those who have bf in the past?

little moomin

Mama of One for now!
Reaction score
Im just wondering, I bf my son for 18 months, stopped almost 2 years ago. In my first pg (with him) my boobs were so so painful from first getting a bfp i think on and off all pg but most notably first tri, this time my nipples have been a bit tender, boobs a bit bigger, but really no pain.
Have you found this? Is it likely due to the boobs having been already erm 'used'? The whole pg has felt different tbh so it may just be that. Have you found less sensitivity this time round?

Hi I only bf for 8-9 weeks with my first 2 but im having the opposite, my boobs r agony! I dont remember them being this painful last time! I think just every pregnancy is different! :)
Maybe ur having a girl this time!? :winkwink:

Well I have nursed 2 kiddos and either my nipples hurt a little more in my first pregnancy or I am just used to it now and was paying more attention with my first. :haha: But I'm still nursing #2 and while she is nursing it is agony! They aren't too bad otherwise - can't let the shower touch them or things rub against them or they hurt though.

Definitely depends on the pregnancy! With DS (who I'm still breastfeeding) I felt no sensitivity that I could tell. So far with this pregnancy I don't have any tenderness or sensitivity thank goodness. I would definitely notice too since DS still bf's off and on throughout the day.

I expect that to change at some point though! Hoping that due to them being used the pain with newborn breastfeeding isn't as bad. :)

sun: How far along are you and when did you notice pain? I'm really nervous!

I haven't got sore boobs they are just fuller and nipples sore but its my first pregnancy x

Hmm bit of a mixed bunch then! Overall my symptoms have been much calmer this time, but last time i remember having to wear vests/breast pads even in very early second tri as any slight boldness would reduce me to tears because my nipples were so sore and i couldn't sleep on my tummy from about 7 weeks due to my boobs being on fire!
Ho hum i really hope everything is ok.

Definitely depends on the pregnancy! With DS (who I'm still breastfeeding) I felt no sensitivity that I could tell. So far with this pregnancy I don't have any tenderness or sensitivity thank goodness. I would definitely notice too since DS still bf's off and on throughout the day.

I expect that to change at some point though! Hoping that due to them being used the pain with newborn breastfeeding isn't as bad. :)

sun: How far along are you and when did you notice pain? I'm really nervous!

I always noticed something, but it was similar to the discomfort I felt before OV while BF. I really noticed the pain getting worse around 10 weeks or just before. I thought it wouldn't get too bad then ouch. I can't remember if it hurt this much when I was PG and BF my son (he weaned though once my milk went weird at 14w lol)

Mine don't. But my daughter is still breastfeeding, so thats probably why for me.

Mine don't. But my daughter is still breastfeeding, so thats probably why for me.

How far along are you? I am hoping the BF pain eases up a bit for me soon! It was tolerable until 9-10 weeks, but now it is SO painful to BF. I just grit my teeth until it's over.

I had to stop bfing my daughter because they got painful again :( even the shower hurts them now.

I had to stop bfing my daughter because they got painful again :( even the shower hurts them now.

Yes the shower is bad too, but not as bad as BF - dang! I hope it eases up a bit once I hit 2nd tri...

Im just wondering, I bf my son for 18 months, stopped almost 2 years ago. In my first pg (with him) my boobs were so so painful from first getting a bfp i think on and off all pg but most notably first tri, this time my nipples have been a bit tender, boobs a bit bigger, but really no pain.
Have you found this? Is it likely due to the boobs having been already erm 'used'? The whole pg has felt different tbh so it may just be that. Have you found less sensitivity this time round?

I could have posted this myself! I am still breastfeeding my son who is 19 months and noticed how my boobs are not as sore and swollen as they were during my pregnancy with him. BUT TODAY they just started getting really sore and painful when he nurses!

My friend also is still breastfeeding (she BF through her second pregnancy) and during her pregnancy she said she never had any breast tenderness at all until the middle of the second trimester.

I do think that because our boobs have been "broken in" and have been recently nursed from that we don't experience the soreness and tenderness that much.

Mine are definitely more sore today then they were though (I'm close to 5 weeks pregnant), and when he nurses it's like little needles are embedded in my nipples.

It seems to vary from woman to woman but I think previously BFing definitely changes what we experience during subsequent pregnancies.

Moomin, yes similar to you. I bf my daughter for 12 months, stopped 1 year ago. My boobs were painful from first getting a bfp when I first had my BFP with her, but less sensitivity this time round.

My breasts didn't hurt at all when I was pregnant with dd. Like Earthmamma now they feel like there are needles in them, except it started a few days after my bfp and has been getting worse. It is agony and I feel like crying every time I nurse and it doesn't help that for some reason dd has started nursing a lot more since my bfp! I guess every pregnancy is different. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->