Those who don't celebrate Christmas.

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
This is going to sound like a silly question but I have been wondering what you actually do on Christmas day? Do you treat it like every other day etc?

:flower:

Hi i dont Celebrate Christmas as i'm a Jehovahs Witness. I travel to my parents who also dont celebrate and we just have a family day chill out take the dogs out for there long walk like we do every year there is about 30 of us that do it. So its really just like a normal day just chill eat choc and watch tv mainly :) xx

Hi i dont Celebrate Christmas as i'm a Jehovahs Witness. I travel to my parents who also dont celebrate and we just have a family day chill out take the dogs out for there long walk like we do every year there is about 30 of us that do it. So its really just like a normal day just chill eat choc and watch tv mainly :) xx

I think this is what most people who DO celebrate Christmas do on Christmas day!! Apart from the presents of course.:flower:

Even though we do celebrate christmas thats pretty much what our day is like :)

We dont celebrate the religious side of it as we are Muslim, but we all go round to my mums, chill, have a massive feast which is a roast dinner with all the trimmings and just generally spend time together and take advantage of the few day off and rest.

We dont do gifts etc or a tree and decorations...but its hard not to join in the festivities as its such a fun time of yr :)

We just treat it as a normal day.

This year, as it is a Sunday, we will be having a roast dinner and do what we do every other Sunday, watch a film and maybe play Monopoly. (I am slightly obsessed with Monoploy, lol.)

My husband (who's family does celebrate) will go round to his parents and exchange gifts with them and his siblings whilst I am cooking dinner.

XX

We do treat it like any other day except we always go on a drive on Christmas day afternoon and evening; and try to spot 'sacrilicious [sic]' chicken shops daring to be open on Christmas day lol! Also the roads are uber-quiet so no getting stuck in traffic. xx

We dont celebrate the religious side of it as we are Muslim, but we all go round to my mums, chill, have a massive feast which is a roast dinner with all the trimmings and just generally spend time together and take advantage of the few day off and rest.

We dont do gifts etc or a tree and decorations...but its hard not to join in the festivities as its such a fun time of yr :)

Aw thats nice. I bet its nice just to have some time off and family time. We dont go to church so our day is not much different really. Just nice to have some time out from usual activities x

its true thats what alot of people do do! its just so nice not to have the stress of xmas the whole buying presents and spending all that money. We have a little present say in September on our wedding anniversary which is nice. We love the January sales tho thats where i treat my family aswell well my new little niece for defo this year :) xx

If any of our friends who celebrate Christmas throw a party or dinner, we join them. If not, and Hanukkah is overlapping with Christmas, then it's just another night of Hanukkah. Basically, DH and I support the joy of our loved ones who celebrate Christmas, but the holiday itself isn't anything to us.

We had a big day with family at the beach yesterday (christmas eve) having a BBQ, swimming , playing games etc. Theres usually a whole heap of our family and friends camping down there so thats been the tradition the last few years, but as we went down there on Chrsitmas eve this year today we didnt do much today as DH bunged up his knee playing soccer yesterday with a bunch of 13 yr olds lol....so he was whinging all day and i just hung out with LO. Tomorrow (the 26th) im going to a BBQ lunch with my family members that do celebrate xmas so we can all get together too. We do gift giving all year round as a surprise and not on any set dates etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->