Those that TTC together, Stick together!! 4 BABY BOYS/3 BABY GIRLS

Wow! Lots of chatty today!!

Rosa!!! TEN eggs!!!! 10 Eggs!!!!! Woohoo!! So how does this work? How many do they transfer? One at a time or more? Are we talking potential for multiples here?! I am so so excited for you and cant wait to take this journey with you!

Repo! I can't believe how far along you are! Just look at that baby!! Any time now!

AFM- Had a great appointment!! My sugar levels have been great! I have also lost 7lbs! Woohoo! This is a good thing because I started out at 303lbs. I am down to 296lbs and he said to let my body lose whatever it needed to. The fact that I am eating very healthy low carb on top of the insulin is making the weight just drop off. Yeah! He also said that I get my first Ultrasound next week on Friday! YES!! I am so excited. He is seeing me once a week for the first tri to monitor the baby to make sure everything is going right and on schedule. I am so thankful to have him as my DR!

Rosa!!! TEN eggs!!!! 10 Eggs!!!!! Woohoo!! So how does this work? How many do they transfer? One at a time or more? Are we talking potential for multiples here?! I am so so excited for you and cant wait to take this journey with you!

Thanks! I'm SO thankful for 10! There was another girl there having her first retrieval done too, and she was in the bed next to me. She only got 5 and was pretty upset. The doc and nurses kept saying "he's still counting" whereas with me, they called out 10 right away and were so excited about it. I felt so bad for her.

My dh supplied a fresh sample of :spermy: while we were there, and by now I hopefully have some good fertilization...They'll call on Monday to let me know how things are going with them. The embryologist is babysitting over the weekend. :rofl: How many I transfer depends on the quality of the embies. If they're excellent, and I have one front runner, we'll transfer on Wednesday, and I'll transfer one. If they're just so so or not excellent, I'll think about doing 2. However, since my issues are only the tubes, not uterus issues, they really suggest just doing one. I'd prefer not to have twins...I've gone back and forth, but there are so many complications that might happen with twins. If this round doesn't work with one, I'm putting in two next time. :thumbup:

Awesome! I am so so excited for you! I don't know, if I knew the option was there, I might be temped to have them put in more than one. I love the "idea" of twins! Lol!

Oh I'm so tempted. However, the more I read about carrying twins, the more I get nervous. There are so many complications with twins, for the mother and the babies. Part of me wants to just be done and never have to do this process again. Two babies, siblings, and DONE. However, I am not willing to risk the complications right now. Ask me again next cycle though...I'll put 2 in that time! :haha:

I just know it is going to work this cycle! I have a really good feeling about it. We are gonna be bump buddies!

brandy- so glad to hear your appointment went well!! Hooray for weightloss!! Sounds like you are doing so wonderful. This is a great start to a great pregnancy and a super sticky bean. I can't wait to see your scan!! There's going to be a nice strong heartbeat in there, I just know it!

Rosa- it's really sad about that other woman. They really ought to have the retreival done in another room to prevent feelings like that. My fingers are tightly crossed that you have one super amazing little embryo to be implanted. I agree with you on the aspect of twins. I always wanted twins but now thinking about all the possible complications that can arise, I'd be an absolute wreck the entire time. Especially after Roman tried to come early, I'm not sure I could manage. My brother-in-law's twin nieces were born at 29 weeks and it was just such a long struggle. Their happy 3 year olds now, but I can't imagine going through it.

rosa, that is soo awsome, ten eggs is fabulous!!!! I don't think there will be a next cyle for you i have faith this is going to be your baby!!!!

Rosa it's crazy that they ultimately let you chose whether you could have twins or not. If you said you want two, they'll do it no matter what? I agree, try one this round, and hope for it to work but if not try two next time. Twins would be pretty rough....

Brandy m glad you have a good doc. It will help since you'll be worried a lot this time around!

NY, yes they let us choose. To a point, they won't put more than 3 in, and even 3 I think doc would strongly talk me out of it. 1 now (as long as the quality is excellent) and if it doesn't work (which I pray it does of course) then 2 next time. Down the road (in a few years) when I'm older trying this again, I'll probably put 2 in. They say 35 and up to put at least 2 in each time, but since I'm 32, they say 1 or 2. A lot of clinics are pushing the single embryo transfer thing.

Love, luckily, I don't think the other woman was in earshot when they told me. Her retrieval was shortly after mine, but she was still in the waiting room, I think. So that's good. I'm glad she didn't ask me how many I got. We were chatting a bit, and I was like please oh please don't ask me! Poor thing. However, it can definitely still work with 5 eggs.

Thanks, repo! I really hope it works the first time. However, I'm trying not to put all my eggs in one basket. (Yes, I really went there...:rofl:) If it doesn't work, I'm fortunate enough to have insurance to cover it a few more times.

Kendon is 2 1/2 months and i STILL leak, EVERYWHERE ALL the time!! It's so gross lol. It's not as bad as it was at first, but I think that's why I made a lot more milk than he actually needs, b/c he wastes half of it bc it sprays so hard and gets all over the place and he waits til the spraying has calmed down, so in turn i make more than he actually eats. when i pump, i get 8-10 oz! and i KNOW he doesnt eat THAT much! And yes its ok to nurse on just one side, it helps prevent foremilk hindmilk imalance, which both my boys had, and when they have that, it causes them to eat more often as well. That happens when baby eats off one side but doesnt completely drain it, and switches to the other and gets too much of the foremilk from both sides and not the fatty good for you (hind milk) that comes at the end of each breast. the foremilk doesnt stick with them as long , which results in them being hungry again way too soon. I joked the first few weeks that i constantly had one on the boob and one up my butt 24/7, so the constant nursing is normal, even if hes getting full or not, he's probably doing a lot of it for comfort, do you use a pacifier? that might help somewhat, but it will get better bc Kendon is now to where he goes 2-3 hours between feedings so i get a good break instead of like every 30 min wanting to nurse! eventually when he doesnt sleep quite as much, he will take in more milk and it will in turn last him a big longer and more of a break for you mommy!

Thanks kylar. A lot of that was helpful and relieving to hear. Also, had noooooo idea about fore milk, hind milk. Now I'm thinking that's an issue. I'm the one who cuts him off one boob andntries to switch him cuz that's what I thoughti was supposed to do. But how do iknow when he has gotten o hind milk? I'm confused!

10 eggs!!! Too Awesome! This is soundsing soooo great ROSA!!! FXD!

Awesome appt BRANDY!!! Can't wait for the scan pics! You kids are some cuties by the way....

AFM...Nothing new to report but you can...stalk my chart!! Started OPKs this weekend. I found a few minutes in the weekend to get my hair done, I have been however, cleaning the house soooo much... lol, I never sit and rest! I hope you all have had a GREAT weekend!

ny- I think you're worrying over nothing. Is LO having plenty of wet/dirty napkins? Is he gaining weight? Just let him nurse till he's finished with one side then offer him the other if he'll take it. You don't need to offer both if he seems satisfied after nursing off the one. Your body is doing what it needs to, you're very lucky. I would love to be in your position. I wish I didn'yt have to pump every hour or two just to get only 6-7 ounces a day. Just know you are doing a wonderful job and your LO is getting the very best there possibly is.

I went back to work on Saturday. Leaving him was the hardest thing I've ever done. I cried. I'm hoping things change soon to where I can be a SAHM, or only work a day or two a week. My poor little peanut knows when I'm getting ready to leave. It's so rough on him. He stays awake the entire time I'm gone and won't let DH put him down.

Love, I'm so sorry you had to go back to work. :hugs: That must be so hard. Does R get to stay home with daddy?

MrsM, welcome to the POAS addict club of opks!! :haha: There were days I did 3 a day to catch that darn surge!

Afm, had my transfer today. For the long story, check out my journal. I transferred two grade A/B embryos. PUPO with twins! :oneofeach: A little nervous that it was today as opposed to day 5, but I only had 2 good ones. So we put both in. PMA. PMA. Trying not to be stressed.

Yes, Roman stays home with daddy. Even though daddy is around it's s till not the same. He clearly misses me. I get home and give him his bath, feed him then read to him while I rock him to sleep. He fights going to sleep because he's afraid I will be gone when he wakes up. It breaks my heart.
Did they tell you what the chances are that both will stick? Twins would be so exciting!! I'm jealous lol. When do you start testing?

Awwww. He loves you so much!! :flower: That's sweet.

Not sure what the chances are that both will stick. I'm hoping for one, but I'd be thrilled with both! Just give me a baby!! :hissy:

Also not sure when I'll test. My beta probably isn't for another 2 weeks. I haven't sure if I'll test early. It makes me nervous to test on my own.

Thanks kylar. A lot of that was helpful and relieving to hear. Also, had noooooo idea about fore milk, hind milk. Now I'm thinking that's an issue. I'm the one who cuts him off one boob andntries to switch him cuz that's what I thoughti was supposed to do. But how do iknow when he has gotten o hind milk? I'm confused!

He's supposed to completely drain one the first side to ensure he's gotten all the hind milk. if you are making plenty. You could try doing what's called block feeding... and its where you just give him one boob per feeding. So one feeding give him the left side, and then in 2-3 hrs give him the right boob. if your boob that the baby is not eating from gets uncomfortably full, you can pump that one, and that will give you the extra milk you are wanting to make. If theres not enough milk in the one boob and baby is still hungry, they say to keep offering him the same side, and it will eventually make more and just the one boob will fill him up. that makes it to where they get the right balance of foremilk hindmilk. and it might be rough at first , and he may get hungry often, but they say in that 2-3 hr block if u just keep offering that same side anytime he wants to eat, it wont take long for that side to build up the right amount of milk that baby needs, and then the next feeding do it with the other boob. i tried this with kendon, he had the same issues. i didnt stick with it very well though lol. but its worth a shot!

He's a total mommy's boy, just the way I like it. I'm going to soak up all the baby love I can before he suddenly sprouts into the teenager who can't be seen within a mile of me lol.
I'm betting both of those little eggies stick an 9 months from now you'll have a bouncing set of twins. I'm so excited! How are you feeling?

Rosa, that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinking exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the first post-- ready and brandys, when did you get your bfp ? Am i missing anyones info on any of the lists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->