Those who LTTTC#1, how long did it take to conceive #2?

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Hello, it took me 3 years to fall pregnant with my first baby and I am now considering starting to ttc #2 incase it takes the same length of time. Just looking for some ladies to share their experiences, as there seems to be a rumour floating around that #2 is easier to conceive, is this the case? Did it take longer for you? Was #1 a breeze and #2 the problem? Please share your experiences, it would be greatly appreciated :) ps. This post is not intended in anyway to upset those ltttc #1 as I know personally how tough it is to go through ltttc as, as mentioned above, it took 3 years with my daughter and if I have upset anybody, please accept my apologies as this was not my intention at all. :flower:

I've no direct experience but I've a friend who was about 6 years before getting pregnant on round 4 of clomid, baby 2 was first round of clomid. They knew what worked first time round!
Another firend was over a year with baby 1, baby 2 was a few months.
I was about 6 mths with baby 1 and still trying for baby 2

TBH I think it all depends on your body and the reasons why you struggled for baby 1, will the same solution work again? I do believe that stress plays a part - lots of people will disagree - but I also have a firend who was LTTC and concieved once on the IUI waiting list and the presure was off.

I think what I would advise is if you are able to cope financally with another then I'd start trying now and see what happens.

I'm really glad you asked this, as I'm the same situation took 4 years to get my daughter and now we are starting to think we should try again now for no2 just incase things don't go to plan again. Hopefully more experienced people will anwser.xx

It took my husband and I 7 years to concieve our daughter, after that we tried for 18 months before putting it on hold while I lost weight. 113 lbs later and 3 months into TTC #2 I became pregnant with my son and we're expecting him sometime in the next 9 or so weeks.

Good luck ladies, I know how hard it is and I truly wish that you all get your babies soon :hugs:

It took us 2 and a half years to conceive my first. I'm now 11 months into ttc number 2 but no bfp so far.

2 years to conceive DD, have been off depo since august 2012 & no bfp positive yet.. Wi start ttc in January (were NTNP at the mo)

good luck ladies :hugs:

It took us just under 2 years and 4 IUIs to conceive #1 with unexplained infertility. I was 23 when we started ttc.

Our second child was conceived after one accidental episode of unprotected sex!! Crazy.

Third child was conceived in 7 months and after an ovary and tube were removed.

We've been ttc #4 for 3.5 years now with 4 failed IUIs. I started to ttc when my youngest was only 1 and I was 32. All tests are normal and I have regular cycles.

No rhyme or reason why sometimes I've been infertile and sometimes I'm not. You just really never know if or when it's going to happen.

Good luck to you in conceiving your second child.

I'll be stalking this.

Took us 2 years to conceive dd. DH had (and probably still has) low morphology. We aren't ready for No 2 yet, ideally I'd like a 3-4 year gap. But of course I am worried that if leave trying till dd is 2.5 it will take a long time again... So I'm really confused about what to do :shrug:

It took us 5 months to conceive our DS (ironically on the month we weren't meant to be trying!). We are now nearing the 2 year mark TTC #2. Test results have so far shown that there are major problems with DH's sperm. Since nothing has really changed in the last 4 years (lifestyle wise) there's a good chance his sperm has always been like that.... we are currently waiting for more tests and DH is taking Fertilaid.

Good luck to you all - I guess it just goes to show sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to it all and we don't seem to have any control over it!

It took us 7 years to conceive our DD, and since her birth a little over a year ago, we have had three chemical pregnancies. :(
Clearly the pregnancy 'fixed' something, but there are still other issues to deal with. :shrug:

It took 2 years and IVF to conceive my son. He's now 2.5 so my husband and I decided we should start trying now with the idea that it probably wouldn't work out. Then, we'd do another round of IVF next summer. Turns out, my body has figured out what to do since having a child because I am about 6.5 weeks pregnant with a miracle bean. I can't even believe it! I'm being realistic because I know my body has not cooperated in the past, but I have everything crossed that this one is sticky.

It took us 2 years to conceive our son and we have decided to just NTNP now and see what happens. But as I am still breastfeeding/haven't had a period/don't have much sex because of a young baby (!) I think it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

I am really hoping that I am one of those women whose body has figured out what to do this time round though as those stories have always inspired me!

It took us 2.5 years to conceive our son then amazingly 3 months this time, can't quite get my head around it all. Was really prepared for the long haul

With my first at the age of 25 it took somewhere between 18-24 months. (11 years ago. Memory isn't as sharp ;-) I had a slew of issues prior to conceiving him. I was almost 11 weeks when I found out b/c it never occured to me that I COULD get pregnant.

After DS it seemed my body figured out what it was supposed to do all along. I went off birth control and got pregnant the second cycle off.

3 years with my first. 1 week with my 2nd! i was n shock n actually felt guilty that it happened so quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->