Thought I wanted a girl...

Beneli

Reaction score
I have two boys already and I actually swayed this time for a girl. Well, lo and behold I have a pink bundle on the way! Now I'm realizing more and more that I only wanted a girl so ppl would leave me alone about "trying for a girl" and all the comments we moms of boys hear all the time. Now that I'm having a girl, I'm mourning being a mom of only boys and don't look forward to having a little girl in the house AT ALL. I've actually never really liked little girls and am terrified that she'll ruin the great flow we have going I'm the family. Not sure what advice I'm looking for, but needed to vent this somewhere other than at home where dh would kill me if he knew we did all that work to sway girl only for me to be disappointed!

I hope I feel like u if and when I get pregnant again were trying for a girl after having 4 boys

Hope u feel better about it

Your girl will fit right in hon. Honestly...little girl babies are just babies, and she will eventually develop her own little personality. I found my son and my daughter--not really different in regard to gender/sex. Even now that they're both toddlers. Congrats on your girl hon!

Oh I'm sure she will fit in Hun :)
Girls don't need pink and frills and OTT wardrobes etc. I'm sure once she's here your feelings will change :) I'm having my 3rd boy but wanted a girl this time. Sometimes I'm ok with not having a girl but then other days I feel ripped off.
But I do know that once this little fella is here ill feel south better about it.
Big :hugs:

I have another week before my anatomy scan and I have also found myself becoming more worried than excited. What if it is a girl it'll be like having my first baby i have no clue where to begin with the Daughter i so desperately wanted. I'm questioning my reasoning for wanting a girl also is this due to feeling the need to produce at least one girl :shrug: it'll be a world unknown for me having so many boys

My third is a little girl after having two boys and is more of a 'boy' than they are! She fits in perfectly and plays lego and cars with her brothers and at 15 months is tougher than them!

Your little girl will fit in just fine and it's such a blessing to experience both genders. :hugs:xx

I hope my third with dh is a girl I'd not it will make 5 boys in all

Thanks all! I just feel such enormous guilt because I so desperately wanted this girl and now that I'm having her, I'm panicking and not up for the change. I think that's what it's all really coming down to...change. So many emotions too about whether I'll end up favoring my boys because I've never connected well with other girls and then create a horrible mother-daughter relationship :(

I think once she's born everything u feel will go away and u will have an amazing relationship with her

I'm having a boy after a girl and in a similar situation, as in struggling to come to terms with change in the house.. I really wanted another girl as growing up i was never a girly girl til my daughter came along, i love her she's my little best friend :) hope you come to terms with it soon, i'm getting there.. Talking about it defo helps! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->