This really pissed me off!!

Beautywithin

Mummy of two
Reaction score
So my best friend since school day's said to me today, how do you feel noing that Paris and your lil man wont be proper brother and sister. I said in my eyes they will, i would'nt make an issue out of it untill paris is older and ask's

She then went on to say that it will be dam obvious they arnt real brother and sister because they have different dad's i.e ( they wont look alike ) after that i was ready to snap. i have a twin brother. and we look nothing and i mean nothing alike. not even the same eye colour.. so her point was??!!

Then finally she said. that she wants all her kids to be fathered by the one man.. in a ideal world would'nt we all like that??!!

She new what a idiot my ex was, and knows how much happier i am now.

Mayb im being over sensitive at the moment, but it felt like she was having a lil dig :growlmad:

:hugs: it was a dumb thing to say, and you are right to be annoyed but in all likleyhood she didnt even think about what she was saying :hugs:

:gun: how dare she say that, of course they will be brother and sister!! grrr xxx

erm no you are not being oversensitive, me being me i would have said to her, right so why are you acting like a pratt today then? time of the month? jealousy?

Silly girl, either she wouldnt no tact if it slapped her in the face or she is trying to needle you for some reason. There is nothing to be ashamed of, having kids to different dads. What about the poor ladies whom lose partners young to illnesses/accidents? are they not meant to have more babies....how ridiculous. Tell her to take her rose tinted glasses off.

Your kids will be loved equally and treated equally i am sure they will grow up not giving one hoot that there is different dads.

:hugs: That is just horrible!! I would be quite upset as well. I didn't get any comments like that from friends (yet), but I'm sure people have been talking. Unfortunately, I have gotten "wonderful" comments from my mother. (My DD is going to be 5yrs old - we left her Dad before she was 2) The first thing she said when my new DH and I found out we were pregnant was "Don't forget about DD, just because this new one is going to be yours and DH's, that's no reason to push her aside like she doesn't matter!" WTF?! I just hung up on her - I have full custody of my DD because her Dad was too busy playing sports to take care of her.. She is my little angel and best friend, always will be - and DH treats her better than her Dad ever did or will - she even calls him Papa and they have a special bond. You really have to wonder about some people...

You're not being over sensitive...she had no right to say anything like that to you. You handled it better then I would of. I can't believe people still feels like that. I'd dismiss her as a friend.

Not 'real' brother and sister?! Yes they are, they are half, they have the same mummy! Still blood relations! My baby will have two half sisters (my OH daughters) and I expect them to all have the same relationship as if they were full sisters. There's no difference as far as I'm concerned. People always have to stick their oar in don't they? Everyone's got an opinion, but people's lives never turn out the way they plan do they? I mean I didn't wake up one day and say 'ok, I'm going to go get myself involved with a man who was married (but seperated) with two small daughters and a very messy break-up and leave my partner of four years for him' but thats what happened and I've never been happier. Everyone had an opinion for me then and still do, especially now I'm pregnant, but I don't give a stuff. Don't let it bother you hon, usually people who say stuff like this say it simply because they have never been in a difficult or similar situation themselves; I had a friend who said to me how she'd never get involved with someone in a difficult situation like me but three years on she is almost in an identical situation herself so she's had to eat her words! Don't let it get to you. :hugs:

That was harsh of her ,:hugs: , and outright rude

She was very rude! My sister and I have different dads but we have always seen each other as 'proper' sisters. Don't worry, your kids will still be brother and sister xx

Very rude of her and uncalled for - IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE :hugs:

Mayb im being over sensitive at the moment, but it felt like she was having a lil dig :growlmad:

:hugs:

If he i a truly good friend, then hopefully it wan't a dig (otherwie she is not a friend that you want...), but sounds like she was being a bit of an insensitive idiot.... :nope:

If I was you, I wouldn't care what he says :hugs:. You have a gorgeous child, you are now with a better OH and you are expecting another baby - that is fab and ALL that matters: you will be a lovely, happy family no matter what :hugs:

I have a half brother and a half sister: we are STILL brothers and sisters, although I not as close as normal sibblings, but that was because we weren't brough up together. Your kids will be brought up together and will be as close as normal sibblings :cloud9:

My advice - rise above it. Doubt she meant to dig (I hope not), just said something stupid... :nope:

QT

What a div! :haha:. My oldest two dont have same dad as my other children, but that doesnt make them any less their sisters,my dh any less their dad in every practical sense or us any less a family unit. What on earth made her the need to raise this irrelevant fact? :wacko:. Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me. Ignore her hun, over 50% of the population have step/half brothers and sisters these days, so what??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->