Those who had early losses

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I have noticed a few people have named their babies, if you had and early loss did you get told the sex ??? how early can they tell??

My baby stopped growing at 9 weeks

we just guessed... must admit i'm still in limbo though
but my mom said that most of the mc's are boys so i declared it to be a boy,
although we've been saying "she" since the second day after we found out i was pg.

maybe superficial... but i named him as a boy just bc we're already set on the girl's name
and the boy's name we just really liked....
do i make sense? i can't seem to make a decent sentence today

We don't know but thought it was a girl from the start. The hosp may put me right with histology results following my complaint about Ruby's treatment.

oh ok thanks, was wondering how people got to name their babies - I didn't think that you could tell the sex so early, that explains things:blush::flower:

Yep, I'd just felt 'girl' since I got pregnant, and think of her as my daughter. I gave her a unisex name though!

Cat
xxx

Of course I will never ever know but like the other angel mums, I just guessed. I did name them but they will always be my angels xxxx

I didn't know either, and at first didn't want to make an assumption one way or the other so I gave her a unisex name. But then after a while it got tiresome always saying "he/she" and somehow it just became a girl, it just felt natural to say "her" instead of "him" but I still don't know how I feel about it, I just know my baby is looking down on me smiling and if it turns out that "she" is a "he" we will laugh about it when we meet some day :) (I try to think of it as this: angels don't have a sex, they are a little of both and at the same time neither. So gender isn't all too important :) )

I always thought my angel was a boy, but I've given my baby a unisex name. It feels more natural to refer to 'him' though. I've never shared the name with anyone yet. I don't know....I think saying or writing the name just makes it more painful.

oh said as soon as I found out that..baby was Coral..and that was that

didnt get as far as finding out the gender

For me, mine was 100% a boy, because of our trisomy issues when i was at the hospital for excessive bleeding, they took a piece of placenta and tested it, I didnt know they would test for sex but when my Dr. called me back and told me my little boy had trisomy 15 :(
This is a good question though i kinda wondered about the other women as well.

wish i knew.....have no idea what any of them were :( didn't even name any of them, feel's too painful and real to do.....maybe one day, dont feel ready to yet tho xxx

I miscarried later than most at 14.4 weeks and they never told me if it was a boy or girl and i didnt see because i had a d&c.I always thought i was having a boy though and already had names picked out, i didnt want to name him at first but i felt bad calling him the baby it didnt feel real so i named him rowan just as he would have been named if he'd hung on longer.I've found naming him makes its so much easier to deal with, my son rowan instead of my baby makes it more personal and more real to me but i understand why people would choose not to i just found it helpful

I miscarried later than most at 14.4 weeks and they never told me if it was a boy or girl and i didnt see because i had a d&c.I always thought i was having a boy though and already had names picked out, i didnt want to name him at first but i felt bad calling him the baby it didnt feel real so i named him rowan just as he would have been named if he'd hung on longer.I've found naming him makes its so much easier to deal with, my son rowan instead of my baby makes it more personal and more real to me but i understand why people would choose not to i just found it helpful

Exactly. Naming Rubes makes her feel more real... makes her a person and helps us to feel closer to her.

We knew Charlie was a boy due to CVS testing. His name came to me in a dream, it's like he chose it himself. It helps me.

wish i knew.....have no idea what any of them were :( didn't even name any of them, feel's too painful and real to do.....maybe one day, dont feel ready to yet tho xxx

I agree with Laura, after one maybe I could have but after 5 its to painful to imagine what would have been :cry:

I had a mmc at 9 weeks (baby had died around 6 weeks), and I never got that 'feeling' that it was either a boy or girl. So I call our tiny baby Pip. When I had Erin, we didn't actually know what sex she was to begin with, we only found out after a pm that she was a girl (she was born at 20 weeks).

I just had a feeling mine was a boy from the start, so we named him, and bought a bauble for the Xmas tree with his name on it...kinda makes me feel like we aren't forgetting him on Xmas day...whether it helps on the actual day when I shuda been 17 weeks or not, is a different story I guess

my first i was told at the 12 weeks scan she was probably a girl but they said they werent gona say a definate until i got to 20weeks...so i named her Jamie(in case she was a he) lawas felt she was girl though...Baby T (Taylor, OH's second name) felt was a boy, simply because he was stubborn like his dada lol

My mum also said that many women miscarry boys. She miscarried two before having me. When i miscarried i had a very strong feeling my baby was a girl. I never found out. My mum said by naming my baby it may help. I named bubz Hope. My mum never told me what she named her boys...

xxx

Again, with me it was just a feeling. I always thought Edan was a boy since very early, and he looked a little like a boy. I don't know. Just seemed right and I needed a name and a gender - it has been part of my healing process :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->