Those who have had their babies - do you still love the name you chose?

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm asking this as my baby is 6 weeks old ❤️ I posted a few times on here asking about my short list and finding it very difficult to choose a boys name after using our favourites on DS1 (must have known it was a boy deep down!)

We decided on Freddie and I am so pleased we did! After 6 weeks I love it even more. It really suits him and we have had no end of compliments on the name :)

I'm just interested really to see if others still love their name xx

Edit - we put Frederick on the birth certificate to give him some choice in the future, although we only really refer to him as Freddie day to day x

Yes I love it more now than before, but I think most children grow into their names and I'd probably love whatever we chose just as much!

Problem is, I can't find anything I like nearly as much for number 2.

I still adore my sons first name, Logan. I couldn't possibly see him as anything else now.

His middle name, I still love (Max) but I do kinda regret the randomness of it. I picked it because I liked it, but I do wish I had used something with more of a family tie. My dad's dying of cancer currently, I really wish I named his middle names after his grandparents (Logan Micheal Paul H) but alas, stuck now lol

Love it.
Lo's name was picked by oh and he done a great job, her middle name is a combination of both granny's names.
Perfect imo.

I love all of mine, mostly because they're family names and have lots of sentimental meaning. My youngest daughters first name isn't a family name but her middle name is.

I do although i slightly regret Poppy, not because i don't love it but because i can't imagine a professional called Poppy. However there are lots of random names now in her generation so i'm hoping its not going to be a problem. I love freya now although i wasn't keen at first.

I adore the name we gave our DD. It was contentious with the family to begin with but now noone could imagine her called anything else. The pet name we use really suits her feisty personality now but when she is older she can use the more professional longer version if she prefers.

I love my sons name... he couldnt be anything else

but his first name (which we dont use day to day) I still dont like, wish id been stricter with OH

DS- yes, it is perfect for him.
DD- not entirely... I do think it's beautiful and I think it suits her, but I have another name I love and wish we'd used.

Interesting thread. We worried about the name we chose for ds and lots of close family told us they weren't keen initially but it's grown on everyone and we love it more now than we did when he was a few days old.

DS1- yes still love his name!!
DS2- As soon as I gave in to DH I regretted it. Regretted it or 2.5 years am over it now (at the beginning there was plenty of tears and in the very beginning I acidently called him the other name a few times) Its a horrible feeling and made me stress ALOT while naming my other children
DD1- LOVE her name.
DS3- Love his name too it wasn't my 3rd fav name and we compromised on it and I am glad we used it then the other 2 I had 1st and 2nd.

Yes, I still absolutely love the name Liam! :cloud9:

Hate his middle name though (Van) but DF was so fussed about it since it's such a long standing family tradition that I gave in because it's just a middle name so it's not like I'll ever really have to use it and he won't need to use it much either.

Hate his middle name though (Van) but DF was so fussed about it since it's such a long standing family tradition that I gave in because it's just a middle name so it's not like I'll ever really have to use it and he won't need to use it much either.

we joke that we should of used Van instead (because me an OH met when he offered me a lift home from a party in his friends huge white van) and it would of been Jake Van (surname)

to be honest I prefer it to what we have lol

we joke that we should of used Van instead (because me an OH met when he offered me a lift home from a party in his friends huge white van) and it would of been Jake Van (surname)

to be honest I prefer it to what we have lol

I mostly don't like it because I worry that people will mistake his last name for being "Van Ellis" instead of just "Ellis". :dohh:

Still love my son's name - could not imagine him being called anything else! :)

To be entirely honest, no. We'd originally decided on Lilia Eden as DD's name, which I thought was just beautiful. Then towards the end of third tri, I started second guessing our decision and started going through different names. OH and I had a list of names that I loved, but he was completely stuck on Zoe. I like the name, but I couldn't imagine my daughter named Zoe. I always preferred very feminine names, and Zoe seemed sorta tomboyish to me. I wanted Madeleine, which OH was deadset against, as it was his father's favorite name (they don't get along), so I was also hoping for Emilia, Chloe, or Arabella. About an hour after I gave birth, we still hadn't agreed on anything, so I finally gave in and named her Zoe, as OH was fine with me using my mother's middle name for her middle name (Nicole). As soon as I signed off on the birth certificate I bawled, and I totally regret it. If I could, I would most definitely change her name... But she's Zoe to everyone, and I'm not sure she could be seen as anything else!

If OH and I decide to have another in the future, I'm choosing the name! :haha:

I love my DDs name, it is just her!

I sometimes look at her and imagine calling her by one of the other names we had on our list and it just doesn't work!

Dd1- no its a beautiful classical name, I just wish it was less common
Dd2- I went through a regret phase and wished we had picked Jessica as its more classical, but now I'm back to not regretting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->