 3 minutes there instead of 15. :dohh:

Love these and now must stalk. I will add some when I remember them lol.

I forgot to put the Yorkshire Pudding in the oven :cry:
Best part of a Roast dinner too!!! :hissy:

Put the toaster away in the food pantry. Getting my remote car key out of my purse to open the front door to our house! lol

This morning I took the wet clothes out of the washing machine... Put then in the tumble dryer... Then moved it all back to the washing machine to dry it.

I told my 3 year old to put his shoes and hat on because it's time to put his bedtime diaper on.

I put the dishes through the dishwasher without soap and wondered why they were still dirty!!

ahhhahahaahaa I love this thread! so glad I came across it tonight!! well I have had many but here is one that was witnessed by someone else---embarrasing!!!

So I was helping a dad whose 2 boys I was babysitting for get the boys in the car since he was already late taking them somewhere. Since he was in a rush, I was too, I asked if he wanted a capri son for his youngest-took out the juice that was blocking the capri suns, gave him one, ran out the door behind him-locking it and realizing I still had the juice in my hand!! I was like...oops, it is cold outside, guess I'll leave it on the steps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->